Post Mission 1

Unused Boards » Hellions Missions » Post Mission 1
http://www.nmsim.proboards88.com/index.cgi?board=hellionsmissions&action=display&thread=1167782651


Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 2, 2007, 8:04pm

Zephyr's being kept in a room with no doors, window, or lights. As it turns out, he's only capable of strongly affecting air in his immediate field of vision, and there's barely enough air being pumped in the room for him to breathe. It's not exactly humane, but it is working, and they knock him out every several hours to feed him.

Emma Frost is being heavily sedated; also not very humane, also necessary. Since some of the goons would probably be…less than proper with her if given the chance, she's kept in the upper floors.

The Hellions are all hanging about the club; some preparing for the upcoming match, some not capable of caring less.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Pester/Freaktada on Jan 2, 2007, 8:09pm

Jesse plops down in a local easy chair, devouring a tasty egg sandwich.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Jan 2, 2007, 8:10pm

Meanwhile… Nicolette was trying to fall asleep.

«If you feel like reading the exciting story of how that came to be, or even visit her, go to Nicolette's room… True Believers?»


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 2, 2007, 8:18pm

I pass the room and see Jesse inside, sitting idle. Out of all my teammates, she's the one who's powers I haven't yet seen yet…and I was never able to get a good read on her standing. It's as good a time as any.

I come in and sit across from, trying my best to appear friendly. "Hello, Jesse." Her name comes out like a computer said it. Still haven't got the knack of formality. "May I have some of your egg, please?"


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Pester/Freaktada on Jan 2, 2007, 8:28pm

Jesse gawks at Wildfire with her mouth hanging slightly open, little bits of yolk teetering between her teeth and oblivion. Here stands this new wierdo, an interloper, asking to have part of a half eaten sandwich. Who the hell does that??? Unless… unless she isn't actually interested in the sandwich… But what…? Time will tell… she'll play this little game…

She shuts her mouth. Carefully, with eyes just this side of apprehensive, she tears off part of her sandwich and extends it to the being sitting in her space.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 8:31pm

Spotting the two when walking past, Kelly went into the room, waving.

"Hi guys!"


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 2, 2007, 8:36pm

[Heh, I missed the part of it being an egg sandwich.]

"Thank you." I take it and nibble. "Your codename is Masstress, correct? What are your abilities?"


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Pester/Freaktada on Jan 2, 2007, 8:42pm

Jesse hands Star another piece of sandwich and gives her a quick wave to sit.

"I can make stuff heavier and tougher, or lighter and weaker if I feel like it."

I realize only too late that I handed Wildfire the piece where I lost my grip on my bottle of cayenne pepper. It'll be interesting to see how she reacts to it, but from her looks I'd bet she'll do just fine.

"How 'bout you, set stuff on fire or somethin?"


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 8:45pm

"Thanks Jesse, but I'm not hungry," Kelly responded gratefully.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 2, 2007, 8:50pm

"Yes, I control fire." I'm a little hesitant over the next part. "It's not easy, though; I have a problem keeping it from-"

I stop when I take more than a nibble of the egg and realize that it's not quite as mild as it looks; my taste buds flare, my temperature rises and my body responds in kind, bursting into flame from my chest up. "Nononono!" I stand up before I can set the couch on fire, trying to calm myself before the flame takes over.

Think. Think. Think of water. Think. Think. Think.

The fire dies down after a moment, and I breathe a sigh of relief to see. Too close…


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 8:51pm

"Wildfire, are you alright?"


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Pester/Freaktada on Jan 2, 2007, 8:52pm

O_O

Jesse slowly picks up her half glass of chocolate milk, and silently offers a sip.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 2, 2007, 8:55pm

"I'm fine." I take the glass and gulp it down fast, breathing slow. "Please don't tell anyone about that."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 8:57pm

"I- I won't, but… what happened?"


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Pester/Freaktada on Jan 2, 2007, 8:58pm

With a wave of her hand, she replies "Not a problem at all, darlin'."

She tries not to get annoyed that her delicious chocolate milk was now gone forever.

«For the record, the most difficult thing I've ever had to do in this game is write a character that has characteristic mannerisms in her speech, but isn't a southerner.»


