New Mutants 102 Complete Part 1

New Mutants » Missions » New Mutants 102, Part 1 - And You Had a Bad Day…
http://www.nmsim.proboards88.com/index.cgi?board=missions&action=display&thread=1158760315


New Mutants 102, Part 1 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 9:51am

Friday morning, 9 AM: (And I hate writing in second person, but this seemed like the best way to do this)

You wake up, and you immediately realize you are not where you fell asleep. The room is completely dark. There is a tremendous sense of danger around you.

«each of you is in a different situation, so as you check in, I will describe exactly what is going on with you…for your first post just post "I'm here, or something or that nature, so I can describe your situation and then you can get started»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 10:22am

Stryker's situation: Stryker sits up in his bed slowly, and feels a throbbing at the base of his skull. It feels like someone clubbed him like a baby seal. As he sits up, the lights go to full intensity. What sounds like murmured voices start ringing in his head. Quickly, he realizes that these voices are telepathic in nature…and they are getting louder by the minute.

Reflex's situation: Poor Reflex finds himself without pants. No wait, that was another mission. Forget all that. Reflex awakens to find himself in a very strange looking room. There is no furniture at all. The walls, floor, and ceiling are all coated with a bizarre blue film. He goes to punch the floor to get some speed, and the floor seems to absorb his blow completely, giving him no power store at all. Hmm…that is not good.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 20, 2006, 10:33am

Clubbed like a baby seal…sigh.

Alright, the first thing to do is to try to let my eyes get acclimated to the light. Looking down at the floor, which hopefully isn't a disco-style lighted floor, I'll try to let my eyes adjust.

Simultaneously, I'll try to shut out as many of the voices as I can, although head trauma probably makes this more difficult. I'm sure there's something useful to be gleaned there, but the cacophony makes it impossible to figure anything out.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 10:39am

Madrock's situation: Madrock opens her eyes to see images projected all over the walls from the Mutant Massacre, blood splattered walls of the Morlock tunnels. Madrock quickly tries to call forth one of her rock forms, but feels a shock rip through her body, breaking her concentration.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 10:41am

Stryker manages to block out some of the voices, but they do seem to be getting louder and more insistant.

As his eyes adjust to the lighting, he notices a one way mirror showing the next room, which shows Madrock and the trauma she's going through.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 20, 2006, 10:44am

Alright, well, that's not good. What's in this room? I've suddenly become more buff, so my first instinct is to try to find something I can make an effort at breaking the mirror with.

As for the voices, I'm going to try to see if I can at least single one out to listen to…like maybe the loudest. Probably won't help much, but, hey. Gotta try.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 10:50am

Stryker: Other than the bed, there is a small wooden chair, but it seems pretty flimsy.

Stryker does manage to focus on one of the voices. And it sounds quite a bit like his father, "NO SON OF MINE! FAILURE! GENE JOKE!"


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 20, 2006, 10:56am

Cover Description: A kaleidoscope image of the New Mutants, swirling, distorted, and all screaming in terror.

Something…isn’t right. I don’t want to open my eyes. Like there’s something so wrong, like I’ll see something so horrible if I do, like my body is trying to keep my mind from something. I don’t…I don’t think this is where I went to sleep last night. I don’t think so, and I can almost hear this tiny voice in my head, a signal, warning me not to look, to never look.

I do anyway. And when I do, I scream.

Marrow, Analee, my friends, my brothers, everyone from the tunnels that I knew and grew up with and loved…all dead around me.

New Mutants #2: So You Had a Bad Day…

I fall off the bed, scrambling, trying to make sense of everything. They’re all dead, so much blood, it’s covering the walls, it’s streaming down, it’s everywhere, they’re all dead, they’re all dead, they’re all dead and I can’t close my eyes, there’s no door to get out of, there’s no way to get away from them and I can’t shut my eyes, I just-

“GOLEM!” I call out to him more out of reflex, just looking for some way to escape, to get away from the images, but all I get is this pain all over my body, this hard shock that knocks me on my back. He doesn’t come.

“BIG SISTER!” Another shock, just as bad as the first, and she doesn’t come either. Where’s Dillan? Where’s Stryker? Where’s anybody? Where am I?

“Somebody, please!” I curl up, trying to call out to my friends and only getting shock after shock in return. “Somebody, HELP ME!”


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 20, 2006, 10:58am

Alright, that's what we're going to call a problem.

Bed frame will have to be the trick. I'm going to toss the mattress off and line up the bed, then try to ram it through the mirror. I'm not sure I'm strong enough to pick it up, solo, but I'm pretty sure I can put a decent momentum behind it.

My other move is to try to block those voices out even more. This has got to be a nightmare, but I'd think I'd know if it was. Is it a test? Is Professor X really THAT much of a jerk?


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:03am

Stryker does manage to block out all the voices but that one of his father. Another voice starts up…is that…mom? She's screaming for help.

The mirror is set off the ground a bit (sorry, forgot to mention that). It's basically 4 foot tall, by 6 foot wide, set halfway up the wall. The room is about 10 feet high.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 20, 2006, 11:21am

Ah, well, in that case, the bed won't work. I'll make one effort at a shoulder ram, running across the room to get momentum behind me, but I'm sure a sore shoulder is all I get.

I want to help the little girl, but if that doesn't work, I can't. Just like I couldn't help mom.

Mom?

Is there a door? If there is, I try to open it, inwardly knowing that won't work. If there isn't, I try tapping on the walls to find a hollow wall. It works in the movies!

Actually, I'll pick up the chair before I open any theoretical doors. It's a better weapon than nothing.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:38am

Stryker: Stryker charges the mirror. He's surprised to find that he smashed right through the glass. He's further surprised that it wasn't actually a window or mirror, but a monitor of some sort. Bad enough the glass sliced Stryker up a little bit, but he also got a pretty bad shock that tossed him to the floor pretty uncermoniously. The pain is enough to cause him to drop his shields momentarily, which is enough for the flood of telepathic voices to crowd back in.

BTW, there is a door…not like that's helping you too much at the moment as you writhe on the floor in agony.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:41am

Wreck's situation: Do not take this personally, but something about Wreck's character brings out the worst in me. It is mostly because I know I can't do him any permanent damage, so I feel free to torment the poor guy. Sorry.

Wreck finds himself at the base of a dirt pit, about fifteen feet round, twenty feet deep. He's still pretty beat up from yesterday, but he can move around pretty well. Steep sloping walls. A large engine can be heard roaring from somewhere overhead, but Wreck can't see what's up there.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 20, 2006, 11:41am

"Wth?"

"How did I get there"

I think to myself…"I'd better get ready" and start punching the floor.

"Wha? Nothing's happening!"

I look around for any opening.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:45am

Reflex: There is what seems to be a doorway. Upon closer examination, there is a small ten digit keypad on said doorway.

Nomad: As Nomad stands up, he notices there are small metal objects all over the floor, The walls seem solid, but the entire ceiling seems to be made of glass. Nomad waits for an attack, but nothing happens.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 20, 2006, 11:48am

I look around the room for anything else. Maybe a hidden code…or at the very least something to jam into the keypad.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:49am

Reflex: The room seems pretty bare actually. No way to hit yourself against anything else.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Wreck on Sept 20, 2006, 11:59am

'Well, this certainly isn't where I went to sleep."

Wreck looks up at his confines, peering into the darkness through his shades.

"Put the lotion in the basket?"

As nothing replies to his commentary, he pauses. Then he gets a running start and attempts to scrabble straight up the wall.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 20, 2006, 12:01pm

"Ow…ow…ow…ow…"

Two days with the New Mutants, two days of getting my ass kicked. I struggled back towards the bed, trying my hardest to stay conscious. The medley of psychic voices is actually sort of good right now…it keeps me awake and keeps me from focusing in on things I don't want to focus on. I'm also pulling out any large pieces of glass that I can safely pull out of my shoulder.

Reaching the bed, I rip a piece of sheet and try to stop my arm from bleeding. Suddenly, something occurs to me. My head…I put my hand to the back of my head. Did I just get bruised, or is that bleeding too?

And more importantly, how can I help Madrock and my mother when I can't even help myself? Stay focused. Stay awake. Minimize the damage, then go for the door when I feel able to.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 12:02pm

Wreck is actually making surprisingly good progress…about halfway up, he is suddenly divebombed by something metallic and black. It actually appears to be a mechanical bat of some sort. The creature is buzzing at him rather quickly.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 12:05pm

Stryker: When he runs his hand on the back of his head, instead of finding a bruise or blood, he feels a cold metallic device attached the the back of his neck


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Alan "Nomad" Arroyo on Sept 20, 2006, 12:06pm

Alan begins surveying the scene and notices several metallic objects strewn across the floor.

"This…is definitely odd.", he says to himself.

He looks over the rest of the room and realizes there aren't any doors or windows he could open and move out of. Navigating around the small objects on the ground, testing each of the walls to see if there was any trick to them. Nothing special. Until he decides to stop letting his apparent interest in shiny objects to distract him and realizes that the ceiling is made of glass.

Alan picks up one of the metal objects and looks at it. Then at the ceiling. Then back at the object in his hand. Hmm. He paces around for a moment or two then stops at one corner of the room. After a bit of deliberation, Alan takes a mock pitching stance and throws the object, as hard as he could, in hand to the far side of the room into the ceiling.

