New Mutants 101 - Complete log

New Mutants » Missions » New Mutants 101 - Team Building

________
New Mutants 101 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 15, 2006, 5:01pm

Thursday morning, 5:30 AM.

A sleepy eyed Sam is sitting on a overstuffed arm chair watching the clock through half opened eyes. Xavier had told the kids to be down here at 6:00 AM. Sam had doubts whether they would even be here at all after his bungled speech last night, "Nice team building, there Sammy…" he muttered to himself, his eyes drifting asleep.

Back home, Sam was always up earlier than this, but years of catching sleep whenever he could was definitely catching up on him, he thought as his eyes drifted closed again.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 18, 2006, 12:18pm

After yesterday's debacle, Gerald decided it would be better to err on the side of caution. Plus, he wanted to get a chance to talk to Professor X and Mr. Guthrie and sort of apologize for self-destructing the meeting.

At 5:00, he got up, got showered, got dressed, and headed downstairs at about 5:40. His first destination was the kitchen, then he detoured away, thinking that maybe the team would be having breakfast together. Then he thought that he wanted to be prepared just in case they didn't. Finally, at about 5:45, he went to the arranged meeting place, hoping to be earlier than his teammates so that he could apologize about the previous evening without them around.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 12:31pm

I'm having this dream.

Just having a dream is weird enough; I really don't get them much. But when I do, they're, well…they make no sense. They're not the cool dreams that tell you you're destined to save the world or anything. They're not even like random dreams. They're just…weird.

I can sense this guy there. Everything's dark, I can't see him, but I can just kind of tell that I'm not alone and that someone's watching. Someone familiar, somehow. Someone warm. Big. Strong. Powerful. So familiar…

And the alarm clock rings and I wake up, the numbers 6:00 burning in my eyes. "Gah, late!" I fall out of bed and put on the same clothes I wore yesterday; only have two pairs, so it's not like I can be picky or anything. Run down the stairs, run down the hall, go left, right, and finally wind up at the meeting place, a trail of dirt behind me. "Sorry, sorry, sorry!" A quick thought and the dirt flies out of the carpet, gathering into a little mudball in my hands. "I'm here, sorry for being late."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 12:31pm

Lex woke up at 4:30, showered, got dressed and went outside to walk around the grounds. He goes back inside around 5:45. As he goes back inside he lights a cigarette. He walks into the room just after Gerald.

"Hey guys."

Lex looks from the cigarette in his hand to a very tired looking Sam.

"Want one?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 12:34pm

Sam smiles trying to make a joke, "Those things will kill you faster than Magneto." Lex does not seem amused.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 12:36pm

Well, as long as they're passing them around… "Hey, can I have one, too?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 12:38pm

Lex looks Sam.

"I was part of the Acolytes for 3 months and I'm still alive. I think your information is a bit off."

Lex whips around as Madrock asks for a cigarette.

"No. You're only what 8 years old? 9?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 12:40pm

Where's he going with this? "I'm eleven, but what's that have to do with anything? What's age have to do with it?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 12:41pm

"You're way to young to be smoking."

Lex realizes that he still doesn't know the young girl's name.

"What's your name anyway? I'm Lex."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 18, 2006, 12:43pm

Here we go again. Gerald sighs, almost inaudibly.

"Hey, don't pick on the kid. She's alright." He turns to Madrock. "You don't want one, anyway. Trust me on this."

He turns back to Lex. "Look, you're alright and everything, but come on…there's a certain point where pushing the envelope stops being cool and starts being incredibly lame. Put the cig out."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 12:44pm

Too young? Don't see what the big deal is. You put the thing in your mouth and puff, doesn't look that hard. "I'm Roxanne Madison, but people just call me Madrock." I bounce the mudball in my hand a few times, make it float around with my powers.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 12:47pm

Lex uses his left thumb and forefinger to put the cigarette out. He puts it in his pocket.

"Happy? Oh, and you wanna see cool?"

As Lex finishes his sentence the temperature in the room begins to drop massivly.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 12:51pm

"Hey, stop!" Never did much like the cold; gets so numbing, and the sewers freeze up real bad in the winter. I rub my shoulders, trying to ward it off, but it's really not helping…
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 18, 2006, 12:52pm

"Yup. It's gotten to the lame level again."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 12:56pm

"What's that supposed to mean?"

The temperature in the room begins to go back to normal. Lex looks over at Sam.

"If we aren't actually going to do anything, I'm going to get some food."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 12:57pm

"I'd say you all were going to bore me to death, but, well…..you know."

The source of the voice is revealed, as Jason walks into the room with his hands in his pockets. He looks to each of the assembled mutants through his black sunglasses. Then he smiles, pulling out his own box of cigarettes and sticking one in his mouth.

"All aboard the cancer express," he deadpans as he lights it up.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 12:58pm

Normal temperatuer. Much better.

"Just give it a minute, I bet everyone else is on the way."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 12:59pm

Sam shakes his head at Lex, "Not until everyone gets here. I don't want to spoil the surprise." Sam glances quickly at something in the corner.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 1:03pm

"Fine, I'll keep standing here doing nothing."

Lex looks around the room.

"Where's The Professer?
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 18, 2006, 1:04pm

Almond stepped down the stairs with a feeling of reinvigoration. Although he wasn't exactly doing it on purpose, he was very much used to waking up early in the morning. It was the time when he felt best.
It was the one time of day where his cane was just for show. He looked around at those already gathered, and walked close to Cannonball to have the best possible chance at hearing what he'd say.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 1:04pm

Sam looks at the clock, "Probably still sleeping."

As Lex looks around the room, he notices a large pile of camping equipment stacked in the corner Sam just glanced at.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 1:07pm

"What's that stuff for? Are we…we're not….oh god…."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 1:07pm

Present in room:

Cannonball
Stryker
Madrock
Current
Heatwave
Wreck
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 18, 2006, 1:08pm

Almond felt like some goading.
"Oh, so tough, yet afraid of a little bonding between team-mates?"
He smiled wider.
"The heart breaks."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 1:08pm

I look over to the stuff, trying to see what the ruckus is about. "What? Is that like our superhero equipment or something?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 1:10pm

"What are saying old man? Are you saying I couldn't kick your ass? I could take you on without my powers."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 1:11pm

Sam points to a folded up tent, "Yup. That is your costume, Roxeanne. It might be a little big, but I am sure we can fix that."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 1:11pm

"Only through singing Kumbaya around a campfire can we truly learn to harness our mutant abilities," says Wreck through puffs of smoke. "Let camp counselor Xavier show us the way."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 18, 2006, 1:12pm

"Well, young man, what I'm saying has nothing to do with who could kick who's ass. But for the record, I could beat you with powers."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 18, 2006, 1:14pm

This sounds like a terrible idea, thought Gerald.

No, this sounds like a really terrible idea.

"So…camping. Yeah. Never done it. Never wanted to. Are we going to get merit badges after this or something? Seriously."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 1:15pm

I'm not entirely sure, but I think I just got my first taste of sarcasm. Don't like it. And I'm not crazy about the chatter, either. "Guys, could we maybe not fight, please? We're supposed to be a team and all, so…"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 1:15pm

"I seriously doubt that old timer. All I'd have to is blink and you'd be on the floor."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 1:18pm

"And I could likely gut you all in your sleep. I win."

Wreck sighs and stares at Guthrie.

"Cornball, perhaps you should move ahead with your brilliant plan, before the next generation of mutants start calling each other smelly doo-doo heads."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 18, 2006, 1:20pm

"If you can blink faster than the speed of light, kudos to you. But if not… Well, you like smoking, don't you?"
He was talking to Alexander, but he was looking at Wreck with an annoyed expression.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 18, 2006, 1:23pm

"I can see it now: the much coveted 'Didn't Kill a Teammate' merit badge."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 1:27pm

Curt realizes he's running late (again). He takes a record breaking shower, gets dressed and heads downstairs. Sadly..he seems to be one of the last to arrive again.

"Sorry Mr. Guthrie"

"Hi guys…I'm Curt"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 1:30pm

"For the record, I'm not afraid of you old man, but this is getting tiresome."

Lex looks at Sam.

"If we aren't going to get going soon enough, there's better things I can be doing. If you need me, I'll be in my room."

Lex pushes Curt out of the way as he leaves the room and heads back upstairs.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 1:30pm

As Lex pushes Curt…Curt gets pissed and his field goes active. Lex is frozen in place for a second.

"Curt!"

"Sorry Mr. Guthrie…but he pushed me…and I don't like being pushed"

Curt relaxes his field and Lex is free to move.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 1:31pm

Man, I wish there was another girl around. Nothing wrong with guys, but it's bad enough being the yougest. And if this is how they all act…

I turn to the next arrival, the only guy who isn't about to get into a fight. "Hi, Curt. I'm Madrock."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 1:33pm

"Umm hi Madrock" Curt tries to hide the fact that he's still uncomfortable being around a gray skinned girl with horns.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 1:35pm

[<_< Heat…you gotta stop controlling other characters, man. Bad form. Not so much a problem now, but these sort of things can get out of hand real quick…]
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 18, 2006, 1:37pm

Gerald also introduces himself to Curt.

"Hello Curt, I'm Gerald. Nice to meet you."

He looks around the room.

"I really hope that this all gets easier as time goes by. You have no idea how tough all this is to put up with."

He looks at Sam.

"By the way, I'm sorry about last night. It's just…when there's so many people thinking so many different things, it gets a lot harder to shut it all out. I hope that maybe we'll all get into some sort of synch and it'll be easier, but the early going and all the tensions…it's really tough to keep everything out."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 1:37pm

"At the very least, we have a living bug zapper for our camping trip."

Jason shakes his head.

"But I agree with Lex. If there's nothing important going on here, I'll just leave before the geriatic avenger decides to kill me with tales of the great depression."

He smiles at Almond.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 1:38pm

[[Actually, he didn't. He just responded to Lex's actions. Granted, he did have Cannonball say, "Curt!" but that is fine. ]]
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 1:40pm

<sorry I changed it. I was thinking that based on his field..somethign should have happened to Lex even with incidental contact>
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 1:41pm

Calming down from his brief encounter with Lex..

"Wassup Gerald"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 18, 2006, 1:43pm

"Well, unfortunately for me, there IS something important going on here, so you'll have to stay."
He faked a long yawn to signify his level worry.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 1:43pm

A slightly panicked Sam yells, "No one is going anywhere!"