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 2, 2007, 9:02pm

"I don't control fire so much as fire controls me." I lay the cup on the table, measuring out my words. "The flame is linked to my emotional state. If I become overexcited, it turns on automatically, and the more I use my power the better it makes me feel. I lose myself in it. So…it can be dangerous, lethal, easily. I have to be careful."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 9:05pm

"Oh- That… kinda sucks. But if that were me, I'd want to find a few people who I could trust, tell them about that, and ask them to watch out for you in battle, and watch specifically for anything to do with that. Just to double your security. Do you want be to do that?"


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Pester/Freaktada on Jan 2, 2007, 9:06pm

"Mmmhmm…" She replies through a mouthful of pulverised egg.

"Dhen all ave tah leaf oot thah pepars nixt teem."

«Then I'll have to leave out the peppers next time.»


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 2, 2007, 9:12pm

"Yes…no more peppers, please." I wipe off the growing beads of sweat on my brow. "And trust isn't a problem. You're my team, and you haven't given me any reason to doubt your abilities. I would expect you to watch me in the field, just like I'll be watching you."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 9:13pm

"True," she said, leaning back a bit in mid-air. "I just think that what you need is for at least one person to watch out for this sort of thing specifically, and things that might lead to it."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 2, 2007, 9:21pm

"I've had experience controlling it; as long as I'm not stimulated by an outside influence, it's not a problem." I pause, almost ready to leave it at that. "I appreciate the thought, though. If I got out of control, however, I don't think anyone on our team has powers that would them to easily extinguish my flame. It would be best to kill me, in the event I'm impeding the mission's success."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 9:26pm

"Ki- kill - Mission success? Are you crazy? You aren't with that stupid terrorist group anymore, Wildfire! The mission will never be more important than your life! I can't kill you! I doubt that Jesse would! The only one's who I could see doing that would be Kidd, Blind or Erebus - especially Erebus - and I swear, if any of them lay a hand on you I will cut that hand off! You are always more important than the mission, Wildfire! Learn that. Remember that! You are more important than the mission."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Pester/Freaktada on Jan 2, 2007, 9:27pm

Not being intentionally callous: "Meh, I wouldn't worry too much 'bout it, you seem to know what yer' doin."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Wreck on Jan 2, 2007, 9:34pm

"I would not kill a teammate."

Blind does his usual job of appearing out of nowhere, this time sitting at the table.

"…..not in the arrangement," he smiles.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 2, 2007, 9:36pm

Her outburst takes me back for a moment, but only that; really, given her demeanor, I should not be surprised. She's…I believe my mother would've called her 'fresh'. Yes. "You misunderstand. I am a weapon. I accept that. If I'm malfunctioning, if I'm presenting an active danger to my teammates, I should be extinguished." That might be a bit harsh. I need to simplify. "Think of it this way: If I were to lose control in the middle of a crowded area, I could potentially kill many, many bystanders before the blaze could be managed. Would it be better to let me live and sacrifice all those lives, or kill me and save them?"


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 9:36pm

Kelly rose an eyebrow at Blind's statement, but then seemed to take it at face value.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 9:42pm

Hearing Wildfire’s comment, I immediately started arguing again, in the middle of the comment.

“Oh my god! You aren’t weapon! You’re a person! A human being! You do not malfunction, you aren’t a machine.” After realising that she wasn’t finished, I paused, and then she continued with a more rational way of looking at it.

“I- I- Obviously it would be better to save all those people, but I refuse to believe that those would be the only two options! There would be some other way! You- there would- I’ve heard of super strong people being able to blow incredible winds – I’m sure Kidd could do that! Or one of us could knock you out – would that work?” I withdrew a bit, pulling back and wrapping my arms around myself, almost in an attempt to comfort myself.

“I refuse to accept that we would have to kill you. I don’t believe that there would be no other way. Nothing’s going to happen to you – I’ll make sure of that.”


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 2, 2007, 9:47pm

It's funny, really. I used to imagine what it was like to be this way. "You'll learn." I stand up, brush myself. "Jesse, thank you for the food and milk. Good night, everyone." I head out, deciding it's time to turn in for the night. I'll make a stop by Nicolette's room to see if she needs anything, and then go to bed with a good book.

