Generation X 7 Fimbulwinter

Generation X » Generation X Missions » Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
http://nmsim.proboards88.com/index.cgi?board=missions3&action=display&thread=1175830723


Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 5, 2007, 11:38pm

Generation X #7
$2.99

Fimbulwinter

Marcus and the team journey to Niflheim, seeking the Hall of Hel, and a release from his new deal with Mephisto. Frost Giants, wolves, specters, and even Loki stand in their way. Will they save Marcus, or trigger the End of the World?

Writer: Amanda Madison
Artist : Walt Simonson


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Cheshire on Apr 5, 2007, 11:40pm

«Sure, I'm up for it»


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 5, 2007, 11:41pm

«I'm over at Aaron's, but I think I can swing it»


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Dillon Drummond on Apr 5, 2007, 11:44pm

« I'm out of cough drops and filled with cheese steak. Yes. Oh, and sorry for missing the last few missions, pretty sure my mother was on her period when she verbally assaulted my ass away from the computer. »


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 5, 2007, 11:45pm

«Yes»


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 5, 2007, 11:45pm

« LOL! »


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 5, 2007, 11:46pm

[I am ready to rock.]


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 5, 2007, 11:47pm

«Alright, let's just do this. As before, everyone is along for the ride, so don't sweat dropping in.»


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 5, 2007, 11:55pm

It's barely been a day since Marcus became king of Hell. In that short time period, Kitty Pryde and Amanda Sefton have gone off to barter with a sorcerer named Belasco, and Generation X has thwarted the Cult of Set in the mystic realm of Stygia.

Generation X, restlessly researching Marcus' imprisonment in Hell, are interrupted by the sudden intrusion of Dr. Strange's minotaur servant, Rintrah.

"Greetings, young ones," and the minotaur slides from the folds of reality. "I believe I have clarified the reasoning behind your situation, and now know where your next step lies.

Are you familiar with the realm of Niflheim, in the World Tree?"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Cheshire on Apr 5, 2007, 11:56pm

"Niflheim? Ain't them those badguys we fought?"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Dillon Drummond on Apr 5, 2007, 11:56pm

"Yggdrasil." I say to myself, not really caring or giving any particular attention the minotaur.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 5, 2007, 11:56pm

"The world tree… That's Norse, right?"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 5, 2007, 11:57pm

Sara shakes her head.

"I can't even pronounce that word."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 5, 2007, 11:57pm

"I think he's talking about the actual Niflheim. The Sons just used it for their names." I turn to the minotaur. "I've read a few things about the place. Why?"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 6, 2007, 12:02am

Sir Nathaniel shifted quietly in the back taking this all in.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 12:04am

"Yes," Rintrah nods, "And a most peculiar enemy Mephisto has there. The Goddess Hel, and her siblings Fenrisúlfr and the World Serpent.

It is perhaps, your next destination on Marcus' road to salvation."

Rintrah casts a powder into the air, and a doorway appears.

The old Svalbard complex shimmers in the doorway.

"It has been told your journey begins here."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 6, 2007, 12:05am

"Do you know of any allies we can contact in there? Anyone who'd want to make a move against Hel?" If we're going to be fighting gods, we need back up. Good back up. Our fight with Set taught me that much.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 6, 2007, 12:06am

«Didn't see this. I'm in.»


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Cheshire on Apr 6, 2007, 12:06am

Joe grits his teeth. He really didn't want to go abck to Svalbard. But this was for Marcus, so he begins to step forward.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 6, 2007, 12:06am

Sir Nathaniel looks around, puts on his helm, but doesn't say anything before stepping through.

For all I know I've never left hell. So one door is just as good as the next


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Dillon Drummond on Apr 6, 2007, 12:07am

"It's probably too much to hope for a Thor, hell, even Loki, team-up isn't it? Didn't the original New Mutants take a trip to Asgard once? We might not be them, or exactly going to Asgard, but maybe invoking their names we'll be able to garner ourselves some help."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 6, 2007, 12:08am

Sara feels a chill run down her spine, the last time she saw that place a Sentinel battered her face and almost killed her. She's very tempted to just stay back, lock herself in her room, be safe. But she promised Marcus that she wouldn't let him go without a fight, and she's going to live up to her words.