"Oh shit.", muttering to himself.

Only realizing at the last second that the ceiling was, in fact, made of glass, Alan ducks in the corner he's standing in and instinctively creates a telekinetic bubble around himself.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Wreck on Sept 20, 2006, 12:07pm

"Oh for the love of hell."

Gripping the wall as best he can with his right hand, Wreck attempts to grab the bat out of mid-flight with his left.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 12:07pm

Nomad: The object hits the ceiling and makes a slight crack, but it was not moving fast enough to shatter the glass…


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 12:08pm

As Wreck grabs for the bat, it fires an arc of energy towards his hand still holding on…


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 20, 2006, 12:08pm

After staring at the keypad I figure "What the hell"

And input 6-2-9 if there is any indication that those are enough digits..I stop..if not I keep randomly pressing numbers.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Wreck on Sept 20, 2006, 12:11pm

"……shit."

He whips his right hand back, trying to grab onto the wall with his left.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 12:11pm

At six digits, Reflex hears a low buzzer. Apparnantyly the code is 6 digits long. Hmmm…10 numbers, 6 digit code….that is only a million combinations…


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 20, 2006, 12:11pm

"Well now. This is familiar."

I remember the stories of how my father controlled Professor Xavier for a time. I know that he knows how to control telepaths…telepaths stronger than me.

"I should have known that you would find me, eventually. I'm just surprised it took this long. And I was naive enough to think you were dead…dead like mom."

With a supreme effort of will, I grab the metal and pull as hard as I can, hoping for the pain to be temporary at best.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 12:14pm

Wreck manages to maintain his grip, though his right hand is hurting. He hears more buzzing overhead, and looks up to see three more of these things coming at him.

Stryker feels the device move slightly, but as he touches it, more telepathic chatter enters his head…it is making this extremely painful. There is no way he can pull it loose this way.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 20, 2006, 12:16pm

"Damn a 6 digit code…that's like a million possible codes"

"If I had my speed I could probably fire through a couple thousand at least"

Curt then stares at the door and slides his hand around…feeling for any type of opening he may be able to pry.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 20, 2006, 12:17pm

<is the door covered with the same material as the floor?>

If not..then Curt tries to build up some speed by repeatedly punching the door.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Wreck on Sept 20, 2006, 12:17pm

"Yeah, this is just lovely."

Wreck stares up at the rapidly growing swarm of bats. Then he grits his teeth.

"Well, what the hell. Let's see what you've got!"

And he starts climbing again as fast as he can, resolving to suck up whatever the bats can throw at him.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 12:18pm

Reflex: Yep. The door is covered the same way. No real opening to get much of a grip. The room is oddly seamless.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 20, 2006, 12:18pm

«Situation?»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Alan "Nomad" Arroyo on Sept 20, 2006, 12:19pm

Alan slowly opens an eye to assess the damage and only notices a slight crack where he threw the object at. He moves closer to inspect the crack, levitating slightly right underneath it and taps it with his finger. Alan drops down, scratching his head and with an embarrassed look on his face.

"Well, I guess that's one advantage of being alone in here. Heh heh…"

Let's give this another shot. Alan takes his position again and repeats the process, this time using his TK to help increase the speed of the metal object.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 12:19pm

Wreck: The attacks cutting into his momentum and steepness of the climb brings Wreck to pretty much a dead stop, several of the bats fire nasty stinging shots into his arms and back. The four bats are about two feet behind Wreck, hovering and picking their shots.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 20, 2006, 12:19pm

Desperate times call for desperate measures…

A piece of the broken monitor will serve as a mirror. Another piece is going to be the scalpel. It's time for do it yourself surgery. Another piece of bedsheet is placed in my mouth, to bite down on for the pain so as not to scream like a little girl.

<Oh 3 stamina, how quickly I reach your pain threshold.>


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 12:21pm

Nomad just said the secret word..everyone scream. As soon as his telekinetic energy touches one of the objects, they all leap from the floor and spiral towards him moving rapidly.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 20, 2006, 12:22pm

<wow…you got BALLS Gerald>


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Wreck on Sept 20, 2006, 12:22pm

"Ugh, ya bastardly bastardly bastards…."

Cursing like a drunken sailor, Wreck plants his feet on the wall and leaps off, throwing his arms out and trying to catch one of the bats on his way down.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 20, 2006, 12:23pm

Curt tries another set of numbers


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 20, 2006, 12:25pm

«You missed my post, right?»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 12:27pm

Wreck manages to get two of them on the way down, and they smash easily in his grip. As he hits the ground, the roaring overhead gets louder and several feet of dirt is dumped on top of his as he hits the ground.

It is painful, but Stryker manages to get the device free. The voices are gone, except for one that says over and over again 024601. But Stryker is pretty much wiped out…

Reflex: Attempt failed. You need a better way of doing this.

Current: Current finds himself staring down a long hallway, about five football fields long. His cane sits at his feet.

«Gotta step away for a little while»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 12:29pm

«sorry Current, I was just checking my notes and wanted to make sure I knew your scenario before I posted it»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Wreck on Sept 20, 2006, 12:30pm

"Hmmmmmph."

Brushing dirt off of his head, Wreck begins looking around the chamber, attempting to see if there's anything of use.

"Hello? Secret passage? Portable jackhammer? Morphine drip?"


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 20, 2006, 12:38pm

Almond felt odd. Bizarrely weird. Strange…
He had the distinct feeling he should be in pain. His head, his neck, his back… anything to suggest he'd been knocked out, or something. But there was nothing but a vague feeling of disorientation. And… he felt hungry.
Slowly, he got to his feet. In both directions, the hallway stretched out into apparent infinity. No end was in sight. The grey walls had no plates or markings - it was all one, long piece of material. There was a weakness within him… he swayed and relied on his cane, thinking about what to do. He wasn't feeling panic, but there was slight nibbling feeling at his heart that told him he was afraid. Not to mention confused…
He told himself that, no, everything was NOT all right, but he could fix it by acting. His actions in the last battle were abominable: he didn't really move a muscle and let the others save them. It was shameful. He couldn't wait for the others to rescue him here. He wouldn't.

Looking around again to be sure, he started walking into a random direction. He did it faster than he knew he should have.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 20, 2006, 12:39pm

Yeah, that's what I was doing anyway, sleeping.

I stumble back over to the bed and lie down for a bit, hoping to stay somewhat conscious and aware. I also wrap one of the pieces of glass with another piece of the sheet, thinking it would be an okay improvised knife or something. Oh, who am I kidding. Whoever did this can just come back in and give me another implant, and I'd have jack-all to say about it. I haven't really accomplished anything but knowledge…hopefully knowledge I can keep.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 20, 2006, 12:42pm

"Hmm this is pointless just trying numbers. There has to be some kind of hint….."

"The keypad being on my side MUST mean I'm supposed to figured this out."


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 20, 2006, 12:52pm

I mentally yell "HELP" hoping the Professor, Jean, Betsy or maybe even Gerald "hear" me.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Alan "Nomad" Arroyo on Sept 20, 2006, 12:53pm

Alan's eyes widen as the rest of the metallic objects begin to move on their own and towards him.

"What the f-", before he can even finish, Alan does his best Matrix reenactment and attempts to dodge the objects.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 20, 2006, 1:10pm

The walls had all collapsed into a single grey blur, which he didn't even try to make sense of. It didn't matter. Everything was so hard to judge… How long had he been walking? Half an hour? He felt disgustingly tired, yet there had been absolutely no change in his surroundings. He could have been walking in place and not have noticed it. It was monotonous and angering.
He let out a slight growl and stopped.

He felt a sweet rush of vigour and energy within himself as the air around him started buzzing. There was a sizzle neat his hands and a blue stream of light flowed into his metal cane. He raised it in his hand and pointed it at the wall like a sword.
And then he let the energy go.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 20, 2006, 1:18pm

<gonna try to finish all this work I have and eat lunch…I'll be back in about an hour or so>


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 20, 2006, 1:21pm

«I'm here»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 1:25pm

Wreck: Actually, there is a rusted old shovel half buried in the newly fallen dirt.

Current: The wall sucked the energy up pretty greedily. As Current continues his walk, he can feel the temperature in the room getting higher and higher. It also feels like the floor is starting to slant upwards…is that even possible?

Nomad takes some cuts and bruises, but nothing life threatening. The objects hover around him as if getting ready for a second strafing run

Reflex doesn't get much of a response.

Stryker wakes up about an hour later, no one seems to have bothered him as he rested.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Wreck on Sept 20, 2006, 1:32pm

Wreck glances at the shovel. Then he shrugs and grabs it.

"So, will I hit the Indian Ocean or will I hit China? Will my childhood memories deceive me?"

Talking to himself mainly about nothing, he pushes the shovel into the dirt below him, seeing if he can dig.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 20, 2006, 1:32pm

First thing's first, double checking the back of my neck for a reprise. If there's nothing there, me and the improvised knife are making for the door. Which is probably locked, but I have to try.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 20, 2006, 1:34pm

<Damn I was gonna do some work..but now blackmore's back. Hmm work…RG…work…RP>

"Hmm no response"

I beat onthe door and say

"Does anyone hear me?!?!?!"