I feel like Animal Farm, tonight.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 2, 2007, 9:50pm

[You know, I've been holding this in for a while, but I think I'll just come out and say…I rather like the way you're playing Kelly, Seph. To be honest, as far as characterization goes, I've never cared too much for Sephula; he's not a flat-out bad character, but he always seemed to lack distinction to me…but something about Star's naivity works well here. It makes her stand out with the Hellions, it's a great foil to the others…it just gels. So, kudos.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 9:51pm

I hovered out into the hallway for just a moment after hearing Wildfire’s final remark.

“I’ll learn? I’ll learn?! There’s nothing for me to ‘learn’ on this topic, Wildfire! I’m right! You can’t go throwing yourself into a thresher as a sacrifice! You aren’t a weapon anymore Wildfire! You’re one of us! You’re here, amongst friends! Friends, not fellow soldiers or weapons! You aren’t a WEAPON!” It seemed to be no use. Yelling at her back, I felt like I wasn’t getting through at all, yelling at a brick wall.

«Thanks. I enjoy playing as someone who doesn’t have so many hang-ups for a change. And who isn’t insane or occasionally jerkish. I enjoy this character . The thing about Sephula, though, is that he's very withdrawn. It'll clear up after a particular mission, if it ever comes to pass.»


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Wreck on Jan 2, 2007, 9:55pm

"…..it is of little use. People see what they want to see."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 9:57pm

«Is that about Kelly or Wildfire?»


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Wreck on Jan 2, 2007, 9:58pm

<Both >


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 9:59pm

«Fair enow. I thought, when you said that, is that it could apply to either. A little less to Wildfire, though, considering who Kelly is in general.

Also, another thing about Sephula, last, is that I just play him depending on my mood . So if I've had a bad day, I play him as a bit of a jerk, etc. I haven't really played him to the characterisation described in his profile.»


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 10:10pm

Figuring that either Wildfire didn't pay any attention to me or deliberately ignored my, I mumbled, "Wildfire isn't even a name. Just tell me your real name," and floated, a little dejectedly, in the opposite direction.

With a sigh, I decided to go find Meghan. That is, if she wasn't already asleep.

I needed someone to talk to. I sort of felt… lost.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 10:16pm

«Anyone? Anything?»


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Pester/Freaktada on Jan 2, 2007, 10:17pm

Jesse sits and watches as the two other girls leave her to the rest of her sandwich.

"Mmmhmm."

«I'm establishing it now that Jesse is the daughter of Bill Buchanon, from 24. It likely will never actually come up in the game, but Bill is awesome.»


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 10:19pm

«Mwahahahaha! You get no peace with your sandwich!»

Sighing and deeming my search a failure, I returned to the room that Jesse was in. Almost collapsing down out of mid-air, I turned to Jesse, and was about to attempt a conversation. About anything.

«The american football player?»


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Protoman on Jan 2, 2007, 10:25pm

Meghan teleports into the kitchen wearing even skimpier clothing than before, it looks like she was about ready for bed. She stares at Kelly and Jesse, moments later disapears again. She isn't sure if they even noticed her.

A few minutes later she reappears, dressed now. She opens the fridge, pours a drink and sits down in a chair.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Pester/Freaktada on Jan 2, 2007, 10:26pm

Star catches Jesse by surprise, and is directly responsible for the enormous wedge of sandwich that is now firmly wedged in Jesse's windpipe. By a fluke, she manages to launch the mass of chewed food into the air, subconsciously subracting mass from it so that it heads to the other side of the room, rolling around the rim of the trash can, then falling into the can with a thump.

Quickly supressing her own shocked and amazed expression, Jesse gives Star an "I meant to do that" look. She surprises herself at how forgiving she is to Star, who by all rights nearly killed her just then.

«Bill Buchanon is on the show 24, on FOX. He's played by this guy: http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0607175/ »


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 10:26pm

"I think that we should be worried about Kidd. I mean, more so than obvious. She seemed almost… sadistic, earlier on."

