Sign up; move on: Time to register!

Hellions » Pit Stops » Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
http://www.nmsim.proboards88.com/index.cgi?board=pitstops&action=display&thread=1190236775


Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Meisha "Muse" Aisha on Sept 19, 2007, 4:19pm

Before the Hellions depart again, Hill calls anyone who is interested in registering into the SHIELD base again, to do so.


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Meisha "Muse" Aisha on Sept 19, 2007, 5:59pm

[Since it seems no-one else is doing it… :D.]

I step into the place warily, look over the form, run it all the way down. I told Wreck I'd look this over, and I am; and it still seems as fair as it could possibly be in the current situation. I look it over once more, before finally putting pen to paper.

First Name: Kelly

Last Name: Thorley

Middle Initial: A.

Address: Mobile Home.

Physical description: Raven black hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. 5' 8'' and 115 lbs.

Please enter a brief but concise description of your mutant abilities: Photoelectric manipulation and empathy.


True or False:

My mutant abilities are entirely under control: False.

My mutant abilities frighten me: False.

My mutant abilities make me want to burn things and/or people: False.

My mutant abilities are a gift: True.

I am the hand of God, none live or die but by my will: False (???).

When registered, I intend to use governmental training to refine my abilities: False; the Xavier Institute provides me with the training a require.

I have kept my mutant abilities secret, when possible: False.

I do not use my mutant abilities responsibly all of the time: False.



Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Joshua/Darya/Kara/Marcus on Sept 20, 2007, 1:16am

«Probably will modify this in the morning. Doesn't seem squirrel girl enough.»

First Name: Doreen

Last Name: Green

Address: On a great big bus.

Physical description: Um… Well I have a tail, as well as buck teeth, and claws. Because I'm Squirrel Girl see? Short brown hair, black marks on my eyelids. And I always carry Tippy Toe and my nutsack with me.

Please enter a brief but concise description of your mutant abilities: I talk to squirrels, they're fun and brave, well most of the time. I also have claws, squirrel agility, and squirrel strength.


True or False:

My mutant abilities are entirely under control: True… I guess

My mutant abilities frighten me: False.

My mutant abilities make me want to burn things and/or people: Why would I want to do a gosh darned mean thing like that?

My mutant abilities are a gift: True. It helped me save people, plus it put me in a golly good team.

I am the hand of God, none live or die but by my will: Wat?

When registered, I intend to use governmental training to refine my abilities: If it helps me save people.

I have kept my mutant abilities secret, when possible: False.

I do not use my mutant abilities responsibly all of the time: False. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, don't they?


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Meisha "Muse" Aisha on Sept 20, 2007, 1:18am

[:). Ta. Also, at some point, could Dean or Last come over here and do the rest of the registration stuff?]


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Last Hero on Sept 20, 2007, 8:24am

When the Hellions arrive at the base, they find a familiar face waiting to get them signed up - Wildfire, of all people.

"Hey." She stands outside the base, waving as they come up. "Hill called me down, said I could make the transition easier. Everyone ready?"


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Meisha "Muse" Aisha on Sept 20, 2007, 9:29am

[Kelly]

I amble forwards, walking for once, and dragging my heels just a little; not in the best of moods. I've been arguing with people about this way too much- no-one seems to see it the same way that I do. No-one. And that makes me a little concerned.

'Course, the familiar voice, and then when I look up, the familiar face does a little to pick my mood up. Well, does a lot.

I shoot over to her and latch on. Not the time or the place, I know. I don't care.


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Last Hero on Sept 20, 2007, 9:31am

Wildfire's a little surprised at first, but she returns the hug. "Hi, Kelly. How're you holding up?"


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Meisha "Muse" Aisha on Sept 20, 2007, 9:34am

"Holding up? There's nothing to hold up with- everything's perfect, finally going the way things should!" I beam.

Of course, then a couple of thoughts cross my mind.

"You know, other than the potential persecution, the ostracisation of mutants as a whole because of what happened at the march, the President and everyone in line dying and Graydon Creed being in office. But things'll get better."


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Last Hero on Sept 20, 2007, 10:27am

"They will. I promise you that much." She puts her hand on Kelly's shoulder. "For now, though, business - you've already signed up, right?"


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Shaman on Sept 20, 2007, 4:57pm

Shaman floats out and throws the registration forms back at Wildfire, the only thing filled out on the entire sheet being this

'First Name: Fuck
Middle Initial: You
Last Name: Suit'

Without bothering to say anything he just keeps floating away. He's technically not standing on US soil.