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 20, 2006, 1:34pm

He didn't feel fear anymore. For a slight period, he felt a wonderful feeling of serenity, but now he was ANGRY. He hated this. And he always managed to be so stoic and calm… He didn't react to stress well, he surmised.
He used his sleeve to wipe away sweat from his forehead and added more pace.
Just to be on the safe side, he hit the wall with his cane, normal-style.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 1:36pm

Stryker: Locked, but it had a number touchpad.

Wreck: within a few floor, he hits a hard steel floor. The two remaining bats take another pass at him staying further away, and seeming to watch him.

Incubus wakes up to find himself in a prison cell. Across the way, in the cell across from him is a terrified boy, about six years old.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 1:38pm

«I am only here in passing, heat. Pretty busy at work and have a meeting in a little bit»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 20, 2006, 1:40pm

024601.

It has to be the reason I hear that number. It has to be able to get me out.

Or else it's all a trap. They know I'm a telepath. Whoever it is. I'm not sure it's my father anymore, but I can't help but think it might be.

Oh well. It beats the alternative.

I'm going to input 024601 on the keypad.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 1:42pm

Current: When the cane hits the wall, there is a very hallow sound from the wall.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 1:44pm

The door opens immediately. Stryker's story is to be continued.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Wreck on Sept 20, 2006, 1:44pm

"Oh, you think this is funny, huh?"

Talking to the bats, he raises his shovel like…..er……a bat.

"Come on down here and laugh at me. I dare ya."


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 20, 2006, 1:45pm

Every step felt like a burden, already. He was tired, he was hot, and he was annoyed.

What was this supposed to be? Some kind of trap by villains, meant to wear him out? But why? If they'd wanted him down, they could have done it when he was unconcious. Easily enough… But they didn't. On the other hand, there were many villains that got strange kicks by playing with their enemies. It could have been some kind of game for them, or a trap for the X-Men.
Maybe it was all in his mind? An illusion by some kind of telepath, or a brainwashing machine? There were so many possibilities…
Some kind of bizarre initiation for the New Mutants perhaps? A test? Did he really know they weren't some kind of sick cultists or communists? Maybe this was the Wreck Room all along…
He scowled.

"Wake up," he whispered to himself sullenly…


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 20, 2006, 1:47pm

I yell out all the names of the team

"Gerald, Roxxy, Lex, Almond (etc.) do you guys hear me?!?!?!"


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 1:47pm

The bats fire off several shots into Wreck's face.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 20, 2006, 1:48pm

As I gain consciousness I look around and notice i'm in a cell and across the hall I notice that there is a asmall kid in another cell cowering in a corner crying. Presumably between the ages of 4 - 7.I walk around the cell accessing the situation.Incubus approaches the bars to talk to the child.

"Hey Kid…….Hey Kid….. little guy…….


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 1:48pm

Reflex: No answer. You are on your own here.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 1:50pm

Incubus: The little kid (say 6 years old) looks at Incubus nervously, "You are one of those Nude Mutents…aren't you? The strange man said you would be here…he said you were going to kill me."


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Wreck on Sept 20, 2006, 1:55pm

Wreck flops to the ground, laying on his back.

"Yeah, that's what I thought. Cowards, all of ya!"

Mumbling in pain, he stands up again. Making his way to the far wall, he starts tapping his shovel against various spots on the wall, trying to find a weak spot to chip free.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 1:56pm

As Wreck walks to the wall, he stumbles over the wrecked bodies of the two broken bats


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 20, 2006, 1:57pm

<Apparently, I hit the "Now Loading" screen. I hear we can look at the whole collection in the mansion later.>


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 20, 2006, 1:57pm

Nude Mutents? Oh you mean New Mutants, yeah I'm a mutant but I'm not here to kill you. I'm here to rescue you.{In a reassuring voice}:I shouldn't lie to this kid but i have to comfort him somehow.I don't even know how i got here: Tell me about you how did you get here, who brought you, where are you from?


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 20, 2006, 1:57pm

I feel my way around the room. Checking the walls for switches, levers etc. I also glance up at the ceiling to see if there's anything up there to note.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Wreck on Sept 20, 2006, 2:00pm

"I see, said the blind man."

Jason reaches down and fetches one of the smashed bats, examining it closely.

"With my luck, this is the part where it comes to life and shoots me in the face."


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 20, 2006, 2:00pm

Almond was staring at one of the walls intently. Hitting it had shown by far the best results of anything he'd done while being here. He gripped his cane tightly and tried it again, as hard as he could.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 2:01pm

Incubus: The kid seems really hesistant to talk about himself. Probably his parents told him not to give information to strangers. "The man who brought me here looked like some kind of vampire. His eyes were all red…and he was really, really white."


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 20, 2006, 2:03pm

«For the record, I suspected Sinister the SECOND I heard "strange man".»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 2:07pm

When Wreck picks up the bat, he notices a strange object in the rubble. It looks like a really tiny remote control of some sort.

Current's cane causes a strange change. The wall in front of him makes an odd clicking sound, and about ten feet down, a portal opens in the wall. A large robot comes out of the wall and looks at Current. He does not look friendly.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Wreck on Sept 20, 2006, 2:13pm

He grabs the remote and stares at it.

Then he looks up.

"Okay, we've got robot bats and probably a big spiked ceiling somewhere above me waiting to come down upon my noggin. I have a remote control, which is most likely a trap to send all of the above to come get me."

Wreck looks at said remote. Then starts jamming random buttons on it.

"Like most traps, I choose to run straight through it."


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 2:20pm

Wreck: there is only one button on the remote. Once Wreck presses it the remote glows red, but that is all that happens. He presses it a few more times, but there is no change.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 20, 2006, 2:20pm

Hesitation is death…

Almond jumped slightly, but loaded up power immediately. The robot was moving towards him, so he decided to stop it. He gathered a small thunderball in his left hand and started shooting some lightning from his lightning through the cane.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 2:21pm

Reflex sees nothing of any interest. He smacks his head in annoyance, and feels a small jolt of energy…


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Wreck on Sept 20, 2006, 2:26pm

Wreck plops down upon the ground, still jamming at the remote for no real reason at all.

Then he glances up at the remaining bats, still flittering above.

"Hm."

With a blink, he stands up again. Then, once again he charges up the wall, waiting for one of the bats to get near.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Alexander "Cadmus" Baptiste on Sept 20, 2006, 2:29pm

I'm here.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 2:40pm

Current: The robot doesn't seem bothered by the electricity. He continues to look at Current, as if assessing the situation. Finally he raises a hand and holds it palm out towards Current. A red glowing energy begins to come from the palm.

Wreck: The other two bats split up and come at him from opposite directions firing at him.

Geforce (gets maroon now because Stryker is done): Geforce finds himself standing in the middle of an arena, encircled by a large unbreakable glass wall. Robotic fans are seated in the gallery all booing him.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Wreck on Sept 20, 2006, 2:44pm

Wreck again leaps off of the wall, grabbing at the nearer of the bats, but making an effort to catch it alive.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 20, 2006, 2:52pm

Incubus says "SINISTER!!!!!!!!!" says to himself in a low voice " what does sinister want?I hope he does has the rest of the team.We're not equip to handle Mr.Sinister and the Sinister Six.I have to think of a plan to get the hell out of here.

Begins to pace around the cell.
Sinister is a eragant bastard so he likes to play mind games he doesn't expect anyone to think and figure anything out.Shit what if he running experiments on them now.

Are you a muntant?What are your powers?

He thought he would try and contact the Professer X he concentreted as hard as he can.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Alexander "Cadmus" Baptiste on Sept 20, 2006, 2:56pm

Geforce rubs his eyes as hard as possible followed by pinching himself a few times. Not reopening his eyes he counts 1… 2… 3… 4… 5… 6… 7… 8… 9… 10.

Opening his eyes he finds that the arena hasn't disappeared and the robots in the stands haven't stopped being jerks.

"Well this just sucks ten types of ass doesn't it?"

He questioned for a moment whether or not it was a waste of time to bother with the Spider-Manesque remarks to hide insecurity for the sake of robots.

"HELLO? ANY OTHER FLESH AND BLOOD PEOPLE OUT HERE?" He knew better than this, but if his jailer was going to show up on a landing to give the thumb down and release the lions, he figured it was only polite to offer him his que.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 20, 2006, 3:12pm

Almond crudely rolled out of the way of the red beam, sliding heavily on the floor. He scrambled to get up, and launched the thunderball at his opponent, moving to get behind it at the same time.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 3:44pm

Wreck manages to snatch another bat, but again it crushes pretty easily in his hand giving him another one of those remotes.

The kid looks at Incubus, "My mom says I am a real pain in the ass, does that count."

Geforce gets no answer, but starts to hear a strange hissing sound as gas is pumped into the room

Current's thunderball doesn't really seem to do much either. The robot seems to be much faster than Current, so while Current tries to move behind him, it turns quickly, kicking at his cane with a large metal leg


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 20, 2006, 3:49pm

[Madrock's here, still huddled in the fetal position. ]


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 20, 2006, 3:56pm

«Dialation's here, god damn AP class demands. After school class my ass»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Wreck on Sept 20, 2006, 3:57pm

Wreck hops back to the ground, then looks at his pair of remotes. Glancing up, he holds down the buttons on both of them with his thumbs, shaking both glowing remotes at the remaining bat in some sort of bizarre gesture.