I waved at Meghan even though she was pretty much right next to me. "Hi Meg! I was looking for you just a little while ago."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Protoman on Jan 2, 2007, 10:28pm

"Hey Kelly, what's up?" she asks, still hoping that they hadn't noticed her appear in next to nothing.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Pester/Freaktada on Jan 2, 2007, 10:31pm

Barely at the threshold of consciousness after being caught without oxygen, Jesse doesn't notice Dusk appear out of nowhere.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 10:33pm

"Well, I was just telling Jesse how I think we should keep an eye on Kidd, 'cause she seemed scary earlier on, but for reasons other than the whole 'RRR, Hulk Smash!' thing she's got going on, y'know? And before that I was looking for you because" and for this part she leant in and whispered, "Blind creeps me out a bit," and leant out again, "so I didn't want to come in here, but I was a little sad after a conversation with Wildfire, so I looked for you to speak to, and then I didn't find you, and then I remembered Jesse was in here so I didn't have to be so creeped out so I came back in here!"

Amazingly, it seemed as if she said that all in a single breath.

"And are you okay, Jesse? You looked like you were struggling with something for a moment."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Protoman on Jan 2, 2007, 10:35pm

It takes Meghan a moment to comprehend everything that Kelly had said. "Oh," she says, still going over it all in her head. "Yeah, I have to agree with you about Blind. He's creepy, and now that I said that he's probably going to appear right behind me or something."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 10:38pm

"He's already in the room," I said quietly, before looking around. "Or at least I think he is… he's kinda hard to spot…"

"Yeah, so, Kidd struck me as almost a little sadistic earlier on… she was torturing that guy! What do you guys think?"


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Pester/Freaktada on Jan 2, 2007, 10:41pm

"Uh-huh… I'm fine…"

«You can assume she politely sits and listens while regaining her composure.»


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 10:42pm

"You sure? Because if you need anything, I can go get it."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Protoman on Jan 2, 2007, 10:42pm

"Well, when it comes to Kidd I'm not so sure. If she's anything like the Hulk, it isn't really her fault," Meghan stops, as though she's lost in thought again. "I wonder if she can become human…"


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 10:44pm

"Yeah, but from all I've heard about the Hulk, he isn't really sadistic. I expected her to act kinda Hulkish, which is why I was caught off guard by that. That does remind me of something I wanted to ask someone, though - if anyone know if that was Kidd's mutation, or if she was born like that - which seems a little unlikely, but you never know - or what? Because the Hulk isn't a mutant, is he? It must have been so hard for her to even be accepted anywhere…"


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Protoman on Jan 2, 2007, 10:47pm

"Yeah, I could see that making it hard to be accepted, but you know, even normal looking people like us aren't accepted. Sometimes even by the people closest to us," Meghan is clearly upset after saying this as her mind wanders to her father.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 10:50pm

Thinking that she might have picked up a bitter tone or something, and noticing that Meghan seemed upset, Kelly pressed the matter out of concern, "Megh- are you alright? Did something happen with someone you care about?" Kelly asked, simple as she was.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 2, 2007, 10:53pm

Curiosity. It's a weird thing.

It's the reason I came back, and it's the reason I'm standing beside the kitchen door, just out of sight. Their analysis so far is fairly interesting, and I was hoping for the off-chance that something important might be divulged - I don't like secrets, not mine or anyone else's.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Protoman on Jan 2, 2007, 10:56pm

"Something happened with just about everyone I've ever cared about…" she trails off, deciding that it will probably be good to talk to someone about it she continues.

"It started with my best friend, I came out to her first and I was pretty much in love with her. She didn't take it very well, I haven't spoken to her since," Meghan bursts into tears as she continues. "As if that wasn't bad enough, when I came out to my parents I told them about my powers and being a lesbian at the same time. I figured, lets just get it over with. My dad freaked out, he's homophobic and he just hates mutants," she drops her head, trying to hide the tears running down her cheeks.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 10:59pm

Moving over to Meghan, Kelly rested her head along side Meghan’s and hugged her.

“I didn’t know you’d had it so bad… what did you do?”