Sam thinks, "I can lead X-Force into battle, against people who want to kill us, but these kids are getting the best of me already…man…"

"Just go get some clothes together. We'll be gone for three days. As soon as the others get here, we'll get going."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 1:46pm

Now we're talking; I read this article once in this paper, and…well, all it had was 'SPIDER-MAN MENANCE' on the front page, but there was this cool article about all these places over the world. "Going where? The Savage Land? Atlantis?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 18, 2006, 1:47pm

Gerald nods to Curt with a quick smile. "Not much…yet."

Then he turns to Cannonball. "Um…are we going to get clothes or are we staying here? I'm not sure I understood you there."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 1:51pm

Curt chuckles at Gerald's remark.

"Nice not being the only smartass here" He thinks to himself.

Just then a fly buzzes within range of Curt's field and drops the floor. He kicks it aside hoping no one saw it. The fly then seems to "wake up" and fly away.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 1:56pm

"I think I used that newspaper for a blanket once."

Wreck shakes his head.

"As entertaining as this is, I really don't care where we're going. I'll just grab my cardboard box. Yell if you need anything."

And with that he makes his way up the stairs, toward his room on the top floor.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 1:59pm

Curt decides he knows what Sam meant and heads upstairs to pack.

He sifts through the clothes Xavier provided. Again, he realizes he doesnt really like any of them…and picks out the 3 "best". He notices a backpack in his warddrobe locker and packs his belongings inside. He then heads back downstairs to see that no one is back with their stuff yet.

"Humph..finally not the last one to arrive" He thinks to himself proudly.

"Im ready Mr. Guthrie"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 2:02pm

"I don't have any stuff to pack, really." A thumbs up with my hand and a thumbs up with my mudball. Getting better at molding. "I'm good to go."

[Going to get lunch, don't get too crazy without me!]
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 2:04pm

Sam gets flustered, "Actually, we're only going out on the grounds…no place that exciting. I wanted to, but…uhm…" Voice drops to a whisper, "The professor said no."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 2:11pm

Dillan walked downstairs towards the others, still wearing the clothes he had on from the previous day. It wasn't that he was a slob (even though he really was) he just found himself with far too much energy too sleep so he decided to jump ahead a few hours into the future. Sure it'd mean he'd probably wind up crashing in the middle of the day, possibly at a crucial moment, but he knew he'd be useless in a fight anyway.

"What's going on?" he asked, realizing his tone implied far too much familiarity with his team mates. He didn't even know all of their names yet.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 2:22pm

Present in room:

Cannonball
Stryker
Madrock
Current
Heatwave
Wreck
Curtis
Dialation
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 18, 2006, 2:24pm

"We're going camping. In the backyard. For three days."

Gerald went up to his room to pack a few things. He didn't really want to let on that he had no idea what to pack since he'd never actually been camping (or anything even remotely similar), and he really didn't want to let on that he was actually kind of excited about it.

He packed up a few changes of clothes…jeans and T-shirts, socks, underwear, swim trunks just in case. Then he laced up some combat boots, tossed his sneakers in the duffel bag with his clothes, and zipped it up.

"That should about do it," he said to himself. At the last minute, he remembered to grab a toothbrush and some deodorant, just in case. He also grabbed a couple of old T-shirts of bands he no longer wanted to associate with to donate to the little girl, just in case. (OOC Note: He tends to like sort of emo/goth music, but dislikes a band the second they get on MTV. I have no idea what this would mean for the discards…maybe something like My Chemical Romance or something. I don't really follow new music much). Then he headed back downstairs to meet up with everyone.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 2:27pm

<Anyone got a suggestion on a code name for Curtis? Hav and I seem to be the only ones without one…but "Stryker" kinda works>
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 18, 2006, 2:27pm

Xavier wakes up and looks at the clock 6:03. SHIT!!! I'm late steps into his flip-flops and makes a mad dash down stairs runs into the room the sent of cigirette smoke hits him in the face.Xavier says "you guys do know it's no smoking in the mansion right? Sorry I'm late guys.Can i ask why it's so damn cold in here?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 2:28pm

"Camping? Piece of cake." Dillan chuckled before coming to a startling realization. "Wait…there aren't like mutant animals that roam the woods are there?

[How about Sap?]
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 2:30pm

«Sorry about the auto-censoring. It was even better when someone cocked their head a few days ago, and it censored it out. Think we got that all sorted out now.»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 2:32pm

Present in room:
Cannonball
Stryker
Madrock
Current
Heatwave
Wreck
Curtis
Dialation
Incubus
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 18, 2006, 2:35pm

The costumes were all pretty so-so, thought Almond. They weren't horrible, but he didn't like them very much either. They sort of lacked that special something… He has selected his', "rushed" upstairs to his room and had began gathering some necessities for a three-day camping trip.
On his return trip back down, he paused slightly at the stairs. For a few seconds, he stood there and considered.
Perhaps he was going at some things incorrectly, he thought with a frown as he restarted his descent.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 2:40pm

Dillan rushed back up to his room after realizing he needing supplies for the camping trip. He snagged a few choice clothes, a few comics, his mp3 player and a few paydays from his hidden candy stash.

He half considered jumping back into the timestream again because he didn't feel like waiting, but he deicded to get to know some of the other students.

"Errr…yeah, I'm Dillan Drummond, code-named Dialation. How bout the rest of you?" Dillan looked down at his feet for a moment. "Are we allowed to pick our code-names, because I really want Dialation."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 2:44pm

"Hi Dil…I mean Dialation. I'm Curt…I don't have a code-name yet."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 2:45pm

Sam nods, "Of course you can pick your own codenames…that's tradition around here. That is why I picked Cannonball."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 18, 2006, 2:46pm

Camping?Dude c'mon camping i mean camping is baby stuff.I thought we would get to blow up something or at least beat up on someone.I hope we get to take some guns so i can shoot something.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 18, 2006, 2:47pm

« Curt how about Syfin»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 2:51pm

"Yard Guard."

Wreck appears at the top of the steps, sitting with what looks like a hobo's knapsack slung over his shoulder.

"Well, I'm packed."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 2:54pm

«I like Syfin, but do we need to go with the eXXxtreme 90s spelling? Siphon would suffice»

"Sweet, too bad I don't have a power that would warrant a cooler name?" Dillan looked around at the oddball group. "So what can you all do? And dude…" whispered Dil, leaning in closer to Cannonball. "…missle or rocket would've been such a cooler name."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 2:56pm

"Thanks for the code name advice…Dialation," Sam says with a slight smirk.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 18, 2006, 3:00pm

Sam any restrictions on what we can bring with us on this camping trip? Xavier thinks "I wonder would mom give me the cash to get a dirt bike"Sam what does camping have to do with anything?Surival training?
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 3:03pm

<I like Siphon. I'd prefer something with a speed connotation though. If I havent gotten any speed suggestions I like…Siphon it is>

"Well umm…it's easier to show what I do rather than explain it. Can I get a volunteer? I need someone to punch me a few dozen times" Curt has a huge grin.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 3:03pm

"This isn't about survival training, this is about getting to know each other, and just having some fun before all the hard work starts. As for restrictions, if you think the Professor would say no, take that as a no."

«OOC: Besides, I needed some way to get you guys outside so I can spring the first bad guy on yous…whoops, did I say that out loud?»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 3:04pm

A good question, one I was kind of wondering myself. "Maybe it'll be like a bonding experience. We can all get to know each other instead of, you know…killing each other."

[Are we just going to fastforward to the forest when the time comes?]
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 3:06pm

Sam smiles, "Exactly! See, Madrock's in the spirit of things already!"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 3:06pm

As Sam goes on about getting to know one another and other things Dillan really didn't care about he ran over to Curt as quickly as he could and launched a sucker-punch.

«How about….SPEED? Or Velocity, or acceleration…god damn I really hate physics »
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 3:06pm

[[Yeah, that is pretty much what I was planning to do, lasthero. Just wanted to see who was involved before I time hopped.]]
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 3:10pm

Lex comes back downstairs.

"Are you guys still just standing around? Are we going camping or what?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 3:10pm

"Oh dear," Wreck says mildly. "It looks like Dillan won't be in the running for that merit badge after all."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 18, 2006, 3:12pm

«Blackmore RP Rogue for me when i talk to her or maybe get a extra in for her?It would put a little more spin on the rp.»

But Sam you know as well as I do Prof. X says no about all the fun stuff besides I just want to try try out some new Motocross moves i saw.Opps didn't mean to let that slip.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 3:17pm

«<I will play Rogue for you when you need her, cool?»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 18, 2006, 3:19pm

Wreck can I ask where do you plan on sleeping because you not sleeping in my tent.your room smells like the trash can.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 18, 2006, 3:20pm

Be as serene as possible. Be nice. Don't ass around with others, because they think they can just return the favor. Smile…

Things suddenly seemed to be moving so fast, he could hardly keep up. And he couldn't even sit down to rest. Soon, everyone would be ready for their trip… no doubt ready to whine about their simple task non-stop. If anyone had the right to whine, it would be him… but he wouldn't. He had dignity…

Dangerous train of thought, he thought sullenly, as he stepped to wait near Cannonball.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 18, 2006, 3:20pm

«Sure and what time of year is it?»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 3:24pm

«Late summer/ early fall. BTW, good idea with changing your name like that…sure makes things easier for me »
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 3:28pm

"I believe the obvious answer would be 'with your mother', Xavier. But that would be childish, wouldn't it?"

Wreck grins again behind his sunglasses.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Alan "Nomad" Arroyo on Sept 18, 2006, 3:29pm

"Ugh."

I'm late. Alan pushes himself up off his bed and sits on the edge, rubbing his eyes. What time is it? He searches around, trying to find the answer to his question when he's suddenly reminded, there's no clock in his room.

"Right…"

Alan takes a few more minutes before finally getting up and off of his bed and makes his way towards the door. Being one of the newer students in the Institute, Alan ends up wandering around the mansion before finally stumbling into the room everyone was supposed to meet in. Looks like everyone's already in here…can't quite remember how many of us there are, hopefully I'm not the last one in..

"Yep, I'm late.", muttering to himself. "Hey everyone…"

Alan gives everyone a slight wave while making his way, again, to the back of the group.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 3:34pm

Present in room:
Cannonball
Stryker
Madrock
Current
Heatwave
Wreck
Curtis
Dialation
Incubus
Nomad

Late:
Maxwell's Demon
Geforce

Sam looks at his watch, "Oh well…guess James and Greg will be along later. Let's get going, guys…and girl."