"Oooga booga boo. I command you to die."


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 4:00pm

Wreck: When Wreck pushes the second button, both remotes are now glowing. He feels a slight rumbling beneath his feet. The last bat makes a move towards the other broken bat that Wreck wrecked with his first attack.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 4:03pm

Dilation wakes up to find himself strapped down tight to an examination table. Large, groutesque equipment hangs very close to his face. Spots of crimson are all over the equipment.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 20, 2006, 4:03pm

"Reflex uses the little charge of energy he has to run a few hundred combinations through the keypad"


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 4:05pm

After several hundred tries, Reflex hears a beep, and the door swings open.

«I was hoping to lead you to try something like that when I was saying there was NOTHING ELSE in the room to hit yourself with»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Wreck on Sept 20, 2006, 4:05pm

"Oh no you don't."

Wreck quickly snatches up his shovel and gets between the final bat and the wrecked one, swinging his weapon.

"Death to the Phillistine!"


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 4:06pm

Wreck manages to take down the flying bat.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Wreck on Sept 20, 2006, 4:08pm

"That was theraputic."

He tosses the shovel over his shoulder, scooping up the wreckage of the remaining bats and searching for remotes.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 4:10pm

Wreck scoops up the last two remotes.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 20, 2006, 4:12pm

No, no, no, no, no, no, NO! This isn't happening! shouted Dillan within his mind, hoping that maybe the Professor would here his cries for help but after what seemed like an eternity he realized he was completely alone.

The equipment that hung over him was stained with blood but he wasn't entirely sure if it was his. Straps kept him bound to an examination table and he couldn't seem to wiggle his way out of them.

Dillan knew his powers would be of no use freeing him, he simply had to try and use what little strength he had to free himself.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Wreck on Sept 20, 2006, 4:12pm

And finally he holds down the buttons on those as well.

"I feel like I'm living in a Resident Evil game. Only through solving abstract puzzles may you survive!"


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 20, 2006, 4:18pm

It's been ten minutes. Ten, long minutes. I keep my eyes closed, only opening them every minute or so, praying that this is just a nightmare and I'll wake up in my bed.

I don't. This is real. Too real.

I've got to breathe…I 've got to breathe and I've got to find out a way to get out of here. I've got to do something, anything, but I don't want to open my eyes again, I don't want to-

"Does it hurt?"

I hear this voice; deep, low, a woman…I can't place it, but it's like my own. Just different. "Who? Who are you?"

"You mean you've forgotten me already? The voice laughs, her giggles echoing through my head. She's in my brain, my mind, I can't get her out. "I'm hurt. Really. It hasn't been that long."

"I don't know you!" I get on my knees and grasp my head, pulling at my hair like I could rip the voice out. "Go away!"

"Go away, go away; help me, help me!" She laughs again, longer than the first time. "God, you're pathetic, even for a little girl. All that power, but all you can do is play with little dolls. And you want to be a superhero, want to be an X-Man? Please. You're not even Power Pack material."

"Get out of my head!" Breath is fast now, too fast, I feel like my hearts going to beat out of my chest, so much sweat, and it's like my eyelids want to open, want to see what's going and make my head explode.

I scream. Just one, long, droning scream until all my breathe is gone.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 4:19pm

Once Wreck hits the buttons, the floor underneath him opens up, spilling him and several tons of dirt with it. To Be Continued for Wreck

Wreck
Reflex
Stryker

have moved on.

«Behind the scenes. I honestly was not expecting you to go for the bats so soon…plus, you managed to keep surviving the rolls I was hoping would toss you on your ass. I didn't even get to keep dumping dirt on you like I planned.»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 4:19pm

«Okey, why is everyone thrown into the movie Saw?(PS: I am here people)»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 20, 2006, 4:22pm

Incubus serches the room for any thing he can use to get out of his cell.
he asks the kid what is your name? search your cell i'm going to get us out of here, just work with me i need your help.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 20, 2006, 4:23pm

<It's not Saw. It's Marvel Team-Up from the 70's, if I'm guessing right. Oh, also, I tried to help you, Madrock. I really really tried.>


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 20, 2006, 4:25pm

«Can I get a break free of my bonds roll? Do I need a roll for that?»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 20, 2006, 4:27pm

Almond's cane bounced away along the corridor as he himself nearly lost his balance and smashed against the wall. He took a moment off to consider his options. The robot was advancing rapidly, and apparently loading up another red energy blast. He was caneless, and his electricity had no effect whatsoever. Curious… as if the robot was tailored to fight him.
Beyond turning around and running away, he could either try and punch the robot… or attempt using an EMP pulse. The problem would be finding the time to concentrate while being five seconds away from death.

He bowed in time for the beam to hit the wall in front of him. He proceeded to turn around and lunge for his cane on the floor. He slid along the clean floor for several feet before rolling over and throwing the cane at the robot like a javelin. He got up and retreated more, all the while drawing up the energies within him. Remembering how to add the slight touch of magnetic power…


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 20, 2006, 4:32pm

«When you said "nothing else to hit (myself) with" I thought you were stressing that I couldn't use my powers. I couldn't figure out how I was supposed to get enough speed to try different combinations»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 20, 2006, 4:33pm

[Time to get proactive!]

Slow breaths. Slow breaths.

Ignore the voice. Ignore whatever it is she's say and stand up. Stand. Up.

I do.

Keep your eyes closed and focus. Just…focus. That shock keeps me from concentrating, keeps me from using my powers, and…God, it hurts so much! I've got to ignore it. Just ignore the pain. I've got to try and get out of air, got to get out of her, got to go, leave, NOW!

I ball my fists, clench my teeth and focus as hard as I can, and the electricity is already flowing into, tingling every nerve, hurting so much, can barely stand, I want to scream, I want to curl up and stop, but I don't want to, I don't want to be here any more, I want to get out of here and I want to see my friends again and I don't want this death and these stupid voices! "WORK!" Just me and my power and trying to draw as much earth towards me as I can, anything to break out. "Please, work…"


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 4:37pm

Madrock is better at torturing herself than I ever could be

Vigour opens his eyes and sees pure darkness surrounding him. He tries to let his eyes adjust, but nothing seems to be coming into focus

The kid looks around, and doesn't see much of any value. Incubus isn't much more successful. He does notice a strange panel on the inside of his cell door.

Dilation does manage to get his right hand out pretty easily.

Current: Nice attempt, but your old bones ain't pulling that one off. Current feels an odd, sharp pain in his leg as he moves. He falls to the floor and the robot reaches to scoop him up.

«I will definitely cop to borrowing from Saw…you'll see a little more of that when we team up and someone looks on the back of Reflex's jacket»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 4:39pm

Almost panicking, Kyle's leg's instinctivly started to kick on their own till he calmed down slightly, after a minute he started searching his pockets for anything elctical, a battery, a phone, something that he could use to help him.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 20, 2006, 4:41pm

It…doesn't work.

I collapse, twitching, my whole body writhing about, and I can hear the stupid voice giggling the whole way. "Really pathetic."


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 20, 2006, 4:44pm

After snapping his right hand free of his bonds Dillan proceeds to go to work on the rest of his bindings until he's free.

He begins searching around the room for any sort of exit.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 4:44pm

Madrock can feel something at the edge of her efforts, but just can't seem to get past the block.

Vigour doesn't seem to have anything nearby, but he can vaguely feel some kind of electricity near the room he's in.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 4:47pm

Dilation sees a solid metal trap door in the floor, but it doesn't seem to want to open.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 4:50pm

Kyle turned to where the feeling came from and slowley and carefully walked around looking for it.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 4:51pm

Vigour comes to a wall, but he can feel the electricity just behind the wall. Electrical wires maybe?


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 4:52pm

Kyle took a slight sigh and tapped the wall to see how solid it was.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 20, 2006, 4:53pm

Dillan bends down and once again fails to open the trap door. He could keep forcing at it, maybe even strike at it with things around him, but he's smarter than that.

In his mind, his plan is perfect. He grasps the trap door, makes a time jump, and then reappears from the time stream before the door does so he can dive down into the whole. He hoped he'd be able to cause some sort of lag in the transport time between he and the door. If he could, there'd be no problem, if he couldn't, there'd also be no problem…if the lag wasn't long enough, he'd fall down through the hole just when the door rematerialized and he'd die.

Dillan sighed.

"How did Kitty Pryde ever use her powers without pissing herself?" he questioned as he reached down and began to focus his power on the trap door.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 20, 2006, 4:53pm

«Actually, I purpusefully avoided things like that, because old age doesn't give autmatic arthritis, the wear that comes with using bones and joints for decades does. But you're the boss… Anyway, how does the robot move? Legs or wheels or what?»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 20, 2006, 4:56pm

She's wrong.

I was close, so close, I could almost feel something. But the pain, it's so intense, it hurts so much, never felt anything like it. My whole body feels ready to cave, like I'm on fire or something, like it just wants to lay down and give up. "That's right, just lie there and crawl up and die. Or maybe your friends or teammates or whatever will come and rescue you, and they can see first-hand what a little runt you are. Sitting there. Crying. A little stain in your pants. Oh yeah, they'll really think you're a useful member of the team."