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Protoman on Jan 2, 2007, 11:01pm

She accepts Kelly's hug without any response. Trying to move past the tears she answers. "My dad left us and my mom couldn't handle it. I lived with her for a few months, then I didn't want to be anymore of a burden on her so I ran away. Now I'm here. The only thing that I could do while I was still living with my mother was this." She holds up her wrists, there are visible criss crossing scars. Some of them look very recent.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 11:05pm

“Oh… oh my god… I- I didn’t know… but- but you have us now. All of that- all of it- is in the past. Your friend could accept you for who you are? She wasn’t a good enough friend. She wasn’t a true friend. Your father couldn’t do it either? He wasn’t worthy of you. And I’m sure that your mother loved you. You should pick up a phone and let her know you’re alright. But about the other two? You don’t need them. You have us,” I responded, wiping the tears away from Meghan’s eyes.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Protoman on Jan 2, 2007, 11:09pm

Meghan manages a smile. "I know I have you guys now, you're the best friends I've ever had," she looks at Kelly. "I've tried to send letters to my mom, but I never can. I write them, but never send them," She gets up. "I think I'm going to go to bed," She heads for the door, pausing before leaving she turns back to Kelly. "Thank you."

«I'm headed to bed.»


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 2, 2007, 11:11pm

By all rights, it doesn't make sense. Star's been consistently cheery since I first saw her, though, by my estimation, she has very little to be cheery about. She has no mother, no father, no family that I recall her mentioning. Those events couldn't have made her life any happier, but it's like they have no real bearing on her whatsoever. How?

I watch Meghan as she walks off, saying the word under my breath. "Friends…" It's so…alien. Unnatural. Emotional.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 11:11pm

"You're welcome. And you should. Just one. Just send at least one. Have a good night."

«Night.»


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 11:14pm

I decided it was probably time for me to set off to bed also.

"I'm going to follow suit. 'Night Jesse. Have a good one. 'Night Blind, if you're still here… same as Jesse."

Walking out, I spotted Wildfire.

"Oh, hi Wildfire."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 2, 2007, 11:18pm

"Hello, again. I just came back to say good night." Not the truth, no, but I wasn't expecting to be caught off guard like that. "Sleep well."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 11:21pm

"Oh… 'kay. Thanks! Hope you have a good night too." I started to walk away, but then looked back.

"Are you off to bed too, or something? Because if not… I'd prefer to talk to someone for a little while yet rather than go off to bed, and Jesse didn't seem very talkative at the moment, so I decided to give her some peace, and Blind… well, to be honest, Blind creeps me out a little."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 2, 2007, 11:31pm

"I suppose…" I really was looking forward to the Lord of the Rings. "Briefly, though. What did you need to discuss?"


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 11:35pm

"Well, I just… really, I wanted to know about that Hydra thing. How and why you got into it. What they made you do. What it was like, and how you got out. I wanted to know about you," she said with a sweet smile.

I want to get to know everyone here. They're who I'll be with from now on - I should know what makes them who they are, and most importantly - for anyone, I should know what makes them happy. I've got to do my best to make this perfect… for all of us.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 2, 2007, 11:47pm

I close my eyes, letting the memories seep back in. It couldn't hurt to share, and it would be the fist time I've ever spoke at length about it. "Joining HYDRA wasn't my choice; I was found by them as a child and raised by a woman named Izabella Matrioshka. I was assigned to a few missions, mostly sabotage. There was some corruption around my project, however, and things became sour, and my leader, Matrioshka, was killed. I was more loyal to her than HYDRA, so I defected. There's little else to it."

I push off the wall, and rub my eyes; fatigue is already setting in. "I apologize for being curt earlier, but I do worry about you and your place on the team. I don't doubt your value as an ally, but I'm afraid your emotions are ruling you, and you can't afford that. This is not a game."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 11:50pm

Wildfire’s last remark caught me off guard. That was exactly what Shaw had told me this was. A game.

“Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine. I’m always fine. Do- do you, um- do you have an actual name?


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 2, 2007, 11:56pm

"Matrioshka wasn't using hers anymore, so I decided to hold onto it. It's merely for practicality's sake, though. I prefer Wildfire." I turn full circle, heading to my room. "I'm going to bed now, and I recommend you both do." I speak loud enough so Jesse can hear me. "It's not good to be around here at night alone, if you can help it."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 2, 2007, 11:57pm

"Alright. Have a goodnight!" I called after her.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 4, 2007, 1:05pm

Still unable to get to sleep, I decided on taking a walk. Drifting off into a day dream, I somehow ended up outside Zephyr's cell. He seemed barely conscious inside. I put a hand on the glass, and leaned forward.