"Are there still Sentinel's there?"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 12:09am

"I only know that Marcus shall walk a different path. And if you choose to stand by him, now is the time to act.

Your path is beset by enemies, but wit, diplomacy, and valor are the way of the Aesir, and perhaps the way of your victory."


Meanwhile, in Marcus' Hell…

Demi drops the final checker in. "Connect Four! I win again!"

She kicks the game across the room, scattering checkers. "Perhaps you might conjure up Mousetrap, or the one with the giant cooties to be assembled…"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 6, 2007, 12:09am

"…I think you're a little confused, Sara. We're going to another dimension, as near as I understand it. At the very least, there won't be Sentinels."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 12:15am

As they step through the portal one by one, they find themselves in the abandoned Svalbard compound, just as they left it. They cautiously wander the familiar corridors, through the hangar, down the elevator shaft, and it's only after a while that they realize the elevator shaft has become stone, and the ladder has become rotted wood and rope.

And after forever, yet after the blink of an eye, they Generation X find themselves in a huge cavern. There's a constant, steady drip, and the occasional howl.

There are figures, dimly visible, in the distance of the cavern.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 12:16am

Demi turns to Marcus.

"Your key is ringing. It screams and howls with the gnashing of teeth, and it makes my vitreous fluid shimmer."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 6, 2007, 12:17am

Marcus was about to summon up a game of mouse trap, wondering on how could he be so bored to resort playing board games with an insane girl, when he noticed something.

"Wait a minute…"

He looked at the Generation X team in his mind's eye again.

"They're leaving now. They're in Asgard."

He turns to Demi.

"Yea, yea. Time to do Mephisto's dirty work for him."

He activates his key.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Dillon Drummond on Apr 6, 2007, 12:17am

I try not to make any noise as I see the figures in the distance.

"Please let them be friendly."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 6, 2007, 12:19am

[Well, that was embarrassing. I forgot Marcus wasn't around. One sec.]


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 12:19am

« Marcus and Demi have a separate path to take. »


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 6, 2007, 12:20am

This is…rather annoying. I'd use Marcus for illumination, but he's not around. "Dan, give us some light. Sara, sweep the area, make sure there's no one hiding."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 6, 2007, 12:20am

Sara looks at Bella with concern on her face, and bites down on her lip, but she doesn't argue, she just goes ahead and follows orders. Running ahead to scan the area, seeing what's ahead.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 6, 2007, 12:21am

[Yeah, sorry. Marcus is really handy, I'm just used to using him so much…]


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 6, 2007, 12:21am

Sir Nathaniel draws his sword, and walks forward. He opens his mind to time.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 12:26am

In the distance, Sara see's a lone woman crouching over a rock. She's not sure, but she sees someone thrashing behind the woman.

—-

Marcus and Demi find themselves in a chill cavern, by a large underground spring. There's a lizard of some sort idly chewing on a root stemming from above.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 12:28am

Sir Nathaniel feels a reeling blow behind his eyes; his foresight is of no use in this realm.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 6, 2007, 12:31am

I follow after Sara, approaching the figures. "Everyone, stay ready." I bring out my shotgun.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 6, 2007, 12:31am

«I was wondering when that was going to happen.»

"Ugh…." he tries to stiffle it, but he knows he made it louder then he would've liked as he stumbles to the ground.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 6, 2007, 12:32am

"This is Niflheim, huh?"

He keeps an eye on the lizard, making particle beam clusters around him and starts walking forward cautiously. The irritating thing was now his mind's eye isn't working, he expected to be transported with his friends, but instead he's alone with an insane girl. Now he couldn't keep track of what they were doing.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 6, 2007, 12:32am

Sara holds a position moving circles around the group, she doesn't know what to expect so chooses to stay a decent distance from a potential threat.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Cheshire on Apr 6, 2007, 12:32am

Joe follows Wild, walking quickly but carefully.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Dillon Drummond on Apr 6, 2007, 12:32am

I rush over to Nate.

"You alright?"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 12:33am

It dawns on Generation X that they are looking at none other than the trickster Loki, bound beneath the world, forever tormented by serpent's venom.

