Hellions Mission 2

Unused Boards » Hellions Missions » Mission 2 - The Big Brawl
http://www.nmsim.proboards88.com/index.cgi?board=hellionsmissions&action=display&thread=1167842060


Mission 2 - The Big Brawl
Post by Last Hero on Jan 3, 2007, 12:34pm

“Showdown at sunset, huh?” Rogue looks off into the distance, watching as the sun melts into the horizon, its color splattering all over the clouds. “Classic.”

The setting was decided to be Wonder World, an old amusement park on Coney Island, not too far from the beach. The place had been run-down and decrepit before the earthquakes and was scheduled for demolition soon, so it wouldn’t be missed. The area had been evacuated as well, so the chance of human interference was borderline nonexistent. Not a soul for miles.

In the middle of the park, stationed between a fallen Ferris wheel and a roller coast that’s seen much better days, the two teams stand apart, single file, facing each other from a safe distance.

The New Mutants…experienced, talented, angry.

The Hellions…powerful, wild, amused.

Prime holds the captive Zephyr in hand, wrapped tight in ropes. He looks surprisingly well considering he’s been a ‘guest’ of the Hellions for three days now; apparently, someone’s been feeding him on the sly. He’s unconscious, but it doesn’t look like he’s too far from being asleep; a decent jolt would wake him straight up.

“We’ve fulfilled the terms of our agreement.” Layla walks out from the group with her sister in toe, filling the role of proctor. “I assume that we won’t be seeing any interference from the X-Men or any other factions.”

“Guarenteed.” Rogue nods. “We’re holding up our end of the deal. Where’s Frost?”

“Emma Frost is too dangerous to be here, you understand.” Layla makes sure to keep her distance, close but not too close. “We’ll release her after the battle. Any other questions?”

[For conformity's sake, don't start just yet on either side. Feel free to glare menacingly, however.]


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Jan 3, 2007, 12:41pm

Tangle pulls his hood down, and cracks his fingers. All his nervousness from earlier seems to have faded away and he just looks confident.

Across the way, Chi whispers to Heatwave, a smile on his face, "Wow, that is one sorry looking group of mutants." Chi's energy field spreads across his hands.


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Wreck on Jan 3, 2007, 1:31pm

"This should not be difficult," Siamko whispers.

"…..circumstances negate our team's greatest disadvantage. Tripping over our own feet."


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Last Hero on Jan 3, 2007, 1:44pm

[Huh, turning out to be a slower day than I'd imagined. Damn hump day. Ah well, time is on my side. I'll start things proper now, in case something keeps me from being around later.]

Laura takes charge, smoking yet another cigarette. "Alright, brats." She and Layla move behind the Hellions, taking cover in a dunking booth of all places. "Whenever your ready, start beating the crap out of each other."


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Wreck on Jan 3, 2007, 2:09pm

<Is there going to be something to separate the individual fights, or it is just charge in and melee?>


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Last Hero on Jan 3, 2007, 2:19pm

Just charge in. Though I recommend marking each individual fight (if you're about to post for Wreck vs. Erebus, for instance, mark it as Erebus vs. Wreck at the top of every post for that fight you do) to avoid confusion. Picking a color might help, too.


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Jan 3, 2007, 2:31pm

Tangle Vs. Reflex

Tangle manuevers himself towards Reflex, and draws him away from the others, letting Reflex use his speed to make some distance. Tangle puts up his hand and smiles at Reflex, "Take one more step and you'll be disintegrated on the spot. My name's Kid Nuclear, and it would be my pleasure to destroy you."


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Last Hero on Jan 3, 2007, 2:33pm

Marisol vs. Wildfire

Based on what Nicolette said, it's a safe bet that Marisol's first move will be to free Zephyr. That makes my move clear.

I make my way in front of Nicolette and run Marisol's way, raising the heat around my body as I go. "Marisol Morales, age 15…if you want to take Zephyr from Nicolette, you'll need to get through me first."


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Jan 3, 2007, 2:36pm

«Color test

1
2 - Red looks okay
3 - Yellow looks okay
4 - Pink looks okay
5
6 - Orange looks okay
7
8 - Blue is dark, but okay
9 - Beige is okay
10 - Brown is dark, but passable
11 - Same for teal
12
13
14 - limegreen is fine

Avoid black, green, purple, navy, and maroon and we should be okay»


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 3, 2007, 2:56pm

I found the Pester guy, and moved opposite him.

“So, how do we do this thing? Do I wait for you to do something, or do I attack before you can do anything?”


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Wreck on Jan 3, 2007, 2:59pm

Blind vs Nevermore

No sooner than the fighting begins, Siamko disappears. Nevermore hears a voice seemingly whispering in his head.

"Greetings. I am Siamko Vasiliev, otherwise known as Blind. You are Griffin Taylor, and I have been informed that your powers rely on eye contact."

As if on cue, Nevermore's sight begins to fade.