"Are- are you okay?"


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 4, 2007, 1:33pm

Zephyr is decidedly not looking okay.

Apart from taking a slight beating when he tried to resist earlier, he's still pretty ragged from being torn up by Gammadrop. He's leaning against the wall in a cold sweat, breathing slowly as a steady supply of air is pumped into the room; he can barely even breathe, much less talk.

So, to Star's question, he shakes his head emphatically 'no'.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 4, 2007, 1:37pm

"Stupid question - I guess you couldn't really be after what happened earlier. I- I'm really sorry about that… I don't know what was wrong with Kidd, I don't know why she behaved like that…"

After looking at him for less than a minute, I couldn't look him in the eye - I could barely look at him at all - after what happened to him earlier. It was our fault that he was in pain - that he was in such bad shape.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 4, 2007, 1:44pm

Nice girl. Sweet enough to give cavities, but nice.

While he's on display and such, Zephyr figures she can be of some help; his earlier joke about being fed inedible slop wasn't too far off, and some real food would hit the spot. He crawls over to the glass, taps on it, points to his stomach, points to his mouth, and points to the metal slot of the side of the wall where they slip his food in, hoping she gets the message.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 4, 2007, 1:52pm

"You want- oh. Oh! Okay, yeah, just give me about ten minutes and I'll be back!" I said, flying off. I have to figure out the way to the kitchen from here first. I day dreamed my way here.

It's okay - I recognise that door. I think it's Meghan's room. I can find the kitchen from here.

In about 15 minutes, I'm back outside the room Zephyr's locked inside with two very large trays filled with the what was cooked for our dinner earlier. The cooks made loads - we ate less than half of it.

"Here, I loaded on as much as I could."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 4, 2007, 1:57pm

No Ritz Carlton or anything, but it works. Zephyr takes the food and munches down, slow and methodical, making sure to conserve as much air as he can. He finishes in short order, and seems to be looking better already; strong enough to stand up, albeit wobbly. He's pale, but then, he's always pale.

He nods her way, grateful, and mouths 'thank you'.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 4, 2007, 1:58pm

"No problem… It's the least I can do. Would you like anything else?"


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 4, 2007, 2:02pm

There was one thing…

Zephyr points to his forehead, looking extremely annoyed.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 4, 2007, 2:03pm

"I… I have no idea what you mean."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 4, 2007, 2:06pm

He sighs. Or, at least, he would if he had the air for it.

He forms his fingers into circles around his eyes, making a shape like glasses.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 4, 2007, 2:11pm

"Oh, your goggles? I'm sorry, I can't get that for you. Megh has it… I can't ask her for it, I think I'm probably not even meant to be here…" I looked at him once more, saddened by this. "I'm sorry."

Turning to leave, I turned again after realising something. "Do you want me to sneak you some food in the morning?"


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Jan 4, 2007, 2:12pm

«No, Meghan has the goggles.»


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 4, 2007, 2:13pm

[Dusk has it, not Nico, unless I miss something.]

He shrugs; didn't figure she could, but it was worth asking.

Getting a steady supply of food would be good, though, so he nods, throwing a slight smile her way. Much appreciated.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 4, 2007, 2:15pm

«I did that on purpose.

I put Nico in on accident.»

"I should go now," I said, a little nervous, before flying back to my room to go to bed.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Wreck on Jan 4, 2007, 2:30pm

A moment after Star sails off, Siamko appears out of nowhere before the cell.

"…..poor girl. Bright, but dim."

He turns, peering in the direction of Zephyr with closed eyes.

"Hello, my interesting friend."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 4, 2007, 2:36pm

If Zephyr could talk, he'd say something along the lines of 'screw you', or 'get stufffed', or, perhaps something much, much more vulgar. As it is, he has to settle for giving Blind the middle finger…which is a little silly considering that Blind is, well, Blind, but oh well. It's pretty obvious the guy doesn't need eyes to see, anyway.

Though he's trying keep cool on the outside, he's quite nervous. This guy got a charge out of torture when the others were around, but now…


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Wreck on Jan 4, 2007, 2:39pm

Vasiliev shakes his head.

"…..didn't I warn you about decorum? Remain civil, and I shall remain civil. Do not….."