«OOC: Don't worry about missing the beginning of the Mission, like I said, I don't expect everyone to be on every day, catch up to the rest of us when you get a chance.

Don't post in this topic until I post the next post»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 3:36pm

Sam leads them out into the middle of the woods, and helps them each set up their tents. The team seems less than enthusiastic as a whole, but Sam has a smile on his face, and seems to enjoy their bickering and snapping at each other. "Just like the good old days," he thinks more than once.

Late that night, Sam convinces them to gather around a campfire for dinner and storytelling. It takes more than a little effort and bribes to get everyone there.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 18, 2006, 3:38pm

Haha…Very funny.I want to shake your hand one that one.:extends his hand:
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 18, 2006, 3:39pm

Be as serene as possible. Be nice. Don't ass around with others, because they think they can just return the favor. Smile…

Things suddenly seemed to be moving so fast, he could hardly keep up. And he couldn't even sit down to rest. Now that the trip was underway… no doubt everybody would be whine about their simple task non-stop. If anyone had the right to whine, it would be him… but he wouldn't. He had dignity…

Dangerous train of thought, he thought sullenly, as he stepped to wait near Cannonball.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 3:42pm

Jason sits crosslegged in front of the fire, still wearing his glasses even in the dead of night.

"Kumbaya, my lord….", he sings sarcastically. "Kumbayaaaaaaa….."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 3:42pm

«Well I guess I'll have my scene with Siphon later»

"Stories huh? I've got a fun one." boasted Dillan. "See, this one time on halloween I dressed up like Shocker and got into a fight with this other kid. Spider-man just so happened to be swinging by and he webbed me up before he figured out I wasn't the real Shocker…guess you had to be there really, at least I managed to trump up the details and sell my story to the bugle for about two hundred bucks."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 18, 2006, 3:43pm

«just some advice people change your name to your rp names makes it a lil easier»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 3:43pm

Lex sits down next to the fire.

"I'm hungry, where's the food?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 3:45pm

Sam slides out a big cooler full of steaks, burgers, hot dogs, corn, and everything else you need for a good cook out, "What do you want, Lex?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 3:46pm

"I'll have a couple burgers."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 3:46pm

I followed the rest of the group, taking in the sights as we went along. It just occured to me, but this was the first time I'd actually been in a forest. I'd seen plenty, sure, but it was either from a distance or in the pages of a book. Never this close, and it made all the difference. The trees were so tall, the air was so clean, birds chirped, squirrels jumped through the trees…there's so much life.

I smiled all the way.

Once there, I had a little trouble setting up her own tent, and even though Mr. Cannonball offered to help, I decided to just give up on it and made my own dirt bed, nice and soft. Was more comfortable in the open, anyway.

I don't have time to break it in just yet, though; we're having some sort of meeting at the campfire, a little talk. That bonding thing. I go over and find a seat, hoping things won't blow up like they did at the mansion.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 18, 2006, 3:48pm

«How are the tents divided? To each his own?»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 3:49pm

"I'll have…" I look the selection over, trying to decide. So much to choose from, so much to eat, and I didn't have to steal it or anything. "I'll have one of everything."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 3:50pm

Sam smiles at Roxanne, "Coming right up, little lady."

«Each person has their own tent»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 3:50pm

"Are you cooking over the fire Sam? I can heat them up a lot faster."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 3:51pm

Wreck abruptly whips out a huge combat knife and spears a hot dog with it.

"So this one time at band camp….."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 3:51pm

"Big appetite for such a little chick." laughed Dillan extending his hand. "Dillan Drummond, but you can call me Dialation."

Dil couldn't help but admire the young girl, she made him wonder what his younger sister would've been like had she not died along with the rest of his family.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 3:51pm

Sam nods to Lex, "Go 'right ahead. Be nice to have someone else doing the cookin' for a change. Whenever I took my brothers and sisters on a camping trip, I had to do all the work. Curse of being the oldest."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Alan "Nomad" Arroyo on Sept 18, 2006, 3:52pm

Alan picks a random tree nearby the campfire and decides to plop down and rest against it. Arms crossed and resting on his knees, head resting in his arms. Quietly on his own, waiting for whatever is supposed to happen. Are we really just gonna share 'stories' with each other? Yeah, I'm not liking this at all.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 18, 2006, 3:54pm

Gerald helps himself to some hot dogs.

"Well, I guess if we're telling stories…"

Gerald eats a hot dog and says, "I guess it's important to talk about where we come from, and all that. My father tried to kill me not long after I was born because he knew I was a mutant. He did kill my mother. He formed a church, preaching hatred towards mutants, yadda yadda yadda. So, I grew up with my aunt and didn't know any of this until a lot later, and by that time, he had come into conflict with the X-Men and Magneto. It was all pretty crazy, and I ended up here. After fighting the X-Men. That hurt, by the way. It hurt a lot. I don't really recommend it."

He starts eating a second hot dog. "So, yeah, the next few years were just me in my room, secluded, talking to Xavier and later Jean about how I really felt and all that touchy feely b.s. I'm a telepath, and I've always been telepathic, it just took a lot of work to be able to block out other people's thoughts, especially if there's a lot of people around that I'm not familiar with, which is why I bugged out yesterday. So, yeah. That's me. Yay."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 3:54pm

Jason glances over at Alan, shaking his knife-with-a-hotdog-on-it at him.

"Poopsie over there is stealing my antisocial gimmick. Make him stop."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 3:54pm

I give Dillan a quick smile, but I'm really having a hard time taking my eye off this food. "I don't get to eat so much, usually, so it's…" I lick my lips, complete reflex. "It's a treat."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 3:55pm

As if on cue, Nomad hears a strange crashing sound further into the woods. It seems like no one else noticed it.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 3:56pm

Lex is silent for a moment.

"Ok there."

All the food in the cooler is fully cooked and ready to eat. He grabs two burgers and starts eating.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 3:57pm

"Heh, you call that a treat?" asked Dillan as he pulled a candy bar from his pocket. "I could live off these things!" as Dillan took a bite of the caramel and peanut treat Stryker completely destroyed the mood with his sordid tale.

"Well that sounded fun, anyone have any stories that won't depress me?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 3:58pm

It's times like this that I'm glad I don't go to church or anything, because if I did, I'd have to pray or something right now, and, well, I don't want to waste time.

Steak…hambugers…hotdogs, with the ketchup and that spicy yellow stuff…and none of it's half-eaten.

What to eat first, what to eat first…
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 4:02pm

<sorry guys I'm at work and duty called…yeah looks like I missed my cue from Dialation..but I'll use Stryker's segueway>

"Wow, that's a deep story there Stryker. Well mine's is somewhat similar. When I discovered my powers, another mutant saw me. This guy could copy powers and decided mines would be a nice addition. He kidnapped me and killed my parents, then held me captive for several years. One day he never came back…and sometime later a power outage let me free myself. Turns out some other guy offed him. Any from Professor Xavier explained to me…I absorb kinetic energy and use it in increase my own "bio energy". So umm…like I can run fast, see in slow motion etc.."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Alan "Nomad" Arroyo on Sept 18, 2006, 4:03pm

Alan gives a cold stare straight through Jason when his train of thought is interrupted by a crashing sound somewhere further into the woods. He props his head up to make sure he wasn't just imagining things, looking over the rest of his classmates hoping they heard it as well. They didn't. Alan quickly stands up, brushing himself off, with a look of alarm on his face.

"Uhm. Mr. Guthrie, is anything else supposed to be out here?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 4:03pm

"Oh and Mr. Guthrie…I'll have one of everything"

"What?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 18, 2006, 4:04pm

<Go figure, I go offline when the villain's about to show up, but Gerald's technically "there".>
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 4:05pm

Sam looks at Nomad, curious, "Uhm…not really. Some squirrels, maybe an owl or two. Why?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 4:06pm

"Well, I guess I'm up then. When I was nine my powers manifested themselves and I obviously couldn't control them. I increased the temperature in the room so massivly that my mother was burned and needed surgery. My father called me a freak and threw me out of the house. I lived on the streets for years. About 4 months ago I was on the subway….there was an accident. I ran and sought out Magneto. After the EM Pulse, I decided he was the wrong person to help me. Now I'm here."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Alan "Nomad" Arroyo on Sept 18, 2006, 4:06pm

"I'm pretty sure I heard something out there. Not anything a squirrel or owl could possibly make…"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 4:07pm

Wreck meanwhile is on his feet as well. While he didn't hear anything, he's clearly lived a life where being aware is an advantage.

"Cornball, if Wolverine pops out of the bushes and yells 'Boo!' I'm going to be quite upset."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 4:07pm

"Me thinks someone's just being paranoid." mocked Dillan. "Oh…right, my "origin." Magneto did his little stunt and my powers manifested, not much to brag about really."

One day he'd tell them all the details of his origin…for now, he just wasn't ready.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 4:08pm

"Maybe it's a bear." Still eating. Didn't know my mouth could hold so much food at a time.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 4:08pm

Sam gets to his feet, "Which way?" Nomad points.

Sam gestures to the kids, "Stay here." And rockets into the woods.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 4:09pm

"Sure, I finally decide to be socialable and tell you about me and no one listens."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 4:09pm

«Damn, Wreck! You ruined my whole plot. All right, that means the game is over now. Even I am not that obvious »
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 4:10pm

[<_< Joke, right?]
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 4:11pm

[[Of course it is ]]
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 4:11pm

By now Curt starts to get nervous.

"Umm….if it was nothing…shouldn't Mr. Guthrie be back now?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 4:12pm

Dillan eyed Lex. "What's your favorite movie?" Sure it was a strange thing to ask, but when he was getting to know people he generally prefered to know little things, not huge bombshells like why're they're social outcasts.

Curt's words caught his ears and Dil turned to him. "If you want to go look for him don't let me stop you."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 4:13pm

<Do we still hear Cannonball?>
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 4:13pm

Normally I wouldn't mind too much, but I'm trying to eat here, and Lex is kind of wrecking my mood. So I crawl over and give him a full hug, should make him happy. Judging from all that stuff he said, he needs one.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 4:14pm

"Movie? Hmm, it's been so long since I've seen a movie. I guess I'd have to say Tommy Boy or The Matrix. You?"