"Shut…up." It stings every inch of the way, but I manage to put one foot on solid ground, then the next, standing up with my arms dangling and my head sagging. Eyes still closed.

The voice pauses, I can almost hear a gasp. "What's with this tough girl act, all the sudden? We both know it's just a front. You're terrified. You don't know where you are, you don't know where anyone is, you don't know if you'll ever see the light of day again. Just give it a rest; you're crossing the thin line because funny and stupid." A scoff. "You're terrified. That's all you are: Just a scared little girl playing superhero."

"You're right, I am scared." Teeth clenched, fisted balled, just like last time. "But that doesn't mean I have to stop."

Focus.

The pain comes, just like last time, and just like last time, I reach. Just a little harder…


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 5:00pm

«Gotta run for a few hours. You gave Current Strength of 0, agility and stamina of 1…I just can't see him doing those things without getting some kind of sore»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 20, 2006, 5:01pm

«Oh, yeah. True. You didn't answer my question though… Well, I have to go to bed for today anyway.»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 20, 2006, 5:20pm

Incubus walks up to the panel and attempts to open
it up.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 5:25pm

Current: The robot resembles a man, just a bit larger than normal, legs, not wheels.

Dilation's power trick is something I sure as hell didn't think of. I have to give it a thumbs up. Dilation is through his door, and I am pissed that I didn't think of that. Dilation is To Be Continued.

When Incubus touchs the panel, the kid begins to scream like electricity is piercing through his body. He is clutching his stomach in agonizing pain.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 5:26pm

Vigour: Seems to be a pretty solid steel wall.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 5:28pm

Madrock burns out the device that is shocking her. It falls to the ground, a molten mess. She falls to the ground, pretty much exhausted


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 20, 2006, 5:31pm

"Okay…ouch."

I fall on my back and I can hear this weird sizzling sound, don't know what it is. But I do know that shocks have stopped; whatever was hurting me isn't hurting me anymore. And while I don't feel like walking, I don't really need to.

One more time. "Big Sister."

[I don't know where the dirt would come from, so… <_<]


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 5:34pm

Madrock can feel some earth below the room she's in, but she's too exhausted to really tap into it at the moment.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 20, 2006, 5:38pm

[You're just not going to let her go, are you? ;_;]

Doesn't come. Just…too tired. But I'm free, kind of. Not being shocked. Not opening my eyes. Surviving.

I'll get by, I just hope the others are alright…if the others are even here.

Don't think on it too much. Just…take a nap.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 5:42pm

«I'm almost done with her…I had a slightly cool idea I wanted to play with»

After about twenty minutes of rest, Madrock opens her eyes, and sees Big Sister standing at the door, now open waiting for her, "Coming?"

Madrock is now "To Be Continued"


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 5:44pm

«As of now, Madrock, Stryker, Reflex, Dilation, and Wreck are complete. Everyone else has started except for Maxwell's Demon and Heatwave»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 20, 2006, 5:45pm

[Oh? I didn't ruin the idea or anything, did I?]

"Sister!" I get up and run to the door, hugging her tight.

"Hey, you might want to watch it with the hugs." She gives me a pat on the head, running her fingers through the horns. "I might have earthworms or something."


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 5:53pm

Kyle tried to get the the energy through the wall, consentraiting hard on it.

«Pardon my absence, I got abit occupied»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by James "Maxwell's Demon" Clerk on Sept 20, 2006, 6:37pm

«Argh. School takes forever…»

James awoke with a start. He was in the dark, and felt disoriented and woozy. Perhaps this was a test, or punishment for not having dealt with the previous outing of the New Mutants?

"Professor? If you're out there, this is really uncool. I was sick last time - It's not my fault I couldn't help out… Hello?…"


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Protoman on Sept 20, 2006, 6:44pm

«I'm here <_< I was at the LCS»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 6:49pm

«Hi Lex»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Protoman on Sept 20, 2006, 6:51pm

«Hey….I feel so ashamed, I missed 10 pages.»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 6:52pm

«I missed around 9»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 20, 2006, 6:55pm

[I missed about seven, but I couldn't move anyway, so I'm cool! I rather like this plot so far. Really looking forward to smashing Sinister's face in.]


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 6:58pm

«I'm looking forward to the "Journal" Entries»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 20, 2006, 7:01pm

Sept 20, 2006, 6:55pm, Roxanne "Madrock" Madison wrote:[I missed about seven, but I couldn't move anyway, so I'm cool! I rather like this plot so far. Really looking forward to smashing Sinister's face in.]

«Sinister's behind this ?»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Protoman on Sept 20, 2006, 7:03pm

«NO SPOILER WARNING!!!!!»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 20, 2006, 7:07pm

[<_< I thought I read something about him a few pages back, but I was skimming, so I could've just misread. Time to get a little in-depth…I apologize if wrong. I don't know any more than what's provided, so no spoiler!]


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 7:08pm

«I'll spoiler you!»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Protoman on Sept 20, 2006, 7:08pm

« <_< Civil War #4 was CRAZY!!!!»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 7:08pm

«I'll crazy you!»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Protoman on Sept 20, 2006, 7:17pm

«Anyone know when blackmore will be back so I can start my mission?»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 20, 2006, 7:19pm

[Soon enough, probably. Or not. Don't think he's much of a night-walker.]


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Protoman on Sept 20, 2006, 7:19pm

«Blah, I wanna start!»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 7:20pm

«I'll nigh-…………………..ok»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Protoman on Sept 20, 2006, 7:21pm

«Dinner, be back soon.»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 7:24pm

«I'll soon you!»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Alan "Nomad" Arroyo on Sept 20, 2006, 7:33pm

Sept 20, 2006, 1:25pm, Michael "Chi" Placio wrote:Nomad takes some cuts and bruises, but nothing life threatening. The objects hover around him as if getting ready for a second strafing run

"Ugh. This is not good…", Alan says to himself as he checks on his cuts. What am I supposed to do?

Despite what just happened to him when he tried to use his telekinesis on the objects, Alan decides to wait for the next wave of attacks to redirect them towards the ceiling.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 8:06pm

«sorry for the delay. I have some company at my house, but I will try to sneak back on around 10 EST for updates…And what is this rumor I hear about Sinister being behind all this? »


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 8:07pm

«Don't spoil anything for us!»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 20, 2006, 8:09pm

[I apologize if I caused a stir, but I could have sworn I skimmed over something about Sinister…]


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Protoman on Sept 20, 2006, 9:33pm

«BAH! 10 EST, I go to bed then!!!»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 9:35pm

«Ha I go to bed an hour after…………»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 10:19pm

«I am just fueling the speculation. Someone did mention about Sinister, and I am just having a bit of fun with it. Basically, in Incubus's scenario, he encountered a little boy, who claims to have been kidnapped by someone with red eyes and pale skin…and a few people immediately guessed Sinister.»

Vigour seems to be able to get a small charge from the wires in the wall.

Maxwell's Demon: James opens his eyes to find himself suspended about fifteen feet about the ground in some kind of gelatenous substance.

Heatwave: Heatwave is in a cold storage unit. Large shanks of beef hang all around him (Sorry, Lex, but you ended up with my silliest scenario,,,it happened to be the one I did at the latest hour last night, so you can imagine it is odd to say the least)

Nomad: The objects around Nomad are just hovering in place, as if waiting for a command from someplace.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 10:23pm

Kyle stepped away with the little power he received and tapped the wall again.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 10:25pm

This time, the wall begins to glow slightly. Odd side effect of Kyle's power, or of the room? Kyle looks around and finally gets to see the layout of the room. Ten by Ten, square room. A door on the far side, with a pretty wicked looking lock, not a digital keypad. Someone did their homework here apparantly.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 10:27pm

Kyle gave a dull glare at the lock, he wasn't completely stupid (Unlike me right now) as to jump at the first opportunity he gets, so he decided to scan the room for anything useful.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 10:28pm

«BTW, I will pretty much be around for the next hour or two. Baby's asleep, wife is reading comics, and I am reading the fourth Harry Dresden book in some peace and quiet. Almost got stuck with my sister sleeping over, but she realized she didn't bring clothes, and left a few minutes ago.»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 10:29pm

«I said NOT A DIGITAL KEYPAD»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 10:31pm

«sorry, I'm tired as hell»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 10:31pm

The room seems to be a workshop of some sort. There are various tools sitting around, but they all seem to be broken.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 10:35pm

Kyle sighed picking up one of the tools and examining it, then tossing it aside and looked around the room, mostly at the walls.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 10:36pm

Nothing too exciting about the walls. Other than the one that is still glowing…Hmm…is it getting brighter??


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 10:37pm

Kyle walked towards the walls, tapping it and kicking it almost in a primative manner.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 10:41pm

Patterns of light shoot across the wall in response to Vigour's poking and kicking.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 10:42pm

Kyle grinned picking up one of the tools and tossing it at the door, then placing his hand on the wall and to try and drain some energy from it.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 10:46pm

Just wanted to point out that this happens AFTER everyone's scenarios have concluded.