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Meisha "Muse" Aisha on Sept 20, 2007, 5:07pm

Hill walks out just as Shaman throws the form at Wildfire. He finds himself crashing to the floor.

"You know, after a little incident the other day with one of your Hellions, we fitted power dampeners in this place that respond to unwarranted, unregulated uses of power. Wonderful little things, aren't they?"

She stands there a moment, memorising the image of Shaman on the floor after having crashed down, and then walks back inside, smiling to herself.


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Shaman on Sept 20, 2007, 5:12pm

Shaman picks himself up and dusts himself off.

"Then allow me to display just how a man handles his problems, you smug little rag."

Without a sigh or a hint of displeasure he starts walking, without turning his head back, without making acknowledgments. Just making his trek.


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Wreck on Sept 20, 2007, 8:01pm

Somewhere before, during or after this (damn wonky timeframe), Wreck skulks in, produces a red crayon and sits down.

First Name: Wreck

Last Name: Don't have one. Eat me.

Address: A bus, via New York, via the Kingdom of Mephisto, via New York

Physical description: I have teeth where my eyes should be. They're pretty. I'm proud of them.

Please enter a brief but concise description of your mutant abilities: ….I can't die. If you kill me, I come back. About as pleasant as it sounds. Oh yeah, and I can apparently make things disintegrate. Big whoop. Not like I'm strong enough to crush the universe by doing it. That would just be nuts.


True or False:

My mutant abilities are entirely under control: ….I can't die. Aside from the constant danger of wandering in front of metro trains, how do you NOT control a power like that?

My mutant abilities frighten me: I'm a little paranoid of living forever and seeing the end of the universe up close, but other than that, no.

My mutant abilities make me want to burn things and/or people: Quite the opposite, really.

My mutant abilities are a gift: I see the uses in them. I may not like them, but I've seen that they can help people.

I am the hand of God, none live or die but by my will: I AM BLIGHT, SCOURGE OF THE GALAXY. FEAR ME, AND….I kid. No. What the hell kind of question is this?

When registered, I intend to use governmental training to refine my abilities: I'm just fine with Xavier's training. Like I've said twenty times now, there are only so many ways one can die. It's not complicated.

I have kept my mutant abilities secret, when possible: True. You'd be surprised at the amount of people who just don't LIKE someone with teeth in their eye sockets. Do yoooooooooooooou?

I do not use my mutant abilities responsibly all of the time: False. True? Question is worded weirdly. In any case, of course I'm responsible. Do you really think anyone would fill out a survey and say they AREN'T responsible? That's moronic.

Wreck then crumples the form up into a little ball. Prepares to throw it away, before pausing and shoving it into his pocket instead.


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Kelly Alecia "Star Girl" Lisa on Sept 21, 2007, 5:01am

[Yay for time-hopping :D!]

Sept 20, 2007, 10:27am, Last Hero wrote:"They will. I promise you that much." She puts her hand on Kelly's shoulder. "For now, though, business - you've already signed up, right?"

I glance disapprovingly at Shaman before turning to Wildfire again.

"Um…." I hold up the form. "Filled it out, but… is it okay if I just hold onto it for the thirty days and just do the other stuff first, hand it over later? I kind of promised…."


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Ixnay on Sept 21, 2007, 9:06am

Jay walks out of the helicarrier casually.

"You know, last time I canceled that guy's powers, he gave me a five minute lecture about a balance that needed to be maintained by smoking reefer or something, I don't know. That was oddly dissatisfying."

He smiles rather fakely at Wildfire, then more genuinely at Kelly.

"Hey, how's it going?"


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Kelly Alecia "Star Girl" Lisa on Sept 21, 2007, 9:10am

"Mm, just getting this stuff sorted out, trying to ignore Ms. Hill being mean."

I turn around to see who I'm talking to. Some slightly blank staring is incited. Followed by some more blank staring.


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Ixnay on Sept 21, 2007, 9:13am

"Yeah. Missed you too."

Roguish smile. Girls love the roguish smile.

"It's really not that complicated, I can help you out with it if you like…"


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Kelly Alecia "Star Girl" Lisa on Sept 21, 2007, 9:17am

"N-no, I'm fine with it; I've got the form and stuff filled out, I just need to do the other stuff now."

I tug lightly on Wildfire's sleeve.