Upon seeing the children, he sneers.

"And what do you seek? Do you seek an audience with the Lord of Mischief? Do you seek a boon?

Free me, and I shall grant you anything your trembling little hearts desire."

He winces as the venom seeps into his eyes. The woman wordlessly resumes placing a bowl in front of his face.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Dillon Drummond on Apr 6, 2007, 12:35am

I look at Loki and grin.

"Thanks but no thanks. Even Mephisto at least tried to look like he wasn't going to kill us."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 6, 2007, 12:35am

"…. Well he did say something about diplomacy"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 6, 2007, 12:35am

"Hesgotareallyfunkhat."

Sara tries to lighten the mood while waiting on orders…those horns are huge.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Cheshire on Apr 6, 2007, 12:35am

Joe looks nervously from Loki to Wild to Nate. He's totally at a loss for what to do.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 6, 2007, 12:36am

"Yes…no. We're not helping someone with the title 'Lord of Mischief'." I glance to Nephy. "If you tell us where we can find Hel, though, we might be able to do something about that venom in your eyes."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 6, 2007, 12:37am

Sir Nathaniel turns a shaking head as he struggles to turn it off. "I…….should…..be…..fine." he finally gets it back off, but the headache is going to be around for a while. "Either there is something powerfull blocking my foresight, or I just got hit by one hell of a vision. Probably wise to forget about it here." He moves to stand still a little wobbly.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 12:38am

Demi smiles cheerily at Marcus. "This must be The Land of Mists, oh, it's such a lovely thing when mists are in season. I have been here before.

We have…"

She counts off on her fingers, twice. "Three paths to choose from. Do you suppose you should walk the Hall of Heroes? Or the realm of the sinners!

No…No, I suppose if we'd best walk the path of the unglorious."

She pulls a severed arm from her pocket, and lights the hand. "Come, I'm 20% sure I know the way."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 6, 2007, 12:42am

Marcus really wanted to walk down the Hall of Heroes. But he probably couldn't make it past the Valgrind anyways. He also didn't want to mess around while his friends could be in danger. So he decided to follow Demi, hoping he might have a chance to go there later.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 12:43am

Loki cackles madly, then stops suddenly, screaming as Sigyn empties the bowl.

"My daughter? You seek an audience with my daughter? Are you willingly seeking out eternal torment? Does it look enjoyable?"

He inclines his head to the snake.

"But yes, I'll tell you where you can send my love. It's not as if I won't see her until the end of time. But what of your oath?

Unless you'd like to walk the path of the Oath-Breakers to my daughter, I suggest you keep up with the boon you offered me."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Cheshire on Apr 6, 2007, 12:44am

"Okay…so…how do we stop that stuff from getting in his eyes?"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 6, 2007, 12:44am

I nod, turning back to Nephy. "Do you think you can mix you blood with that venom, get it out of his body? It wouldn't have to be for too long. Just a quick respite."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 6, 2007, 12:45am

Sara slows down and walks over to Wild, keeping her back to Loki.

"How are we gonna handle him? Cause that's, like, sooooo gross!"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 6, 2007, 12:47am

« You know what this looks like right? I'm not quite sure exactly what you want Nephy to do. »

"Um…"

I reluctantly create a small bowl under the dripping venom, so it wouldn't drip into his eyes.

"What do you want me to do?"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 12:47am

Demi and Marcus walk through the bleak realm. It's cold, yet Marcus doesn't feel it. In the mists, there are shadows flitting about.

Demi pauses. "Have you ever felt like someone walked on your grave?"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 6, 2007, 12:50am

"Just take the serpent's venom out of his body. Cleanse his blood of impurities. Whatever you can."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 6, 2007, 12:51am

"This guy seems on the up and up, I say we free him."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 6, 2007, 12:51am

"No, not really."

Marcus was getting used to answering these questions. Too used to actually.

Lets see, from what I read up in hell, there should be frost giants and monsters here.

He was still uneasy around her, and about doing Mephisto's dirty work, but he walked onwards.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Dillon Drummond on Apr 6, 2007, 12:52am

"Max, are you like a Norse noob or something?"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 6, 2007, 12:54am

"Okay…

This will hurt a bit Loki."