A strange, kind of shrill voice is heard in Vigour's "room," "WHAT IS HE DOING???? HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DOING THAT!!! SOMEONE GET DOWN THERE BEFORE…" Too late. The door bursts open with a loud sizzling sound. Throughout the entire complex, there are explosions as all kinds of energy sources suddenly go out of commission. Apparantly, the power lines for the entire complex were just a little too close to the room…

Vigour is free to join the others…TO BE CONTINUED.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by James "Maxwell's Demon" Clerk on Sept 20, 2006, 10:49pm

"What the hell is this stuff?"

Upon his discovery that he was floating above the ground, James became somewhat distraught. His distress was magnified by his discovery that he was completely enveloped in some sort of gelatinous substance.

Okay now, calm yourself. You can breathe, so you have a little time to think. Now, you've taken chemistry - what are gels? That's right: they're colloids - solids suspended in a liquid. Now, solids are a problem, but liquids are easy enough to deal with. But then what? You can't push yourself out - there's nothing to push against. C'mon, think. There must be a way to push out…

"Jeez. I'm not even going to begin to go into the Freudian implications of this."

James begins to concentrate, and tries to use his powers to cause air to gather on opposite sides of the gel, creating pressure to force him out of it - much like toothpaste out of a tube.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 10:50pm

Kyle laughed slightly receiving more than a good charge "This'll be…………………fun……….." He muttered

«*yawns at tirdness*»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 10:52pm

The air pushes against the ooze, but doesn't seem to be causing too much of a pressure change. The ooze seems to be porous enough to let the air pass through it with minimum resistance.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 10:53pm

Kyle stepped out of the room trying to refrain from causing his own little electrical outburst.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by James "Maxwell's Demon" Clerk on Sept 20, 2006, 10:59pm

"Damn. I guess a simple solution was too much to hope for. Okay, think now - it's porous, but the pores are relatively small. And I don't care how elastic this thing is - it has to have a breaking point."

James takes a deep breath, holds it, and concentrates again. He attempts to force as much air as he can into a small area of the gel, and then to let the air expand again, moving the gel with it.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:03pm

This approach seems a little more successful. A small pocket begins to form in the gel… James is pretty happy by his progress. UNTIL (and you knew there had to be an until), a loud piercing scream can be heard. In a sound that seems way too close to his ears, James hears a voice say, "Do you mind??? I don't go around ripping up your insides, do I??"


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 20, 2006, 11:05pm

[Aw, crap. I'm getting a bad feeling I know who this is…]


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by James "Maxwell's Demon" Clerk on Sept 20, 2006, 11:07pm

James' concentration is snapped by the sudden voice.

"Oh jeez! Sorry! I had no idea that you were alive. I don't suppose that you'd be willing to regurgitate me? I'd be willing to fix the tears I made in you…"

God… things just get weirder and weirder around here…


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:09pm

"Uhm…how did you get inside me in the first place? THat was incredibly rude of you. First you pop up in my stomach, and then you try to rip holes in me. Well, at least you didn't try to do it the opposite way." The creatures laughs at his own..uhm…joke?, rattling James' fillings.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by James "Maxwell's Demon" Clerk on Sept 20, 2006, 11:12pm

"Well, I'm afraid to say that I'm just as confused as you as to how I got here. The last thing I remember is waking up inside your stomach. As to the whole nastiness of tearing holes in you, I apologize profusely. I had absolutely no idea that you were alive, or even organic, for that matter. I was disoriented, and assumed that I was just placed in a clever trap by some person or persons unknown."


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:13pm

«UPDATE:

Vigour: Free
Reflex: Free
Wreck: Free
Madrock: Free
Stryker: Free
Dialation: Free
Incubus: Stuck in a prison cell with a kid that seems to feel pain when Incubus tries to use the panel to open the cells.
Geforce: In an enclosed arena that is filling up quickly with some kind of gas
Current: Facing off with a giant robot in an endless hallway
Nomad: Glass ceilinged room with objects that are responding neagtively to his telekinesis
Heatwave: Meat freezer OF DOOM
Maxwell's Demon: In the belly of the beast…sorry.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:14pm

"Oh. Well, that explains it. That happens way too often around here. Whenever the master gets tired of his "toys" he dumps them down here."


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 20, 2006, 11:17pm

«So do I just sit back and wait?»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by James "Maxwell's Demon" Clerk on Sept 20, 2006, 11:19pm

"The master? Who's…. Never mind, I'll probably find out eventually. Anyhow, is there any way that we can resolve this situation in a way that makes us both happy - i.e. you let me go in one piece, and I leave you alone?"


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:19pm

«For now, yep. Hopefully, everyone will be finished up by tomarrow to go on to t7he rest of the mission»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:20pm

"Hey, fella, I got no beef with you. You can go anytime you want, if it was up to me. But…well…I have no idea how to get you out of there. The last guy that came through here was here for a long time, before he just kind of slipped out." James notices a skelelton on the floor directly beneath him.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by James "Maxwell's Demon" Clerk on Sept 20, 2006, 11:22pm

«Damn. I probably won't be able to post much tomorrow - I should be able to post for a little while longer tonight, though. Friday will be difficult as well, what with it being Rosh Hashanah, and all.»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:22pm

«BTW, lasthero, when you say you know who that is, where you referring to th e ooze, or who is behind this whole mess?»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by James "Maxwell's Demon" Clerk on Sept 20, 2006, 11:24pm

"Hey, do you have a particular anatomy? I know it's a little embarrassing, but do you have an excretory system, or something? If so, I should be able to get myself out without too much discomfort, on your part, at least."


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:25pm

«I will be at work all day on Friday, but I have a Rosh Hoshanah thing at my cousin's Friday night. Tomarrow, I will be on until noon, and then I am going to NYC for a concert/comedy show. And I am actually working all weekend (representing my organization at a dinner function on Saturday, and attending a football game on Sunday). »


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 20, 2006, 11:25pm

[A bit of both. I'm probably dead wrong, though. Never could keep track of X-villains.]


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:26pm

"Uhm…not really. I just kind of absorb things pretty much complete. Not much to get rid of. Isn't it the same way with whatever you are?"


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Alan "Nomad" Arroyo on Sept 20, 2006, 11:27pm

"Err…now what? Seems like everything I try makes a fool out of me…", thinking to himself.

Alan takes a few steps, testing the objects to see if the objects try attacking him again. He tests it some more, poking at them this time. Assuming its safe to explore the room some more, he walks around tapping each wall while still examining the ceiling.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:27pm

«PM me your guesses, I am curious. And no, I will not tell you if you are right »


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:28pm

Nomad finds nothing that interesting about the walls. The ceiling definitely looks like his only option for an exit.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by James "Maxwell's Demon" Clerk on Sept 20, 2006, 11:30pm

"Can you move? If you can get me up against a hard surface, I can push out. Because I really can't afford to die of dehydration inside of you - no offense intended."


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Alan "Nomad" Arroyo on Sept 20, 2006, 11:31pm

Alan levitates up towards the crack in the glass he had made previously. Tapping it harder than he did before, even harder with each tap then eventually punching at it.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:32pm

Maxwell: THe creature rolls slightly, putting James closer to the ceiling. He is maybe three feet away.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:33pm

Nomad: The crack in the glass seems to spider web out a bit with his punch, but doesn't quite break through. Nomad's knuckles are bruised slightly, but it is not too bad.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by James "Maxwell's Demon" Clerk on Sept 20, 2006, 11:36pm

"Many thanks, my friend."

James makes an awkward sort of swimming motion, attempting to push himself closer to the ceiling. Once there, he should be able to push off and push his way out of the strange creature.

«This is probably my last post for the night, and due to certain circumstances beyond my control, I probably won't be able to post until Friday afternoon, or Saturday. Stupid school…»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:38pm

Maxwell: His swimming motion gets him close enough to the ceiling to make his attempt. He manages to push off and out, causing a great deal of discomfort to the creature, and leaving himself slime covered, but free. "Thanks a lot, fella! I really didn't want to have to listen to anyone else die of starvation in here. Door's that way." The creature points to a wide open door on the far side of the room.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:39pm

«It's cool, man. We all have lives. I am surprised this has worked as well as it has so far, to be honest»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by James "Maxwell's Demon" Clerk on Sept 20, 2006, 11:40pm

"Sorry for the discomfort. Thanks for being so reasonable about it."

James waves at the creature and opens the door.

«This is definitely my last post of the night…»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:40pm

And with that Maxwell's Demon is TO BE CONTINUED…


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Alan "Nomad" Arroyo on Sept 20, 2006, 11:41pm

"Hrm. Stupid…piece of…", grumbling to himself.

Alan waves his hand around a bit as if to ease the slight pain he caused to it. He tries controlling the objects again with his telekinesis, hoping they hurl themselves towards him. This time planning to move out of the way so that they hit the ceiling.

"Damn thing better work…"


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:43pm

Nomad: No exageration, that is exactly the solution I had come up with for that puzzle. You were the only person to hit on the same answer I had.