He snaps a finger, causing a rumble to seemingly vibrate through the air. Of course, only Zephyr hears it.

"…..and I shall not."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 4, 2007, 2:46pm

Zephyr cries out and falls, putting his hands to his ears…as if that would do any real good. Worse still, the crying drains off too much of his air supply, and he goes into a wheezing fit.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Wreck on Jan 4, 2007, 2:52pm

Siamko observes Zephyr with almost clinical detachment.

"……weak. Back in the motherland, I witnessed young children with more resolve than you."

He turns away, bowing his head in thought.

"If you are finished writhing, we have matters to discuss…..or rather, I have matters I wish someone else to hear. In your position, you are least likely to betray my thoughts to another."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 4, 2007, 2:54pm

For a moment Zephyr wonders what he's talking about with 'the Motherland' bit, but he figures it's better left unasked. Not that he can, anyway.

Figuring it's a better way to pass the time than watching the roaches scamper around his cell, he take what's left of his food and scampers over to the back wall, eating while he listens.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Wreck on Jan 4, 2007, 3:04pm

"I find myself in an interesting position," Siamko continues, holding his chin. "It is in my best interests that this….team…..remain afloat. Should our dear benefactor decide on a whim to dissolve it, he possesses resources to send me straight back whence I came."

He smiles slightly.

"At least until I can arrange otherwise. Which shouldn't take very long."

Vasiliev turns to Zephyr.

"……tell me, my interesting friend. In your short time knowing her, what do you think of Nicolette?"

He gestures to the cell.

"If you wish to conserve your air, you may speak in as low of a tone as you wish. Be assured, I hear everything."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 4, 2007, 3:12pm

Zephyr shrugs, whispers. "She's kind of hot, I guess. Smexy. Nice body and the accent's a turn-on. Not my type, though, and I've already got someone at home. So to speak." He coughs a little, choking down some more food before he goes on. "What's it matter?"


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Wreck on Jan 4, 2007, 3:21pm

"Oh, I simply fear a conflict is on the horizon. She seeks to manipulate, but I cannot be manipulated so easily. In effect, a dead end is in her future, and creatures tend to grow…..unpredictable when confronted by dead ends."

He smiles again, thinking.

"Her only options would be to grasp futilely at ghosts of my past…..or to eliminate me directly. The first, I am not concerned about. The second, I only fear for, in her bumbling, she may cause rifts in our happy home."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Jan 4, 2007, 3:23pm

«PS. Speaking of which, should we do a short Zephyr-Marisol reunion scene on the battlefield?

Also, I resent Nicolette's manipulations being called bumbling… -_- »


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 4, 2007, 3:29pm

Zephyr almost preferred the torture.

"I'm rooting for the second, myself." He slurps away his noodle soup; good stuff. Compliments to the chef. "I'm sure you'll do fine. Handsome guy like you, always walking around with your eyes closed, popping up out of nowhere, torturing people for fun…she'll come around to your charm. Bet you have to beat the girls off with a stick…or, well, it's probably the other way around."


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Last Hero on Jan 4, 2007, 3:29pm

Jan 4, 2007, 3:23pm, Marisol "Solidity" Morales wrote:«PS. Speaking of which, should we do a short Zephyr-Marisol reunion scene on the battlefield?

Also, I resent Nicolette's manipulations being called bumbling… -_- »

Sure, but I have to leave to pick up my brother now, so it'll have to be later.


Re: Post Mission 1
Post by Wreck on Jan 4, 2007, 3:37pm

"You have no idea how accurate you are."

He faces Zephyr again.

"….and for your information, I never torture for fun, nor murder. No, only when given due cause. Such as a need for knowledge…..or in your case, to alleviate problems in attitude that I find distasteful."

Putting a hand to the cell, Siamko begins drumming his fingers off of it. Shockwaves of incredibly loud noise begin filtering to Zephyr's ears with every tap.

Then he stops again, retracting his hand.

"I wonder if she is hearing this conversation somewhere?", Siamko asks, glancing around the hallway. "In a way, I hope she is. She should know that a confrontation would gain neither of us anything."

Looking through the glass at Zephyr, he smiles once more.

"Das vidanya, my interesting friend. I feel we shall meet again."

And Siamko vanishes on the spot.


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 License.