"Can I do the other stuff now?"


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Last Hero on Sept 21, 2007, 9:18am

Wildfire stares at Ixnay for a moment, exchanging glances between him and Hill - pretty easy to guess what she's thinking.

"Here." She hands him a form. "Sign it and get out of my sight."


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Last Hero on Sept 21, 2007, 9:19am

Sept 21, 2007, 9:17am, Kelly Alecia "Star Girl" Lisa wrote:"N-no, I'm fine with it; I've got the form and stuff filled out, I just need to do the other stuff now."

I tug lightly on Wildfire's sleeve.

"Can I do the other stuff now?"

"Right…actually, I've already observed your powers pretty thoroughly, so a demo's not in order." She rubs her chin for a moment. "C Class."


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Ixnay on Sept 21, 2007, 9:19am

"Oh, no, I've already signed up. Apparently you missed that part. I'm here as a countermeasure. Special consultant."

I produce my credentials.

"I thought you could use the company, Wild. We've had such good times together in the past."


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Last Hero on Sept 21, 2007, 9:22am

"Thoughtful of you." She's looks over the credentials for a moment, then hands them back. "Just stay out of my way."


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Kelly Alecia "Star Girl" Lisa on Sept 21, 2007, 9:22am

"Thanks, I say quietly to Wildfire, then slip behind her as inconspicuously as possible.


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Ixnay on Sept 21, 2007, 9:24am

"Oh, I wouldn't dream of being in your way, Wild, but I really think there might be a danger of that Shaman guy coming back, and he is dangerous, and I have the best ability to stop him. So I think I'll just stay here. So, how've you been, et cetera, et cetera? My knee's fine these days, thought you'd like to know, but it does ache a little when it rains."

I turn to Kelly.

"So, after this is over, want to go grab some coffee? It'd be nice to catch up."

And nicer to get in your pants.


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Kelly Alecia "Star Girl" Lisa on Sept 21, 2007, 9:25am

A pleading look is cast in Wild's direction.

"Um… I guess…. You should probably go do registration-y stuff right now, though."


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Ixnay on Sept 21, 2007, 9:27am

I smile roguishly.

"Ah, see, that's the beauty of being a consultant. I observe registration, what's happening, how people are feeling…standing here talking to you IS my job. So, any questions, input, anything?"


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Kelly Alecia "Star Girl" Lisa on Sept 21, 2007, 9:31am

No questions, but I do want a hole to open up beneath me and swallow me whole.

"Not really…. I'm, um… going to go now, and let you guys get on with registration-y stuff. I think I saw Doreen around here, she'll probably be over soon. Bye."

I walk away quickly.

Ack! I had the easiest way out- I don't even drink coffee! Just froze up….


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Last Hero on Sept 21, 2007, 9:31am

Enough of this.

Wildfire walks toward Jay, makes sure they're close enough for whispers to get through. "Try anything - anything - and I'll kill you. Not overtly, but there'll come a day when we're in a fight against an enemy, and an accident will happen. Stay away from Kelly. Stay away from me. Do what you're told to do and nothing else."


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Ixnay on Sept 21, 2007, 9:38am

I wave after Kelly. "See you later then! Coffee, remember!"

Then I just give Wildfire the biggest smile I possibly could.

"Talking to people IS what I'm told to do. I make great first impressions. It's the second and third ones that need work."


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Last Hero on Sept 21, 2007, 9:41am

"You're a good manipulator, I'll give you that - you seem to have a talent for getting people to believe you're more than a washed-up shit. Talk all you want. But not to Kelly."


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Ixnay on Sept 21, 2007, 9:44am

"Oh come on now. Are you jealous that I have more of a chance with her even after sleeping with her lesbian best friend than you do? Because I mean, I've heard you swing that way now and all, and I have to say…I'm very interested in hearing more. VERY interested."

I wink.


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Last Hero on Sept 21, 2007, 9:53am

Though Wildfire has a lot more to say, obviously, she holds herself back - Jay is just a waste of time. "I've warned you, Jay. The next time I have to come after you violently, it will be the last time."

She walks back to the group.


Re: Sign up; move on [Time to register!]
Post by Kelly Alecia "Star Girl" Lisa on Sept 22, 2007, 10:26am

A few moments later, I sneak back going around everyone, especially Jay, and go back over to Wildfire; I've got some more questions.

"Hi. I was wondering if I could ask something."


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 License.