Lex is suprised as Madrock gives him a hug. After a moment he smiles.

"Thanks…"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 4:15pm

There is another crash, this time everyone hears it…but it is in the opposite direction of where Sam went, and much closer.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 4:15pm

<based on whether we still hear Sam will determine whether Curt thinks he should go looking…also Sam insisted we stay here>
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 4:16pm

Wreck spins around quickly.

"Ladies, gentlemen, I may be a paranoid freak, but being a paranoid freak has kept me alive for many a year. I suggest we do something."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 4:16pm

«Sam's blastfield has faded off into the distance. You can hear him, but he's pretty far away»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 4:16pm

A take a long, hard gulp, standing up and moving away from the noise. "Okay…not a bear…"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 4:16pm

"What the ___K was that?!?!?!"

Reflex (wait..how about that for a codename…Reflex?) takes over and Curt starts punching the ground to build up energy.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 4:17pm

Lex stands up.

"Ok, you guys stay here. Sam went that way, I'm checking out the other noise."

Lex walks off into the woods in the direction of the closer noise.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 4:18pm

"Wait! Lex! I've seen enough horror movies to know we should all stick together. Well that..and that if anything IS out there…Dillan and I will be the first to bite it."

Curt chuckles nervously..trying to hide how scared he really is. Still building up energy.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 4:18pm

"Okay, this is the part where we all split up and the hockey faced monster picks us off one by one. Do we have any ethnics or women in our party?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 4:19pm

"Um…I'm a woman. Sort of. More or less." Getting a little nervous here, really wishing they'd shut up with the horror movie talk.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Alan "Nomad" Arroyo on Sept 18, 2006, 4:20pm

Alan moves aside as Cannonball blasts past him before turning back towards the sound. Ignoring the rest of his classmates as they continue conversing amongst one another, his instinct tells him to follow after Cannonball but before he can even take a step towards the original sound another one erupts behind him. This time Alan was sure it wasn't a squirrel, or bear, or whatever else it was suggested as. And so were the rest of his classmates.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 4:20pm

He thought for a moment before realizing he didn't really have a favorite movie. "If I had to say, I'd pick Aristocats, I've seen that movie dozens upon dozens of times."

It takes him a moment to realize no one's heard what he's said because of some far off explosions.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 4:21pm

"This is going to take forever…..don't any of you have super strength or something?"

By now Curt has built up a little speed and starts hitting the ground in rapid succession
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 4:22pm

Lex stops.

"Fine, but if I'm not going out there what are we going to do?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 4:24pm

"I say we figure out who's best suited to take a look. If Gerald hadn't fell asleep…we coulda got him to mindscan. If I can get enough of a charge…I can check out the woods before you guys even know I'm gone. But at this pace…..it's gonna take me 3 years to get that fast!"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 4:24pm

"Well, I don't have super-strength, but…" I take a deep breath. Good as time to bring him out as any. "GOLEM!"

The ground behind the camp starts to tremble and quake and part, forming and shaping and molding as a pair of hands, massive hands, erupt from the dirt. A head follows, featureless and silent. A body. Legs. And then, with one quick push, Golem completely unearths himself, standing tall, his giant form towering over the campsite, illuminated in the fire's glow. "He's a friend of mine…"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 4:25pm

"Wait…where's Alan?!?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 4:25pm

"Let me go guys." stated Dil bravely. "If something goes wrong I can always just time-jump…did I mention I could that?"

"On second though," gulped Dillan "let's send the rock thing."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 4:25pm

"Okay, so the girl can form sand castles," says Wreck. "Between Yard Guard's ability to kill flies and my ability to talk for hours at a time, I think we're set."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 4:26pm

Well maybe we should check it out together? Roxxanne can you have this guy punch me a few times…I'll say when I'm good"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 4:26pm

«Sorry guys for the deleted posts. You guys are great with keeping me on my toes!»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 4:27pm

I flash a nervous eye between Wreck and Golem."You should really watch what you say. He's kind of temper…temperment…he doesn't take that sort of thing well."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 4:28pm

Lex begins to focus on the fire. The fire starts to fade has he absorbs the heat.

"Almost there. When I absorb enough heat I increase my muscle mass. I get physically stronger."

The fire goes out leaving us in total darkness.

"Maybe that wasn't the best idea."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 4:29pm

"Lex, I would beat you with my knapsack, if only I could see where the hell you are."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 4:29pm

Punch…him? "Well, if that's what you want. I guess." I hope he his power is 'not dying' or something like that, otherwise… "Golem!" I point Siphon's way. "Hit him!"

Golem does so without a moment's hesitation, his rocky fist going straight for the target.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 4:30pm

Although he's doing his best to keep a brave face on Dillan's instincts are telling him to jump ahead at least twenty-four hours into the future.

Please don't let us all die.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 4:31pm

"I'm so sorry guys."

Lex can't see his hand in front of his face.

"This was not what I intended, I didn't want to put the fire all the way out."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 4:32pm

Siphon braces himself..sure he had one or two training sessions with Xavier when he first arrived and had the memories of Gideon exploits. But this was a real life situation.

As the Golem hit him. His fist just stopped upon contact with Siphon's face. Siphon felt a rush.

"Again!"

Again the Golem slammed his rock hard fist into Siphon. He felt a similar charge.

"Again!"

Finally after a few blows…Curt felt "Full" and told Roxxy he was good.

"OK that's good."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 4:32pm

Sam comes back into view, "I didn't see anything out there. Are you sure you heard something?"

ANother crash, this time from the same direction as the first, "Oh!"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 4:33pm

Sam realizes the fire is out…"What happened?? Lex, start that fire back up!!"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 4:33pm

Siphon see's Sam coming back just as he was about to take off. After hearing the noise in the other direction he decides he's heard enough and whisks away in that direction before anyone can say anything to stop him.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 4:34pm

"I can't! I've been trying since I put it out! Apparently if I use my powers to increase my strength it's really hard to redirect heat anywhere else."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 4:34pm

"Oh for the love of hell," Jason exclaims. "I have a Zippo. Someone point me towards the damn wood!"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 4:35pm

Sam mutters under his breath, "Shit…"

"All right, stick close to my blast field and follow me." Sam says as he moves towards the second noise.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 4:35pm

Holy crap, that is a nice power. He just gets bashed in the face and keeps taking it.. The kind of power I could use, definitely.

I call Golem down, his body turning back into a mound of dirt while I follow the other, staying as close as I can.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 4:36pm

<side note..I'm really leaning towards the name Reflex…if for no other reason to prevent you guys from saying I suck >
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 4:37pm

"With the might of Abused Housewife Lass, we'll take down the mightest of foes," mutters Wreck as he follows Guthrie. "I want a smoke, but I suppose that would give away our position."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Alan "Nomad" Arroyo on Sept 18, 2006, 4:38pm

"What's going on, Mr. Guthrie? I take it this wasn't part of what was planned for our first trip…"

Alan takes a readied stance, as best he can at least, following closely behind Cannonball.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 18, 2006, 4:38pm

«damn away from the computer and refresh i missed alot»

:walks from behind a tree: where is everyone?
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 18, 2006, 4:39pm

Patience in the face of calamity… that's what Almond kept telling himself. Somehow, his plan to stay inconspicuous and off any possible enemies' radar by being quiet didn't seem all that prudent any longer.
He followed Cannonball. There was a sizzle in the air around his hands…
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 4:39pm

Hate to say the obvious, but… "We've been making a lot of noise, so I mean…I think our position is pretty out there, now."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 4:40pm

"Oh, good," says Wreck as he pulls out another cigarette. "These things will kill you, but…..you know."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 4:40pm

«LOL! Yeah, there has been a lot of that in this one…»

Sam leads the students into the woods. And pulls up short, his jaw hanging low. The woods nearby have been demolished. It looks like a massive giant shoved the trees over and then proceeded to tear them apart with nasty, sharp claws.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 4:41pm

By now Siphon has reached the outer limits of the grounds…and hasnt seen anything.

"Wonder if I should keep looking or head back to the others?"

"Hmmn better head back"

He races back through the woods towards the initial camp ground.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 18, 2006, 4:41pm

"Is there any reason to think WE are actually being attacked? Something else must be going on, if someone wanted to strike at us, they could have done so without forewarning us with convenient blasts and explosions."
He didn't see absolutely anything in the darkened woods…
"There might be a battle happening somewhere, or something…"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 18, 2006, 4:41pm

:sees a glow of in the distance and run towards it after a while he sees the group in sit and yells stop wait let me catch up
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 4:42pm

"Clearly this monster had his parents killed by a tree. Now he dresses as an axe and has declared a war on all wood."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 4:43pm

"Sam, do you even know the way out of here? Or are you just leading us wherever?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 4:43pm

"Oh my god…all this destruction. I figured it out! I think I know what did it! The Hulk is here!" Hope I can get an autograph.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 4:43pm

A few seconds later Curt arrives at the darkened campsite.

"WTH happened?!?!?!" He squints and sees what he think is the group moving in the distance.

"Why the hell are they glowing like that?"

He races towards the light.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 4:45pm

"God damn I need a cigarette. Wreck, do you have anymore? I left mine at the mansion?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 4:45pm

"Al, I took the time to look through some of Dr. McCoy's files, the X-men have a pretty colorful rogues gallery all with their own eccentricies. We could be dealing with Erik the red or the Imperial guard or something."

He looked around in the darkness, trying to get closer to Madrock. If something did happen and they couldn't beat it he'd pull her into the timestream with him. He wouldn't feel right about leaving an innocent child.

"We need to stay alert."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 18, 2006, 4:46pm

What the hell happened here?
So much destruction i kind od like it.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 4:47pm

As Curt moves towards the team, he runs into the cause of all this mess…

Say hello to Demon Bear…
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 4:47pm

"Sorry, I'm all out," replies Wreck.

Then he pauses momentarily, reaches into his pocket and places another cigarette into his own mouth……before dropping it to the ground as he stares up.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 4:49pm

Meanwhile, with the team in the busted ass woods…a small moaning is heard buried in the pile of trees.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 18, 2006, 4:50pm

Almond did a sharp intake of breath.
"Can I blast it , whatever it is?" he questioned wearily.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 4:50pm

Curt can't believe his eyes. He see's absolutely the meanest, largest most evil looking bear he could imagine.

Stunned…he just stares.