I insert a tendril and rummage through his body. The Venom stings a bit, but not too badly. Eventually I think I have it all, and remove it.

"That's all of it I think…"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 6, 2007, 12:56am

I glance at Max. "I'm not too familiar with Norse mythology, but I know enough to say that releasing Loki. We helped him, he'll tell us where Hel is, we go."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 6, 2007, 12:58am

"Hey, he saved a farmer's son from some trolls a few hundred years ago…"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Cheshire on Apr 6, 2007, 12:59am

«Sorry guys, I'm going to have to cut out. It's been a long day. I'm tired and I have a headache, and I'm going to bed. Have fun!»


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 6, 2007, 1:00am

"Maxwell has a point," he says turning to speak with Loki,"What does Odin have to say about this?"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 1:02am

Loki sighs in relief. "Ha! You see, slattern?" and he feebly kicks at his wife from his bindings. "I don't need you after all."

He grins widely. "Alright, an oath is an oath. You'll need to walk the Oath-Breaker's path anyway, through the land of specters, until you reach the river Gjoll. Cross it, and you may find my daughter's Hall."

Sigyn morbidly points to a previously unrevealed tunnel.

As Generation X heads through, Nephy's cure wears off.

"AHH! Damn you! How dare you deceive the Lord of Lies! I am the craftiest there ever was! I a-AHHH!"

And he kicks and he tugs, but he is forever bound in his son's entrails until the End of the World.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 6, 2007, 1:08am

"Note to self: don't kill any of Odin's kids."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 6, 2007, 1:10am

"Don't you just think notes to yourself? Not say them out loud?"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 6, 2007, 1:13am

"Note to self: shut up, Nephy."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 1:13am

As Marcus and Demi walk, they feel a slight trembling in the ground.

"Oh. That's what it was. Look, it's a frost giant. I wonder if he can give us directions."

She eagerly runs up to the huge beast.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Dillon Drummond on Apr 6, 2007, 1:13am

I glare at Maxwell.

"Not to self: Kick Maxwell's mother in the belly a month before he is born."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 6, 2007, 1:14am

"We offered to help you. We never specified the length." I head down the tunnel.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 6, 2007, 1:15am

"Don't do that Dillon…"

I only say that much beacuse I'm trying to shut up.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 6, 2007, 1:16am

Aren't these giants supposed to be… evil or something?

Marcus follows her wearily, on guard.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 1:18am

«Hell if I know why it triple posted.»


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 1:24am

Demi is punted across the cavern.

The giant turns towards Marcus, and lets loose a battle cry.

Generation X emerges from the tunnel to bear witness to this.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Dillon Drummond on Apr 6, 2007, 1:26am

"Heads up Hellboy!" I shout, making a teleport, hoping to snatch Marcus out of the way.

Wait…why am I doing this? Satan can't be hurt…can he?


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 6, 2007, 1:27am

"Sooo… Oath-breakers. Those sound like some fun people, huh? Bet they like Death Metal."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 6, 2007, 1:27am

"MARCUS AIM FOR THE LEGS!"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 6, 2007, 1:29am

Marcus flies between his legs firing a wave of plasma at them.

"You picked the wrong fight tall, dark, and ugly! Call me Marcus Sun! Slayer of the Midgard Serpent!"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 6, 2007, 1:29am

Marcus. Demi. A gigantic ice monster. Time to work.

"Nephy, focus on protecting Demi and Marcus." I'm sure if Marcus actually needs help, but Nephy's not much good against a creature made of ice, anyway. "Dillan, distract it with you're teleporting; we'll make a run once it's far enough away."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 6, 2007, 1:31am

Max starts making a fireball.

Eh, overkill at this point.

He let's it fizzle out and walks over to Demi.

"Has the zebra eaten her last stripe?


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 6, 2007, 1:33am

I dash over toward Marcus and Demi at her orders.

"Are you two okay?"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 1:33am

The giant swings down at Marcus, accidentally racking itself.