Nomad's plan works spectaularly. His dodge even gets him out of the way of the falling glass with only minor scrapes.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Alan "Nomad" Arroyo on Sept 20, 2006, 11:53pm

((Sadly, it seems like it took me the longest to figure my solution out Hehe. Would've been funny had I failed again, I always tend to write my characters somewhat goofy. Though this one wasn't meant to be

I also take it I still have to leave the room? XD))

After a bit of resting, and checking on his new cuts, Alan cautiously floats through the hole that was just created in the ceiling.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:55pm

Nomad is free and joins up with the others…TO BE CONTINUED…

«Honestly, I was amused when you threw the metal object at the glass to start with. I thought you would go for telekinesis immediately »


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 20, 2006, 11:57pm

«All right, looks like the other four ain't on, so I am going to try to get in some Halo before the baby wakes up looking for a midnight feeding. Amazing that I have never once played Halo, but it came up in my Gamefly list, so now I finally get the chance to see what all the hype is about. See you all soon!»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Alan "Nomad" Arroyo on Sept 21, 2006, 12:06am

((Hehe. I actually wrote this character for my own personal project a year or so ago. Thought that using him in here would give me some interesting ideas on how to develop him some more, which I hope you don't mind. But yeah, I wanted him to have this power but not let it be his first line of offense so he wouldn't really use it unless it was absolutely necessary. Which is why I chose to throw the object at first

Looking forward to the rest of the mission when we're all ready Good night all.))


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 21, 2006, 12:39am

Hears the little boy cry quickly runs to the bars to see whats going on and he doesn't see anything.so he asks the little boy whats wrong.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Alexander "Cadmus" Baptiste on Sept 21, 2006, 1:17am

Geforce waits a moment hoping to hear his jailer laugh at him maniacally or for some other sort of cartoon villainy to make itself apparent but no one came. He wasn't sure if he should be disappointed or not… at least if somebody showed he would have had something to hit. He was pondering what he should do next when he heard the hissing over the robotic jeers from the stands. Gas. Damn. Wary of what wacky effects the gas may or may not have on him, Geforce raises his shirt over his nose and mouth - for what little good it may do. He then attempts to follow the sound… hoping that if something can get into the room that it may lead him to a way out. While tracking the sound he also takes a closer look at his surroundings, searching for anything that could help.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 21, 2006, 5:13am

Current panically tried to kick the robots legs away from under it. He struggled to get free for the fraction of a second, then delivered a kick he knew would do nothing.
He wondered if he could get to that "portal" before being killed… He still remembered the spot where the robot had exited. It was was maybe fifteen feet in front of him. But if he somehow managed to reach it, would it even still be there?


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Protoman on Sept 21, 2006, 6:41am

"What the hell? Where am I?"

Lex looks around the room, looking for a way out.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 21, 2006, 10:16am

«Big time apology, but I am not going to be able to update for a while. I came in for a half day of work (gratis, since I took a whole day off today) to do some things, and it was Crisis at Infinite Teachers Union this morning. Who screwed this up, who needs this data immediately, etc. Since I am still leaving at noon, I am not going to be able to update until I get home tonight, which is around 9 or 10 EST.»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 21, 2006, 10:34am

«Hav offered to pick up the slack for me, so I am running him through some things about the four remaining scenarios»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Sacred Digits on Sept 21, 2006, 11:11am

I can't promise the colors will stay the same, but I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.

Incubus: The boy is in the fetal position, hugging himself. "Mister, whatever you're doing, please stop it! Please, please, please stop it! It hurts so bad!"

Geforce: Despite covering your nose and mouth, you're starting to feel a little woozy from the gas. As you progress across the arena, you see a massive gate with a panel next to it. The crowd goes silent as the gate opens. Out come five robotic women, one with a giant metallic lasso, one with a massive bow and arrow, one with a very high tech looking trident that probably fires some kind of energy ray, one with a very ordinary looking sword and shield, and one with a segmented long spear. The crowd goes completely nuts when they enter the arena, and they strike a pose.

Current: Incredibly, almost as if you rolled stupendously well, you manage to trip up the robot, who falls face first before you. The robot is as surprised as you are. There is a large button on the robot's back that has, drawn above it are the words "DO NOT PRESS THIS BUTTON" in large type.

Heatwave: It's a big meat locker. As you try to get your bearings, you realize it's a REALLY large meat locker. You can't seem to find your way through it immediately, as it is also very full so you have to push your way through hanging sides of meat. As you try to get your bearings, something hits you from behind and knocks you to the ground. You're uninjured, and when you turn over, you just see the side of meat that was right behind you swinging slightly.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 21, 2006, 12:03pm

[You're a teacher, Blackmore? Not that it's a big deal or anything, it's just…well, I'm currently studying to become one myself. Cool.]


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Alexander "Cadmus" Baptiste on Sept 21, 2006, 12:05pm

"Poses… I swear in the name of all that's holy that if they play rock, paper, scissors to see who fights me first that I'm gonna lose it."

Thoroughly dismayed that he's not receiving a single underdog shout out of "Go fleshbag!" from the crowd, Geforce attempts to shake off the wooziness for the time being. He thinks he's just found his way out… and all he needs to do is get past five armed freaking robots to make it.

"Sigh… and then the clouds opened up and God said, I hate you Gregory."

Not having any desire to wait for them to make the first move, partially because if they really did re-enact the Ginyu Force he knew he'd have a breakdown,Greg decided to go for it. Geforce creates a gravity well beneath his assailants, intensifying it at as much as he can to try to slow them down, or pin them to the ground in the best case scenario.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Sacred Digits on Sept 21, 2006, 12:18pm

Geforce: As you begin to tap into your powers, you realize that the gas is dampening your ability there too. The five robots turn to each other, then the one with the spear turns it upside down, with one hand near the base. The five of them take turns putting one hand on the spear just above the highest hand currently on it, and the one with the lasso ends up having the top hand, so she shrugs slightly and moves towards you. You can tell that you're having enough of an effect that she's moving slowly and her lasso is dragging, but she still looks pretty deadly. The crowd cheers for her, and she turns once to each side, holding up her arms to massive cheers, before approaching you more closely.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Alexander "Cadmus" Baptiste on Sept 21, 2006, 12:36pm

"Ugh… they did not just do that…

Fighting his instincts, which were telling him that he should scream loudly, run in circles and then launch himself into the unbreakable glass wall, Geforce attempts to address the situation in the little time he has before the lassoed robo-chick was upon him. The most prudent thing to do was remove the gravity effects from the warriors on the sidelines, since they seemed content to wait anyway, to free up some more of his power which was apparently faded by the gas (I was joking before, but I wonder if God really does hate me?). Then, in a move defying logic to the point where he hoped his current opponent would take a moment to adjust, Geforce takes a running leap at the approaching opponent. The dropkick he leveled her way ought to be exceedingly useless in most any circumstance, but at the moment prior to impact Geforce reverses the effect he had her under before, making her as weightless as possible given his reduced capabilities.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Protoman on Sept 21, 2006, 12:39pm

"This is creepy."

Lex gets up and will try to find out what pushed him.

«Do I have my lighter with me?»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Sacred Digits on Sept 21, 2006, 12:50pm

Geforce: You line up, you charge with a drop kick, you lower her gravity…she steps confidently to the side at the last minute and catches you with the lasso in mid air. However, she wasn't expecting the lowered gravity, so your momentum pulls her suddenly light form after you. You are now near to the panel next to the door, and notice that it has one lever, currently in the up position. You don't have a lot of time to think about it, though, since the lasso around your waist is starting to glow slightly, and you feel a mild electric shock from it.

Heatwave: You don't immediately see anybody, and as you look around, you get smacked from behind again, knocking you into the side of beef you were initially hit with, which seems…warmer than it should be, given that you're in a freezer. Oh, and you don't have anything on you apart from your clothes.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Protoman on Sept 21, 2006, 12:52pm

"Huh? This is warm….that's not right…"

Lex is begining to get worried and a little scared.

"WHO'S OUT THERE?!"


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Alexander "Cadmus" Baptiste on Sept 21, 2006, 12:55pm

Hmm… take my chances with the lever… or get shocked to death.

Not really seeing any choice here at all, Geforce pulls down the lever and crosses his fingers.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Sacred Digits on Sept 21, 2006, 1:00pm

Heatwave: No response. The whole place is silent as a tomb until, suddenly, the side of beef you're facing swings back several feet seemingly on its own, then swings forward towards you quickly. You avoid it, but the side of beef on your left knocks into you just as you're avoiding the first one, and you fall down again. This time, before you get up, you get a glance underneath all the hanging meat…you don't see any feet, anywhere, leading you to think you're alone. You also see a door possibly about 50 feet out from your vantage point near the floor. Then you get decked in the head by another piece of meat, and fall face first again. You're not really hurt beyond some bumps and bruises, though.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Protoman on Sept 21, 2006, 1:03pm

Lex jumps up and will try to get to the door as quickly as possible.

Oh my god, oh my god, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?! he thinks.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Sacred Digits on Sept 21, 2006, 1:05pm

Geforce: As you reach for the lever, the robogladiatrix (best new word ever) pulls on the lasso, trying to keep you from it. With every bit of strength you have and a slight application of your powers to lighten her up a little, you're able to reach it and pull it down. You hear the sounds of massive machinery reversing, and the gas seems to be circulated out of the room, although it's been effecting you long enough that you're still woozy. The lasso builds up charge, and you get a pretty intense shock. As you crumple to your knees, the crowd goes wild. The lasso is suddenly removed from you, and the lasso robot goes back to her teammates to give and receive high fives.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Sacred Digits on Sept 21, 2006, 1:09pm

Heatwave: As Lex runs towards where he saw the door, the entire massive meat locker comes to life, with ribs and sausages and all sorts of other things taking swings. Lex dips and dives, sliding under some of the meat, realizing that, hanging, it can only reach so far. Mere feet from the door, a massive chain of sausages catches him around the neck and starts to pull him back. He can see the exit door, it's like a standard meat locker with a safety feature that allows you to escape if you're trapped in, but the string of sausages is holding him back.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Protoman on Sept 21, 2006, 1:12pm

Ok, this shit needs to fry!