"Holy. Shit!"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 4:50pm

OOC: If Blackmore's serious, here's the Bear's powers…Draws power from negative human emotion; teleportation, immense strength, transformation; corruption of human souls

So we're screwed.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 4:51pm

«Blackmore is dead serious »
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 4:52pm

<by "run into" did you mean that literally? If so..then I think the thing moaning under apile of trees…is me >
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 4:53pm

"What was that? Tell me you guys heard the moaning too."

Lex can feel his strength fading. Good, that means my temperature powers should be back soon.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 4:54pm

"I hear it, and it's not the good kind either"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 4:54pm

«Nope…there are two different scenes of action here. You standing in front of Demon Bear about to be lunch, and the rest of the students with Sam about 1000 yards from you hearing a sound from under the rubble of trees»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 4:54pm

"Well, suppose we should go help or somesuch. Or we could do the sensible thing and run the hell away."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 4:54pm

<ahh ok. I thought we were all in from of DB>

Well in that case I haul ass trying to find the group

"omgpleaseletmebefastenoughpleaseletmebefastenough"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 4:55pm

Demon Bear takes a swipe at Siphon as he runs by…
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 18, 2006, 4:56pm

«I believe I'm with Sam…»

Keeping his now-glowing eyes fixed on the shrubbery, Almond ran up to where the noise had emanated from. He searched around the battered trees for a few seconds, before he reached the source of the sound…
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Alan "Nomad" Arroyo on Sept 18, 2006, 4:56pm

"Moaning? Where's it coming from?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 4:57pm

Siphon takes a split second to see if the bear is following him…..

"Whew!ThankGod"

Then proceeds to try to find the others..
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 4:59pm

Demon Bear's swipe missed…He just stands watching Siphon run away.

MEANWHILE, Almond finds the source of the moaning…it is a tall, lanky girl dressed in Indian Beads, with deep claws marks all across her body, "Sam?" she moans,

"Dani?"

"Sam…get these kids out of here before…" Dani faints.

Curt bursts out of the woods screaming, "We've got a problem here!!"

To Be Continued…
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 5:01pm

"youguyswontbelievewhatijustsawitsafuckingbearthesizeofabuildingwithglowingeyesitlookslikepurefuckingevil"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 5:01pm

[So are we taking a break for the day? We've been at it pretty nonstop for a while.]
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 5:02pm

[I was wondering the same thing.]
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 5:02pm

«Yeah, unfortunately, I have to go offline for a while…wow, I am actually tired.

Some suggestions, don't wait for me to guide things as much. I was honestly expecting you guys to go investigate a lot sooner than just hanging out waiting for Sam to come back»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 5:02pm

<i'm still at work so I'll check back in like 10 mins or so to see what's going on>
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 18, 2006, 5:04pm

Siphon slow down take a minute to breath and explain that was like not understandable at all
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 5:04pm

«So we can start fighting the bear?»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 18, 2006, 5:05pm

Once again, Almond's attention was divided. There was a mysterious woman in front of them, whom Cannonball seemed to know. At the same time, the yells of Curt seemed to indicate someone had found their enemy. So much to do, so little time…
He considered asking Guthrie, but decided he was too busy fussing over the one called "Dani". He turned to the new arrival. "What is the problem?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 5:05pm

«You can, but I won't be online to post the results of your attacks until later tonight. Leaving work, and I haven't seen my daughter all day »
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Sept 18, 2006, 5:07pm

«And I have to go to sleep soon… -_-»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 5:08pm

A half-dead woman, moaning, mysterious noise, something big coming out of the forest, Siphon making no sense…

I'm going to have to take this on a daily basis, aren't I?

"Ohmanohmanohman…" I step back and call Golem again, jumping in the palm of his hands as he rises, even bigger than before. "Don't think I'll like this…"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 5:10pm

«IF YOU GET A CHANCE, ack caps lock, if you get a chance, I posted an "evaluation" topic down in the OOC section, just to get some feedback on what you liked and did not like about this. I have thick skin so be as mean as you want »
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 5:28pm

Siphon realizes that he's still moving/speaking at superspeed.

"OK relax..calm down..let the speed go" he thinks. He feels his body slowing down.

"Better? They'res a HUGE fucking bear in the wood. But to call it a bear is like calling Godzilla a lizard. It took a swipe at me but luckily I was able to get away. Also..Roxy..in bit I made need a recharge from your pal"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 5:34pm

I exchange glances with Golem, or, at least, I would if Golem had any eyes. Siphon wants to get hit, Golem doesn't have a problem. "You heard the man."

A few smacks and Siphon was juiced right up.

"So, there's a really big bear out there?" I curl up, getting deep in the palm. "Shouldn't we, you know…leave now? Leaving would be good."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 5:38pm

"…Guys, we can take a giant bear."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 5:39pm

"All I know is that that thing barely missed me"

"Who's that?" Curt looks toward Dani.

"Looks like she knows exactly what I saw"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 5:42pm

"I'm not saying we can't take it, I'm just saying why do we have to? It's not like it's trying to take over the world or anything. It's a bear in a forest."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 5:44pm

"Umm did you miss the part about where I said this is like a Bear on mutant crack?!?!"

"This thing is no ordinary bear. When he looked at me….it was like he was attacking my soul…it just felt weird."

"What's really weird…is why haven't we heard from it again? I don't think it just decided to leave..we should all be on the look out"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 5:45pm

"All the more reason we should leave and leave it alone!" I don't like arguing, but I don't like getting eaten by bears, either. "It's an evil, soul-sucking bear of doom. That we know nothing about."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 5:48pm

"I don't know…seeing this lady here all bloody makes me think we need to do something. How do we know it's not going to attack us later? How do we know it's not watching us right now?

As he said that….Curt spooked himself and hastenly looked around in all directions.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 5:49pm

"I can't believe this?" scoffed Dillan. "If you guys don't even want to fight a bear what happens when Sentinels show up, or Omega Red and the Hellfire club? Will we just roll over and die? Screw. That. Noise." shouted Dil as he ran off into the forest in the direction where Curt had come from.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 5:51pm

Curt got a sense of confidence that chased the fear away. Maybe it was the excess energy Madrock's Golem had provided…maybe it was the sense of actually doing something. Either way..he was determined that he'd find a way for he and the others to take this thing out.

"Well we obviously need to find out what this lady knows..then get her to the mansion. I'm not a leader or anything. But Dillan after we get some info from her…maybe you'd be the best person to get her to the mansion where she should be safe. If you don't want to go…I guess I could. "

He notices that Dillan has left.

"DILLAN! WE CAN'T GO OFF HALF COCKED! We need some sort of plan at the very least!"

Curt runs after Dillan in an attempt to bring him back to the group.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 5:52pm

"Dillan, wait!" But he was already gone, bounding off into the forest after god-knows-what for god-knows-why.

"I'm going to die, I'm going to die, I'm going to die…" Might as well die being a New Mutant. "Golem, follow him!"

And he does, knocking down trees, bursting through the forest, tearing a new path in his wake.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 5:52pm

"Haha, Dillan gets to be the guy who runs off to fight Hockeyhead by himself. Then later we find his head impaled on a stick."

Wreck pauses.

"…..wait, then Hockeyhead comes after us."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 5:54pm

Curt notices that Madrock and her Golem have taken off as well.

"Sigh..these kids will get themselves killed. At least the little demon girl has the rock guy to watch her back. But can Dillan go back in time after his head is ripped off?"

Curt races to meet up with them.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 5:55pm

"This won't end well."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 5:55pm

"…….oh for the love of hell. I'm not going to be the one who gets left alone in this horror movie."

And Wreck follows as well, attempting to light yet another cigarette as he runs.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 5:56pm

"What the hell!? You did to have cigarettes!!!!"

Lex runs off after them.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 5:58pm

Curt cuts Dillan off.

"Stop…this is where he was last time. See anything?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 6:02pm

Dil looked around and found nothing.

"No tracks, no stool, no fur. It's like he wasn't even hear…well, those knocked down trees indicate otherwise but you get what I mean."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 6:03pm

"I don't buy that he almost kills that woman..takes a swipe at me..then just leaves."

"Do you think he headed to the mansion?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 6:03pm

"Wait…do you hear that?!?!?"

"Oh, it's just the others"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 6:04pm

"No stool? He's a demonic fucking bear. Who knows if he has normal bowel movements?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 6:05pm

"No. It wouldn't make sense for it to head there when it's got pefectly good food twidling there thumbs out here." Dillan laughed at his own joke. " Don't worry, I have a plan to take it down."

Dil turned to look at Wreck. "Dude, don't you remember when those demon things attacked manhattan a few years ago? There was crap everywhere."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 6:07pm

"Hey guys. So…where's this huge bear?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 6:08pm

Dillan you said you read the X-Men files. Ever see anything about a 30 foot tall bear with red eyes?
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 6:09pm

"Sorry Curt, only bear I noticed was Grizzly, some lamer in a robotic exo-suit who used to be a wrestler. If it's him we're dealing with, we've already won this fight."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 6:11pm

"Our best bet it would seem then, would be to go find Cornball and ask him what the hell this thing is."

Wreck grins at Dillan.

"Or we can let Dillan go through with his brilliant plan to assault this thing. Knowing fully well it's probably not a normal bear, and it's more likely that this thing is Satan deciding to summer vacation in the form of a 30 foot tall bear."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 6:13pm

"I say we keep looking for it. You guys can do whatever, but I'm gonna keep moving forward."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 6:14pm

Dillan walks over towards Lex, ignoring Wreck. "My plan can't fail."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 6:15pm

"I'm in Dillan, lets do it."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 6:19pm

"Okay Lex, we need to attract the bear's attention. Start a fire, but keep it manageable."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 6:22pm

Meanwhile Wreck is kneeling nearby, rummaging through his knapsack.

"Where did I leave that cyanide pill?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 6:26pm

"This is gonna wipe me out. Fire is tough, but I can do it. Be ready for some cold."

Lex starts to focus. The air gets quite cold. Frost starts to form on the ground. Lex's right hand bursts into flames.

"Got it!"

Lex throws the fire to the ground and starts focusing on it making is spread. Soon enough the closet tree is on fire.

"Dillan, I hope that suits your needs."

Lex passes out and falls to the ground.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 6:28pm

"Good job, fearless leader. We gained a campfire and lost another member."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 6:29pm

Dil sighed dejectedly as he watched Lex pass out. "Okay, that really wasn't supposed to happen but it does make this next part much easier. We just have to wait for the bear to come by, find Lex passed out and we jump him while he's err…well we need to get him before he can start filling his belly."