It howls in pain at that, and the burning in it's legs, and charges after Marcus and Dillon.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 6, 2007, 1:36am

"Wait? Dhillon, you're here? Oh shit! Manuver around him!"

Marcus starts flying behind around him firing particle beams at rapid fire at his legs.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Dillon Drummond on Apr 6, 2007, 1:37am

I begin flitting around the giants head while Marcus goes after the feet.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 1:38am

Demi punches Adept in the face.

"Bite your tongue! They used to eat cake, and eggs, and honey, until you came and ripped their throats out."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 6, 2007, 1:39am

"Marcus!" I call out to him, full blast. "Just distract him! We don't need this fight, we can move on!"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 6, 2007, 1:40am

Sara runs in trying to provide a distraction, knowing she wont be any match physically.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 6, 2007, 1:40am

He rubs his nose.

"Ow… someone had to glue the kitties fur back on. The grass was getting nervous."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 1:41am

The giant grabs Dillon.

"Rrr. Gymir put you in his pants!"

He shoves Dillon down the front of his pants.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 6, 2007, 1:42am

«About how tall is this giant?»


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 6, 2007, 1:43am

"Dillon…."

That dosen't look pleasent.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Dillon Drummond on Apr 6, 2007, 1:43am

I don't even think for second about NOT teleporting out of this things pants. I should just pop into it's brain but I'm sure I'd die so I'll settle for…just away.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 6, 2007, 1:44am

«Hahaha»

"Eh?!! Dhillon? Can you teleport out of there or something?"

He was at his ear now, creating small balls and firing them inside and vibrating them against his ear drum.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 6, 2007, 1:45am

"Someone should do something…

…sigh."

Max starts conjuring a fireball to throw at it's legs.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 1:48am

«Big enough to fit Dillon comfortably in his Fruit of the Looms. 60ish feet?»

Demi scowls at Marcus, and cancels his spell with a snap.

"My mummy used to sing me to sleep at night. Run and catch, the lamb is caught in the blackberry patch… She had the sweetest voice. What will your mummy sing when they find your body?"

The giant looks around for Dillon, nearly stepping on Hype, when Marcus' equilibrium attack kicks in.

He staggers, swaying back and forth.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 6, 2007, 1:50am

"EVERYONE OUT OF THE WAY!"

He flies off, still vibrating the constructs, looking for any stragglers who could get crushed.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 6, 2007, 1:51am

Well… He's already swaying… Maybe a little push.

I ram him with a small sphere of blood, trying to knock him down.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 6, 2007, 1:54am

I stand next to Nephy and watch as the giant fallls, ready run if htings get tough.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Dillon Drummond on Apr 6, 2007, 1:54am

As soon as I hit the ground from my 'port I vomit.

"Oh. My. God."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 6, 2007, 1:55am

«20 would have been snug. So 30-40 feet sounds right. 60 makes us like mice to it. Either way.»

Moves outta the way if he is anywhere near the falling behemoth.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 6, 2007, 1:56am

"'The howling pumpkin pie,' maybe 'the lazy octapus,' it depends on how many mouths she has at the time. Has anyone told you that your toes are too long?"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 2:00am

The giant falls down, but catches itself, picking up Sir Nathaniel as he regains his footing.

"Gymir put you down Hrod's pants!"

Gymir runs off with Nathaniel.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 6, 2007, 2:01am

"… crap…"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 6, 2007, 2:01am

Begins stabbing at Gymir if my hands aren't clutched to my sides.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 6, 2007, 2:02am

"What is that giant's problem…

Oh, hi Marcus!"

I try to grab away Nate before the giant can get too far.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Dillon Drummond on Apr 6, 2007, 2:02am

"We've got to save him…so…horrible…"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 6, 2007, 2:03am

Marcus waves at Nephy and flies after the giant, firing particle beams at the hand holding Sir Nathaniel.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 6, 2007, 2:03am

"Marcus, Max, focus on trying to make it melt! Aim all you attacks at a specific spot!"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 2:05am

Gymir drops Sir Nathaniel at the sudden stabbing, freeing him.

Marcus' attack severs his hand, and the hand and Nathaniel go tumbling below.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 6, 2007, 2:06am

Max shrugs.