"A bad situation under the circumstances. As my name implies, I am quite blind, and unable to make eye contact with you."

Griffin's hearing begins to fade as well. All he can hear now are footsteps, and the whispering.

"In essence, you are powerless before the fight begins. As it now progresses, you are as a babe thrown to wolves."

Finally the footsteps stop. An ominous silence reigns…..before a gun clicks from somewhere in the darkness, the sound amplified to be as loud as thunder.

"Surrender."


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Jan 3, 2007, 3:02pm

«****, finally made it. I'm surprised this has moved on so little. Also, I kind of expected separate threads. I really, REALLY don't want to sound whiny again, but won't it end up confusing?»


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Kelly Alecia "Edenstar" Lisa on Jan 3, 2007, 3:02pm

«I know this is in the missions part of the board – but are we supposed to do this like we would sparring battles?»


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Last Hero on Jan 3, 2007, 3:05pm

[Yeah, like sparring matches.

And as for things getting confusing, I don't think it'll be a problem so long as every is consistent. But I'll take a consensus: Would you guys prefer a separate category to hold all the matches? It's not too late, at this point.]


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Jan 3, 2007, 3:06pm

Marisol vs. Wildfire

Marisol felt highly unusual. There was a large, healthy amount of fear in her, but also a sort of cold fury she had never felt before. She was so calm and collected that she surprised herself.

She slowly moved towards her "opponent". She might not have guessed her powers by looks alone, but the air simmering around her made for a decent guess. Once she was close enough that she didn't have to raise her voice, she spoke:
"Why?"


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Last Hero on Jan 3, 2007, 3:09pm

Marisol vs. Wildfire

"Because you're my enemy. Don't ask silly questions." I rush in and strike out, focusing a great deal of heat around my fists.


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Jan 3, 2007, 3:09pm

«It might be better to do each one in a separate topic. I can set that up pretty easily, lasty»


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Jan 3, 2007, 3:13pm

Prime and Zephyr hang out

Nicolette wasn't sure how to feel. She would certainly have liked to take part in the fight… to an extent. She felt she could accomplish much, that she'd be an asset AND that it was her responsibility. But watching by the sidelines with an authoritarian presence had it's positive sides. Boredom overcame them all, however.

She shook Zephyr lightly to wake him up. At the same time, she maintained a VERY firm grip. Not enough to hurt him, of course… She was also watchful for any more surprised attacks by him. Once she was certain he could hear her, she spoke:

"I'm not really certain I want to fight you," she said with a serious, sorrowful voice, that then changed by a ridiculous extent for her next statement: "Not when there are so many other things we could do…"

Her French accent was somehow a lot more audible suddenly. She rubbed herself against Zephyr's back almost unnoticeably.

«Could we PLEASE keep this? I wanted to have a conversation exactly like this one in the fight anyway, and then have Prime LET him go.»


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Marisol "Solidity" Morales on Jan 3, 2007, 3:17pm

Marisol vs. Wildfire

"Why are you my enemy?" asked Marisol quietly.
A moment before Wildfire reached her, she took to the air. In an instant, her legs became a lot more suitable for long and high jumps, making her perfectly able to simply jump over the approaching Wildfire.

She landed on the other side, feeling a strong urge to rush on towards Zephyr. But she also felt the need to annihilate her opponent, THEN go save him. Something about the thought in her head sounded off…

Oh, yes… It was the fact that she was facing someone who could bring her to her knees with a gesture of her hand.


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Jan 3, 2007, 3:19pm

«I am not deleting this topic at all, just copying the relevant parts to their own topics.»


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Jan 3, 2007, 3:26pm

The Match – Ups

Wildfire vs. Marisol

Tangle vs. Reflex

Star vs. Pester

Gammadrop vs. Heatwave

Erebus vs. Wreck

Dusk vs. Dill

Naga vs. Sephula

Phase vs. Nadia

Blind vs. Nevermore

Cricket vs. Chi

Masstress vs. Voltage

http://nmsim.proboards88.com/index.cgi?board=hellionsmissions&action=display&thread=1167852682

Prime is ordered to watch Zephyr, who'll be brought along as a show of good faith.


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Amelia "Heaven" Chow on Jan 3, 2007, 3:28pm

«Should I start an Ixnay/Rogue thread, or just post here? I'm only on for like five minutes.»


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Last Hero on Jan 3, 2007, 3:28pm

[Sorry about the confusion, born; I went and deleted my post.-_- It's up to you whether you want to keep Zephyr escaped or backtrack to where Prime was talking to him.]


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Last Hero on Jan 3, 2007, 3:30pm

[It's up to you, Havok, but it would probably best to start your own thread for conformity's sake.

And blackmore…thanks a ton, man.]


Re: The Big Brawl
Post by Michael "Chi" Placio on Jan 3, 2007, 3:32pm

«Topic is ready for you Havy. Wasn't sure if you guys needed one, so I didn't make it »


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 License.