Dillan turned to Wreck angrily. "God damn it, do you have any powers besides the freaky eyes? Maybe you could help instead of just complain, underpowered and undertrained X-men teams have faced bigger threats than this. If we all work together we can take this thing."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 6:40pm

Wreck pauses.

"Gosh, that would have been a brilliant idea, back when we had a team that didn't consist of the two of us."

He looks around.

"And yes, I have another trick or two. But suffice it to say, it would probably be a bad idea to use it with others around."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 6:42pm

Dillan approaches Wreck, and for a moment ponders placing his hand on his teammate's shoulder. "Look, I have an idea, and if it works this bear won't be much of a problem, I just need you to have my back." he looks down at his feet for a moment. "Worse comes to worse, I'll grab hold and take it as far into the future as I can."

Dillan hoped his self-sacrificial plan would gain him the trust of Wreck, but the bottom line was that he didn't plan on dying or winding up in some far off future. They were going to beat that thing.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 6:43pm

Golem parts the trees, looking down on Dillan and Wreck and a passed out Lex. Arguing. Typical.

"Haven't found anything yet, no luck. You guys seen anything? A footprint, bear hair, stuff like that?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 6:45pm

"We have determined through careful analysis, that this bear may or may not poop in the woods."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 6:45pm

"A guys I just did another scan of the woods…and I didn't see a thing. How the hell does a 30 foot bear just disappear like that?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 6:45pm

Dillan smiles at the newly arrived Madrock. "Glad you're here kid, how big can you make the rock monster?"

"Well Curt, if the thing's magic then it could be anywhere right now."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 6:46pm

I smile back. "How big do you need it?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 6:48pm

"Big enough to be able to comfortably swallow a thrity foot tall bear." Dillan eyed the girl and the golem closely. "Does anything happen if you two are seperated? Like, if he was blown up or something?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 6:49pm

Wreck looks about to say something, then stops and scratches his head.

"……..wait, take the bear into the future? Have you considered the ramifications of this?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 6:51pm

Wow, tall order. "I don't think I can make him that big…but I can seperate from him, though, just not too far. And it's no big deal if he blows up, I can always just remake him."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 6:52pm

"You may have to try kiddo and Wreck I have and they don't really bug me. If my initial plan and secondary plan fail that won't have to happen however."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 6:54pm

"Care to fill the rest of us in on your plan? I don't know how much energy I have stored…and I would hate to run out in the middle of a fight."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 6:55pm

The tree is still burning, it's spreading to other trees. The fire is clearly out of control.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 6:55pm

"Well, I didn't really mean the ramifications for you. I meant the ramifications of leaving a 30 foot tall demonic bear in the future. What if we piss off Kang the Conquerer? He'll never leave us alone."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 6:55pm

"We could always just hit you again. I think Golem kind of likes doing it, anyway."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 6:56pm

"Kang the Who? You read waaaaay too many comic books."

"Umm…thanks…I guess…Roxxy"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 7:01pm

"Well there will be plenty of ramifications for me, I can't actually travel backwards through time, but tht won't matter if my plan works."

Dillan motions for everyone to lean and listen to what he has to say.

«Hmm, ignore the pms I sent, they sorta seem to go against the spirit of what we're trying to do here»

"Here's the plan guys it consists of the following scenarios:

Plan A) I use my powers to transport a large cylinder of earth with him into the future creating a large pit. The rest of tyou need to make sure the demon bear falls into the pit so that when I appear minutes later, the reappearing Earth with kill the demon bear.

Plan B) If that first ones fails for some reason, a secondary plan would be to have Madrock's golem eat (or at least restrain the bear) so I can transport it to sometime in the near future (maybe an hour so) so the you guys can go back to the mansion and get help."

"That's pretty much all I've got people, if anyone has any better ideas I'd love to hear them."

«Dinner time, I'll be gone for like 10 minutes»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 7:10pm

"But…..we've determined that this bear can teleport. How do you intend to keep him trapped? Unless we can somehow beat him into a state where it doesn't occur to him."

Wreck suddenly slaps himself in the forehead.

"Why did I say that out loud?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 7:16pm

"I never said my plan was perfect, it requires timing I'm afraid we might not have. For the first scenario to work you all would have to get that bear in the whole almost the exact second I warp back in."

"Why did I say that out loud?"

Dillan grinned "Afraid it might work?"

« they call that dinner?»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 7:21pm

Wreck stares at the ground, silent for once.

"I have a third plan, in case these both fail. And they will."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 7:23pm

Bah! I hate pessimists!

"And what's your brilliant plan? I swear to god if it's run back to the mansion for help…"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 18, 2006, 7:26pm

mnd if I stepp in and make a suggestion? because i have a plan that just might work. and it involves use of all our powers.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 7:27pm

"Well, in a manner of speaking. Plan C is, you all leave the damn bear to me."

He looks off towards the mansion.

"I doubt I can stop this thing. But I'm absolutely certain that if left entirely alone with him, I can slow the bastard down enough for you all to get help."

Wreck smiles slightly.

"Hell, I might just get lucky and finish him…..I…..just wouldn't count on it."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 7:28pm

"There's a problem with your plan Jason, we don't accomplish anything. We need to prove to Cannonball and the Professor that we're more than teenagers with powers, we need to prove we can be heroes."

Dillan turned Xavier with a puzzled look on his face.

"Man, I don't even know what powers you have."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 7:30pm

"Well I, for one, would prefer a plan that doesnt involve suicide for one or all of us. And Dillan did bring up an excellent point..What exactly do you and Wreck do, Xavier?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 7:32pm

Wreck glares through his sunglasses.

"Somehow, I doubt the Professor would think you more of a hero if you managed to kill yourself in some halfbaked attempt to fight something completely out of your league."

He then shrugs.

"Or maybe he would, I don't know."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 7:36pm

Lex groans as he gets up.

"So, I take it that the pl-GUYS!!! WHY ARE THE TREES STILL ON FIRE?!?!!?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 7:38pm

Dillan shrugs. "Not a clue, I thought the demon bear would've attacked by now, maybe it's scared of fire."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 7:38pm

"Well first we need to find out exactly what it is we're facing. Then we can determine it's weaknesses and so forth."

"It's obvious we aren't facing a normal bear. Maybe I could get to the mansion and dig up some info? The problem with that…is that I think one or all of you would go head and attack this thing as soon as I was gone.

«in all honesty guys I don't know how much more we can do until at the very least blackmore comes back…ideally when the whole team comes back.»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 7:40pm

Jason looks up, putting a hand to his forehead…..though there is no sun to block.

"Well I'll be. They are still on fire, aren't they?"

And after a moment, he continues, completely ignoring the blaze around them.

"Anyway, amend the plan then a bit. Leave the bear to me. I'll either take him down myself, or I guarantee I'll batter that fucker to the point where you all can mop up."

He then spins and points at Siphon.

"Or we could take Yard Guard's advice. Which I think I suggested ages ago."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 7:40pm

"Wow guys, I gotta put this fire out."

Lex gets very close to the flaming trees and starts to absorb the heat from them. Before long the fire is completly out, leaving nothing but smoldering patch of earth.

"There, that's better. However, now my temp powers are gone and I'm a lot stronger until this heat works it's way out of my system."

Lex looks at Wreck.

"No, the whole point of coming out here was to learn to be a team. I'm living with that, now you have to as well. If this thing is going down, we're doing it together."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 7:43pm

«We can keep planning and tossing around quips and banter!»

"Well as along as Lex has super-strength him and Jason could try and take that thing…and you're right Curt, but I suggest you go do it anyway. If you could carry me along with you I can sneak you into McCoy's lab."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 7:44pm

"Why the hell are you calling me Lawn Guard"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 18, 2006, 7:45pm

«TALKING OUT OF CHARACTER IS FUN!!!!……………Seriously, when's he coming back»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 7:45pm

"Hmm, that could work. Wreck and myself could try to take it on. I'll have this strength for awhile. The fire was pretty big so it'll take awhile for it to get out of my system."

Lex looks down at his hands.

"Damn it, making the fire earlier totally ruined my glove."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 7:46pm

"Sure I could do that. Don't know how much you'll slow me down…so if we run into the bear you split…and I'll do the same? Deal?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 7:47pm

"If by split you mean jump into the future? Absolutely." agreed Dillan as he walked over to Siphon. "So is this gonna be like a piggyback ride or are you gonna carry me over the threshold?" he laughed.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 18, 2006, 7:50pm

"Alrighty. But don't blame me if I do as much damage to the pyro here as much as I do the bear."

Wreck grabs his knapsack and slings it over his shoulder, marching off into the woods.

"Onward Christian soooooooooooooooooooldiers……"

«And…..I too have no idea how we'd proceed here. blackmore would really be rping as the bear >_> »
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 7:50pm

"Grumble. I swear if any of you tell anyone about this…..I'll freeze you in place long enough to find out if removing all your kinetic energy slows down your again process"

"hop on <grumble>"

Curt carries Dillan and in an instant they are out of sight.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 7:51pm

Seconds later they are back at the mansion door.

"Whew…you're heavier than you look!"

"Which way do we go?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 7:52pm

<blackmore is gonna curse us out for having to read all this lol>

<remember…here he actually CAN curse us out>
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 7:54pm

Lex follows Wreck into the woods.

"How should we proceed from here? And I am not a pyro! That's just a part of my abilities."

«Yeah, I got no idea where we can go with this without blackmore.»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 18, 2006, 7:54pm

"Head down the hall, near the first floor bathroom and take the elevator there. As long as we keep moving at super-speed none of the telepaths here can get a lock on us. Once down there keep going straight until you find the blue door."

«Blackmore's a daddy now, he won't use bad words, and yeah, I figure we're done for now 'till blackmore gets back.»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 18, 2006, 7:55pm

«Playful banter about life before you were mutants and yo momma' jokes XD»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 8:00pm

*invokes take over blackmore's body powers

The Demon Bear appears in the Woods and beats the crap out of Wreck and Lex. Using my new super hearing…I hear the ruckus and race off to save them.

I get there and the bear sees me then says

"Oh noes…I didn't know they had a speedster here. I've heard about you….you are teh awesome and I could never beat you. What's that running down my leg? I quit"

As the Demon Bear craps himself…he teleports away.