Lex starts using his powers to cook the sausages that are holding him.

"BURN YOU SONS OF BITCHES!!!!"


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Sacred Digits on Sept 21, 2006, 1:15pm

Heatwave: As the sausages heat up, they start to…spark? One of them explodes, and you see that inside it's a bunch of machinery, encased in a small amount of foam or something to make it seem like meat. You don't have a lot of time to investigate, though, as there are plenty more different meat products headed your way. And the door's so awfully close. Of course, you can investigate, but you can also take the door. Your call.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Protoman on Sept 21, 2006, 1:19pm

Lex looks at the door then at the "meat".

"Damn, I gotta find out what's going on here."

Lex turns to face the oncoming "meat".

"COME AND GET ME!!!!!!"


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Sacred Digits on Sept 21, 2006, 1:23pm

Heatwave: Suddenly, things get silent again…the only thing you notice is the sparking links of sausage. Backed up near the door, you keep an eye on the meat in front of you. It seems so…still. Suddenly, the locker comes to life again, with another chain of sausages rocketing towards your head. You move aside just in time, and it strikes the steel locker door, denting it. Distracted by that, another link of sausages manages to catch you around the ankle and start to pull you back into the locker proper.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Protoman on Sept 21, 2006, 1:25pm

Lex increases the temperature in the sausages on his ankle hoping for the same effect as the heat had on the first ones.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Sacred Digits on Sept 21, 2006, 1:31pm

Heatwave: It works, but your ankle is seriously hurt by the constrictive force of the sausages. You don't think it's broken, but it still hurts to put any pressure on it. Another string of sausages whizzes past you and hits the steel wall behind you, narrowly missing you and again denting the wall.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Protoman on Sept 21, 2006, 1:33pm

"Lets see if these things can handle absolute zero!"

Lex starts using his powers aiming to lower the temperature in the room to as close to absolute zero as he can(which probably isn't very close).


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Alexander "Cadmus" Baptiste on Sept 21, 2006, 1:38pm

The gas… it's leaving! Things are finally looking-

"ARGHHHHHH"

The shock coarsed through his body and he fell to his knees in pain. As the robogladiatrix wandered away to collect and dispense her fives, Geforce wondered why she stopped and quickly decided it was because she was a showboating jerk. Tuning out the crowd, he focused inward for a moment. With the gas gone, he figured his powers ought to fully return but he knew it would take a bit longer. Hoping the robogladiatrixes «the word is so fun to say it ought to be a crime» would live up to his notion of them being showboating jerks, he feigned more pain than he felt as an excuse to stay down longer and waited for one of them to make a move of some sort before getting back up.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 21, 2006, 1:44pm

Current laughed out in a manic sort of way when he heard the crash and turned around. As fast as he could, and pounced on the robots back, hitting the button with both fists… when the thought hit him that maybe he really WASN'T supposed to hit it…


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Sacred Digits on Sept 21, 2006, 1:46pm

Heatwave: Unfortunately, the cold helps them to compute faster…superconductivity. A barrage of meat starts heading towards Lex at incredible speeds, battering him around the shoulders and torso with severe force. He's beginning to think that maybe that door wasn't such a bad idea. Or maybe it's the GM that's thinking that.

Geforce: The robogladiatrixes bring the spear back out, and do another round of hand over hand, with the lasso one staying out of it. This time, it's the one with the trident, and she steps further out into the arena, away from you, and does some kind of weird trident kata with a lot of interspersed posing, to much adulation. Then, she turns towards you, and starts to move slowly forward, holding it in an aggressive position before her.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Sacred Digits on Sept 21, 2006, 1:47pm

Current: The robot goes fully immobile, you hear the machinery inside shutting down. Then a slow, rhythmic clicking inside it.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 21, 2006, 1:53pm

The grin still hadn't left his face when the pessimist within him told that the clicking sound was hardly a good omen. He crawled off the robot and retreated back down the tunnel and reclaimed his cane, soon finding himself at the stretch of wall where the robot had appeared from… or at least he thought it was that place…


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Sacred Digits on Sept 21, 2006, 1:56pm

Current: The door is just where you remembered it being, and you're able to get out. Current joins the time freeze on-deck circle.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Alexander "Cadmus" Baptiste on Sept 21, 2006, 2:06pm

Geforce: The robogladiatrixes bring the spear back out, and do another round of hand over hand, with the lasso one staying out of it. This time, it's the one with the trident, and she steps further out into the arena, away from you, and does some kind of weird trident kata with a lot of interspersed posing, to much adulation. Then, she turns towards you, and starts to move slowly forward, holding it in an aggressive position before her.

More hand over hand… what nerd designed this? Bet it's the shmuck with the bow tie. I hate bow ties.

His feint clearly no longer holding any water, Geforce raises himself back to his feet. His returning powers boosted his confidence somewhat but he was fairly certain that if he had to continue this fight at the robogladiatrixes' pace that things would not go well. The largest thing he'd done this tactic to before was a football* but it hadn't been particularly hard then and now did not seem to be the time to shy away from new ideas. Geforce attempts to negate gravity's hold on the trident weilding robogladiatrix and create a new "down" for her: the wall behind her robogladiatrix cronies.

*See New Mutants#1 true believers!


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 21, 2006, 2:09pm

«What's that supposed to mean? Keep in mind that I haven't read the others' exploits to maintain the realistic notion that I wouldn't know what happened to them when I met up with them.»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Sacred Digits on Sept 21, 2006, 2:12pm

Geforce: The robogladiatrix is taken completely off guard by this maneuver, and she hits her comrades like they were bowling pins. She does manage to lift the trident and shoot some sort of energy beam towards you, but is disoriented enough that it barely misses, right over your head. As the robogladiatrixes begin to sort themselves out, you see the gate they came in through, still standing open, about equidistant between you and them (but off to the side, natch). The crowd has grown very quiet.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Sacred Digits on Sept 21, 2006, 2:14pm

Current: Oh, sorry. When people get through their specific challenge, they're on hold for a while…probably until tomorrow, since I don't know what happens when we're all through, just the specifics of each scenarios.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Alexander "Cadmus" Baptiste on Sept 21, 2006, 2:20pm

Geforce is taken aback by the silence of the crowd who up until now had been either booing him or cheering for his enemies. Noticing the gate he looked back at the robogladiatrixes, the gate, then back at them.

"Been fun ladies. Really."

Geforce pulls the same stunt as last time… only this time negating his own gravity and making his "down" the direction through the gate.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Sacred Digits on Sept 21, 2006, 2:27pm

Geforce: The stunt works spectacularly well. You slide through the gate before they're able to react fully, although you narrowly miss getting shot with an arrow and another energy beam.

<At this point, you have finished part one and we cut away to other action, still going on around the league. Part two will probably show up tomorrow, along with blackmore. Additionally, you guys should love having me as the GM…on d6, only one of the rolls so far made on your behalves has been anything but a 5 or a 6. Sacred digits, indeed.>


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Alexander "Cadmus" Baptiste on Sept 21, 2006, 2:31pm

«Excellent timing… I've got class.»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Protoman on Sept 21, 2006, 3:06pm

"AHHH"

If only I hadn't lowered the temperature in the room so much, I may have been able to get some amount of strength up. Even if it was hot in here, I'm to weak now.

Lex trys to stand up even with the beating he is taken and has already received.

If I can just get to the door.

As Lex is trying to get to the door he'll grab one of the downed sausages and puts it in his pocket.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Sacred Digits on Sept 21, 2006, 3:24pm

Heatwave: Lex barely manages to get out the door, beaten and bruised. The sausages, however, look after their own, and any attempt to grab one results in a defensive posture by the other meat. You're clear, and on hold until round two starts.

Only one left.


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 21, 2006, 11:47pm

Look kid i'm sorry can you hold on i have to open this box to try and get us out of here i promise i'll make it all better


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 22, 2006, 9:47am

The kid is looking at Incubus with a look of pure hatred…"YOU ARE GOING TO KILL ME!!"

«Actually, I work for the teachers union. My wife is a teacher, but I don't have the patience to teach kids when I can't knock them on their ass when they act up (I thought pentjak karate for many years). Here is my thought. I am going to give Incubus about two hours to finish up. If he hasn't shown up by then, I'm going to post the second part of the RPG and we'll just catch Incubus up later»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 22, 2006, 10:56am

«So… reporting in?»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 22, 2006, 11:00am

«Hey, Current! Nice to see you. I plan on starting up again around noon. Some revelations, some mindless fighting, and a lot of typical NM goofiness»


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 22, 2006, 11:49am

[^_^ Wouldn't have it any other way!]


Re: Mission 2 - And You Had a Bad Day…
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 22, 2006, 12:20pm

«I'm in a totally different timezone, man. -_- »


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 License.