Siphon gains 293253 xp
Dillan gains 8
Wreck gains 2
Lex loses 3
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 18, 2006, 8:06pm

«Hey, I'm a nuetral party here!»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 18, 2006, 8:07pm

«I think we should stop conversing in the mission thread and delete all the posts that are worthless. And everyone who got a PM from he check it!!!»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 18, 2006, 8:08pm

«I say we make another topic and sit around talking about video games and such!»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 18, 2006, 8:15pm

And I just stand there, confused. Again, I get the feeling I'll be doing this a lot in the coming weeks.

"Um…guys?" I look around, trying to make heads and tails of things. "I kinda feel like I should punch something."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 18, 2006, 8:17pm

I can asborb powers.Like my mom, but also I can asborb without touch but when i do it without touch it hurts like bitch. But any with my plan it invovle Heatwave and Madrock.Madrock can you make a dome over the forest a sealed dome? Then Heatwave canyou lower the tempature enough to force demon bear out? Nomad can you restrain him with your TK.Stryker how bad of a headache can you give him?Madrock you encase him in earth Heatwave you super heat it and cool it.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 8:45pm

What about me?
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 18, 2006, 8:54pm

«What about you?»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 18, 2006, 10:30pm

Siphon can you asborb his kinetis energy to keep him from moving so it provides less strain on the others?
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 18, 2006, 10:43pm

Yeah that should be in my realm of abilities. A few problems though:

a) he can teleport…I doubt my powers would stop that
b) he can be a spirit form….don't know if I could affect him then
c) don't know exactly the limits to how much KE I can absorb…meaning would I be able to completely stop him from moving…or merely slow him down.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 11:36pm

«wow guys, nice work keeping the thread going. we really need to hire a night GM…anyone interested in the position?»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 18, 2006, 11:37pm

I'm pretty sure my plan covers all realms of his powers
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 18, 2006, 11:43pm

A roar can be heard in the distance, distinctly between the team and the mansion. They can't quite see him, but they know he is near by. Sam has stayed behind with Dani, and many of the students have moved away from Sam, despite his warnings and pleadings. There is going to be one hell of a showdown here.

Fotunately, Xavier has a plan that sounds like it could really work. Good luck with that
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 19, 2006, 12:06am

"Wait, wouldn't this thing just teleport out as soon as we started trapping him in rock and such?"

Wreck stares at his knapsack, laying on the ground.

"Mental note. Teleporters are ungodly annoying. Especially when they can eat you."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Dillon "Time-Hopper" Drummond on Sept 19, 2006, 12:12am

It had been several minutes and Dillan still couldn't stop swearing. He and Curt had made it back to the mansion and into Beast's lab with ease, but the data on him computer about the Demon Bear didn't exactly help them any. Apparently, the last time it had shown up, Illyana Rasputin, code-named Magik, had defeated it using her magical soulsword.

Unfortunetly for The New Mutants, Illyana Rasputin was dead and her magical weapon had been passed along to Katherine Pryde who they couldn't just ring up and ask for helping hand.

He knew there wasn't much they could do now besides ask the X-men for help.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 19, 2006, 12:28am

«I'm thinking of a way to cut into this…………….»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 19, 2006, 12:38am

«only way is to catch up to dillian at the mansion»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Kyle "Vigour" Stevenson on Sept 19, 2006, 12:44am

«……………….yeah……………..»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Xavier "Incubus" on Sept 19, 2006, 12:50am

Sounds like the bear is back and everyone has gone there own ways.Well thats just great!Where is Sam when i need him.
:Incubus removes his Gloves and places them in there jacket pocket.:
Thinks to himself i hope i don't have to do this but i maybe forced to.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 19, 2006, 6:55am

"Shit, my strength is fading, we've waited to long."

Lex turns around as he hears the bear roar not far from where they are.

"Damn it all! Couldn't he have shown up 10 minutes ago?"

I hope my temperature powers are back when we actually run into this thing Lex thinks.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 19, 2006, 7:06am

Curt realizes that he and Dillan have been gone too long. As much as he hates to admit it…he's actually enjoying being part of a team. He doesnt like the idea of the team splitting up and possibly running into this thing individually.

"C'mon Dillan…this info is useless…we gotta try to get the others to regroup before this thing starts picking us off one by one!"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 19, 2006, 7:07am

«Kyle, it would be better that you go out and seek the group yourself…I doubt Curt can carry both of you»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 19, 2006, 8:12am

Meanwhile, Stryker's going to try to get telepathic impressions/surface thoughts off Dani. He knows he's not supposed to be doing it, but it seems like a good idea.

And, meanwhile, trying to keep track of where the Demon Bear psyche is.

"Guys? Sorry, kind of shut down for a bit there, but I'm logging the Demon Bear now, so at least we won't be surprised. He's roughly…" He points off into the woods, "…over there, not too far."

"As for headaches…that really depends. I'm not positive I'll be able to affect this thing at all, but I'm finding out."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 9:19am

Stryker is getting waves of anguish, with no real coherant thoughts from Dani. Random images of her family, especially her grandfather keep popping to the surface. Stryker begins to feel an odd sensation. It is like someone is reaching out for him blindly, but can't get a handle on how to communicate with him.

Demon Bear's rampages seem to be getting much closer to the team.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 19, 2006, 9:26am

Well, RPG's wouldn't be any fun if no one did anything stupid.

Alright, Stryker will make an effort to communicate with…whatever the thing is.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 9:45am

Stryker is hearing lots of psychic static…he pushes a little harder. He feels his grip on "whatever the thing is" slip and he ends up in someone else's head. Someone in the mansion is having a very odd dream about Professor Xavier, a slip and slide, and a yak.

Stryker renews his focus and reconnects with "whatever the thing is." Oddly enough, the creature seems to be thinking in odd patterns of numbers…

Finally, Stryker begins to hear a message. "I can hear your thoughts, they hurt me."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 9:48am

«BTW, just a little behind the scene note. Late last night, I had an idea to change the ending of this mission and have the beast kill most of you, and have the thing turn out to be a danger room simulation. But I decided that would be extremely lame. »
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 19, 2006, 9:50am

Professor X, a slip and slide, and a yak? And people say telepathy is the power they want to have.

Gerald's going to think at it. "Who are you? What are you?"

And if the numbers start with 4 and 8, I'm out of here.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 19, 2006, 9:52am

"Tell him we're willing to feed him Dillan. No one likes him anyway."

Meanwhile Wreck is oddly enough shifting through his luggage.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 9:56am

Gerald has pushed too far. The message is cut off suddenly, and Gerald gets overwhelmed by a backlash of psychic feedback. He staggers, managing to grab onto a tree, which is about the only thing keeping him on his feet at the moment.

The team hears a roar, as DB stalks into view. He towers well above the team, and looks more pissed off than before. Blood is dripping from his claws, and streams of saliva drip from his jaws. It's feeding time.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 19, 2006, 10:00am

"That's it, ya creature feature."

With a snarl, Wreck again brandishes his knife…..and then sees it still has the damn hot dog stuck on the end of it. He pulls it off, stares at it and tosses it directly up at the bear.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 19, 2006, 10:03am

"Well, uh, I think I did something."

Gerald collapses into a sitting posture using the tree for support.

"Well, Wreck, you wouldn't mind if I tried something stupid but potentially awesome right now, would you? Because the potential for awesome would be really awesome, and the potential for stupid would still at least look cool before we died."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 10:03am

«the hot dog hits demon bear square in the chest. The beast falls down. MAH GOD!! HE WAS BEATEN BY A FLYING HOT DOG!!! THIS IS INCREDIBLE, KING!!!»

The hot dog lands in the beast's mouth. It seems to confuse him for a second.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 19, 2006, 10:05am

By now Curt is rather impatient and tells Dillan

"Look you can stand here and look at pointless info if you want…but I'm outta here"

With a zip of wind…Curt is back in the woods headed towards the commotion he hears.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 19, 2006, 10:06am

"Go for it. My next move is most certainly going to end in my horrible death."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 10:08am

Demon Bear turns towards Reflex's arrival, head cocked to the side.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 19, 2006, 10:10am

"Alright then. One helping of stupid but potentially awesome coming right up."

Gerald hasn't let his powers loose in years, not since the unfortunate misunderstanding between himself and the X-Men. Therefore, this is a long odds chance, but the Demon Bear seems to be vulnerable to telepathy and momentarily confused by…whatever it is that hot dogs are really made out of.

Already exhausted, Gerald puts everything he has into one final push to attack the monster telepathically with what he knows to be the most painful image that anyone could ever imagine, sure to give the Demon Bear months of therapy.

That's right. It's Barney time. Concentrating all willpower on sharing the mental image of a dancing purple dinosaur with the Demon Bear.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 10:13am

Demon Bear stops. And in a horrifying moment that will forever burn itself permanely into the mind of anyone who sees it, Demon Bear makes a odd little dancing motion. He repeats it two more times, then takes a bow.

And then he scoops up Stryker and throws him towards a tree.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 19, 2006, 10:15am

Wreck watches Stryker sail through the air. He sighs.

"Course, I didn't mean by the bear. He's nothing. More along the lines of the scoutmasters will kill me for this breach of etiquette."

And with that, Wreck produces a pair of handguns from his bag.

"But ah well. I don't know Xavier. He COULD have not said 'no' to bringing these, right?"

He opens fire on the bear, shooting with the experience of one who has had far too much……experience with guns.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 19, 2006, 10:26am

Being knocked unconscious by the Demon Bear throwing him around is actually a good thing for Gerald, because he clearly doesn't want to know what Wreck is thinking.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 10:27am

The bullets gets the bear's attention, but don't seem to leave any visible wounds. The bear roars a warning, but his roar is much less certain than before.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 19, 2006, 10:31am

Wreck pauses, looking quizically at the bear.

Then he charges directly at it, running between the monster's legs.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 10:42am

The bear kicks at Wreck.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 19, 2006, 10:43am

"Hey, you!" Golem crashes through the trees, charging straight for the Demon Bear with two giant rock-fist raised. "Pick on someone you're own size!"

I grab on tight and Golem leaps high, coming down on the Demon Bear with both fists crashing.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 19, 2006, 10:43am

Wreck avoids the kick as best he can and parks himself directly beneath the bear.

"Okay, let's see if you're a boy bear."

With that, he fires both pistols as fast as he can directly up into the bear's crotch.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 19, 2006, 10:46am

If it's not too late Curt goes to try to catch Stryker before he's smashed against a tree.

«sorry..work»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 10:47am

Wreck's attack definitely hurt the beast…unfortunately, Golem leaps on top of the beast, and a lot of weight of Demon Bear and rock monster come crashing down on top of Wreck, snapping several bones. He's conscious, but in a ton of pain.

Since no one stopped his arc, Stryker smashes into a tree and hits the ground out cold with a sickening thud. Uhm…or would have, if not for the last minute (literally) save by Siphon. Stryker is dazed, but conscious.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 19, 2006, 10:50am

Laying beneath both Golem and the bear, Wreck yells.

"Okay guys, I've got him down. Feel feel to finish him off any day now! Oh god my spleen!"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 19, 2006, 10:52am

Reflex turns towards DB and runs at him full speed. He hits DB with a barrage of superspeed punches while at the same time absorbing any KE from the bear that he can.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 19, 2006, 10:53am

Realizing that DB is still on top of Wreck, Reflex tries to lure the bear after him…by getting about 20 feet from the Bear then taunting him.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 19, 2006, 10:53am

Stryker looks at Siphon.

"I suppose I should thank you, but I sort of wish you hadn't done that."

His telepathic resolve compromised by attacking the Demon Bear, Gerald can't shut out the surface thoughts/emotions of his teammates.

<I think I can sort of guess what most of them are, but if anyone wants to PM me anything unusual, that's fine.>
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 10:53am

They are definitely causing some serious damage, with Golem and…uhm…Wreck, holding the beast down as Reflex pummels away. The beast is clutching his lower abdomen, which seems to have split open slightly. A glow of yellow energy can be seen leaking from him.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 10:56am

Demon Bear is further distracted by Siphon's taunting, giving Golem a clear shot, which knocks the beast down, and seemingly unconscious.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 19, 2006, 11:00am

"Yeah, take that, Pooh bear!", shouts a still-trapped Wreck as he fires the last of his bullets into the head of the fallen beast. "No honey for you!"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 11:06am

"That was incredible…" Sam blasts into the scene, holding Dani. Dani is conscious, but in a lot of pain. "Are you all alive?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 19, 2006, 11:09am

"Sure. I only have a three thousand pound bear laying on my kidney."

Wreck raises one of his guns to his own head and rapidly pulls the trigger, but only gets a series of clicks for his trouble. He sighs and throws it over his shoulder.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 19, 2006, 11:10am

"Oh yeah!" Golem stands up, raising his to sky as the Demon Bear lies there, unconscious, broken, and defeated. And guess who's standing on top of his fist, smiling, arms crossed, looking as smug as I want to be? "The winner and still champion! GOLEM! Woo-hoo, we rocked!"

[She means 'we' as in 'everybody', just to be clear. <_<]
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 11:12am

«He's also standing on one of your teammates »
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 19, 2006, 11:14am

"Yeah, everyone's alive. For now. I have a feeling that Wreck isn't as bad off as he seems."

Stryker looks sick again. "Why don't you all, I don't know, move the bear and take Wreck and Dani back to the mansion. I'll be fine here. I need to rest my eyes a little."

Gerald makes his best effort at forcing himself to succumb to the pain and go unconscious, but he's suffering from information overload.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Roxanne "Madrock" Madison on Sept 19, 2006, 11:15am

My amazing victory dance of supreme awesomeness is interrupted by a small, squishy sound coming from thirty-feet below…one of my teammates…who Golem is standing on…

"Gah, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" I leap on a flying rock platform and hover away as Golem bends down, tossing the Demon Bear away and revealing Wreck. Or what's left of Wreck. "My bad…"

[Gotta go to class, if you need Roxanne and Golem for moving stuff, feel free to control.]
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 19, 2006, 11:16am

Reflex offers to get Dani to the infirmary.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 11:17am

Sam nods a thanks. But Dani holds up her hand and refuses. She starts to stagger towards the bear. More yellow energy is pouring from the tear in the creature's abdomen.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 19, 2006, 11:18am

"See? I'm just fine."

Wreck looks down to see a rib has moved south and is literally protruding from his stomach.

"Just……fine."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 19, 2006, 11:19am

Reflex then offers to do the same for Wreck
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 19, 2006, 11:20am

"I'll be fine. What's up with Pocahontas?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 11:21am

Dani leans forward and touches Demon Bear's wounds. "The name is Moonstar." She looks at Wreck, unflinchingly, "You look like hell."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 19, 2006, 11:22am

"I feel like hell."

He looks off at the woods, oddly melancholy.

"I've survived worse."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 11:25am

Dani nods softly, "Yeah. Me too." She sighes deeply. She reaches into her pocket and pulls out what looks like a very small cell phone, "Fury, it's Moonstar. Mission accomplished. Kind of. Send in a clean up team."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 19, 2006, 11:27am

"So umm….can someone explain to me what…"

Curt feels the last of the energy he absorbed fading..

"unnnnhhh…….what's going on?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 11:29am

Dani sighes, "If I said, it was classified, would that satisfy anyone?"

Sam glares at Dani. Dani shrugs, "Yeah, I didn't think so…"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 19, 2006, 11:30am

"umm yeah cuz then I'd be inclined to revive the Bear..and let you classify that"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 19, 2006, 11:31am

"Yeah, then I'd have to kill him, and we can't have that."

Wreck attempts to shove his rib back inside of himself, but it flops back out.

He sighs again and sits down.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 19, 2006, 11:35am

"So what is that yellow energy?"

Curt has a curious thought about it.

"hmm…I wonder he thinks to himself….."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 11:38am

Dani walks towards the creature's neck and presses a switch. It stops moving, and the energy goes out entirely, "This "Demon Bear" was something SHIELD was working on. It's a giant Life Model Decoy, basically a giant robot designed to look like someone or something. Someone switched it on…"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 11:42am

A grizzled old veteran, with a patch over his eye, and an odd passing resemblance to David Hasselhoff interrupts Dani, "That someone was Magneto."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 19, 2006, 11:43am

"…….and you sent US to….."

Wreck stops to cough up blood.

"….Cornball, did you know about….."

He coughs up blood again.

"……y'know, never mind."

And with that, Wreck slumps to the ground.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 19, 2006, 11:43am

"So..let me get this straight. Some group called "Shield" makes a giant robot of an X-Men enemy? and then lets it loose on X-Men grounds. Yeah nothing weird about that"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 19, 2006, 11:44am

"Well, that at least explains its thought processes. But I've got a question. Are robots usually able to communicate telepathically, or is this the black ops exception?"

Stryker rubbed his head slightly.

"And if everyone would settle on one specific conspiracy theory about all of this to think about, I'd feel a lot better. Seriously. The more different thoughts you have, the more I hurt."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 19, 2006, 11:45am

"Wait….this involves Magneto? Shit…."

Lex looks extremly worried.

«I'm running out to Blockbuster to rent something. I'll be back ASAP.»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 11:46am

Fury glares at Wreck, "Will someone please shut him up? I don't like being interrupted…"

Dani continues, "Actually, it sent itself after you guys. Some geek down in programming wanted to make this thing as lifelike as possible, so it programmed it's brain to be as close to the original demon bear as possible."

Nick smirks, "Sadly, he is no longer with SHIELD…but I am told, he's recovering nicely."

Dani sighes, "That's a shame. I must be out of practice.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 11:47am

Fury glares at Stryker, "What did you say?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 11:47am

Dani continues her narrative, "Apparantly, Magneto's EM pulse fried his control circuits. He busted out of storage, and must have decided this seemed like a nice place to visit…"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 19, 2006, 11:51am

"What I'm saying is that I was able to telepathically control the robot. Which shouldn't happen, right?"

Stryker thinks about it a little. "Oh, and I was also saying that after I do something like that, I can't stop people's thoughts from getting in my head. It's not on purpose. By the way, I think it's awesome the way you've trained youself to think of baseball box scores to stop telepaths from getting into your melon."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 11:54am

Fury shook his head, "You must have taken some shot in the head, kid. That thing's mind is a computer. It's only thoughts are electrical pulses. No telepathy, or whatever you think you were feeling. Are there any mutants in this school that don't think they are telepaths? Hell, for years, people tried to tell me that Magneto was a telepath. Can you believe that nonscence?"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Sept 19, 2006, 12:01pm

"Well, if you say so. You're free to disbelieve. But once Wreck manages to get his ribs in the right places or whatever, I'm sure he can tell you that I definitely managed to get a hold of it, and I shouldn't be able to do that with a robot. And seriously. Since everything's all taken care of, can we please split up for a bit? I'd take the initiative, but I'm not really up to prancing around right now. Note to self: getting tossed by a demon bear is not fun."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 19, 2006, 12:03pm

"Some camping trip this turned out to be."

"But I guess almost getting mauled by a bear…even a demonic robot one..is close to what happens with normal folks"
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 12:04pm

Fury blows Stryker off, though Dani is looking right at him. She looks like she wants to ask more, but now is not the right time.

"All right, nice work by Xavier's Kindergarten class, but play time is over," Fury says. "Get that thing packed up and ready to go…and get yourself rested and cleaned up, Moonstar. Debriefing can wait a few hours."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Curt "Reflex" Camden on Sept 19, 2006, 12:07pm

"Well I'd offer to search for and round up the others…but I'm tapped."
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Wreck on Sept 19, 2006, 12:09pm

"Don't…..care……", mutters Wreck from his position on the ground, "……what…..you…..like. Hasselhoff….looking…..mother……"

And Wreck's face hits the ground yet again.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 19, 2006, 12:33pm

"Sorry I wasn't much use guys. My powers were in that phase in between strength and temperature control."

Lex stares down at the ground. God damn it, all I did was stand around. What use am I? he thinks.
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 12:35pm

«Don't worry, Lex. We'll dress it up nice in the mission log Next mission, each character will be off on their own for a while, so they will be able to participate much more at their own pace»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Protoman on Sept 19, 2006, 12:39pm

«w00t! I'm being dragged over to the LCS now…stupid freinds having nothing better to do. XD»
________
Re: Mission 1 - Team Building
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Sept 19, 2006, 12:46pm

Link to post Mission 1 thread

Also, the mission 1 log thread is open. ANyone who wants can post a "journal entry" on their characters take of the events.

Mission 1 Log

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 License.