"Hrod should be a little more sensible. And I don't see her letting him shove strange men into her underwear.

Or we can cut off his hand."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 6, 2007, 2:06am

Marcus dives after Sir Nathiel to grab him.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 6, 2007, 2:09am

I have the blood falling freely from the giant grab Nate and let him gently onto the ground.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 6, 2007, 2:09am

80 feet, or higher, and I'm dead. He was running, but stopped to drop me at the pain. So I'm probably around 40-50 feet high. This is going to hurt.

He looks around during the split seconds of the fall.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 6, 2007, 2:11am

I rush in with my shotgun, aiming a shot at the creature's ankles. It probably won't do much damage, but I'm looking to simply immobilize him. If I destroy the tendons, I'll do just that.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 2:12am

Gymir falls, with a crashing thud.

Demi applauds, floating cross-legged.

"Look, Marcus!" She points to the horizon. "The river Gjoll! That shall take us from the Land of Mists to Hel proper."

There's a river on the horizon, shrouded in mists and shadow.

Demi sits while Generation X recuperates from the perverted frost giant.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Dillon Drummond on Apr 6, 2007, 2:13am

I kick the giant in the foot before joining the group.

"That never happened. We never speak of that again."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 2:16am

Gymir spasms, outreaching his other hand for Dillon, before falling fast asleep.

Demi looks around. "Who caught the Knighted man?"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 6, 2007, 2:16am

Max cuts some hair off of the giant.

"Whatever you say, buddy. Guess he should've bought you dinner first."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Dillon Drummond on Apr 6, 2007, 2:17am

"Any reason you're stealing it's hair? Voodoo is so Caribbean."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 6, 2007, 2:19am

"Um… I did?"

I remove the blood from his armor.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 6, 2007, 2:20am

"Spells. Always need supplies. You should've seen what I nabbed from the pyra… nevermind."


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 6, 2007, 2:22am

Marcus hovers down.

"Guess everyone's here."

He sighs.


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 6, 2007, 2:22am

Sara looks over at Nephy.

"Ewwww."

Seeing Marcus come down she smiles and runs at him.

"Mark!"


Re: Gen X #7 - ?
Post by Alkaline on Apr 6, 2007, 2:25am

«And we'll call break here. Resume tomorrow or Saturday night, depending on how busy the Hellions keep me »


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 1:08am

«Let's go.»

Generation X nears the river Gjoll.

Jagged floes of ice swiftly rush by in the current. Through the fog, they see a bridge spanning the wide river. It's thatched with gold and bones.

There's a giantess seated before the bridge's entrance, and she looks at the approaching travelers with an impassive stare.

She stands up, reaching 40 feet high. "Who trespasses here, and what is the nature of your business?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 1:09am

«Thank you wise, and merciful one.»

"Thanks, Lady Nephy."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 8, 2007, 1:11am

"We come in search of the Lady Hel. Would you happen to know where she is?" I would be more elaborate, but I'd rather not spend any more time with a giant than I have to.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 1:11am

Max whispers to the group.

"I don't know about you guys, but I TOTALLY would."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 1:12am

Joe just stares slack-jawed at the huge lady.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Rapt "Roc"/Fragment/Fraternity on Apr 8, 2007, 1:14am

Aaron looks up at the Giantess in shock, which is quickly becoming acceptance.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 1:15am

Marcus steps forward.

"I'm Marcus Sun, we want to go into Helheim. We seek an audiance with you're ruler."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 1:17am

Joe's mind has ground to a halt (granted, it was never traveling at light speed to begin with). As such, he says the first thing that pops into his head.

"You're the hugest lady I ever seen!"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 1:21am

The giantess nods.

"I am Modgud. One must be dead to pass, but you have stated your name and intent, as The Rules dictate. One did this before.

I grant you passage. It matters not to me."

As Generation X crosses the bridge, the span seems to become immense, but it may be the fog.

They can hear the river below, and the sharp ice slicing through the current.

They cross. As they cross, it rings out as if a thousand men walk across it, yet Marcus passes without a sound.

Demi merely floats.

They decide it is a good time to speak of their course of action, should they find Hel.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 1:23am

"So whadda we do when we find this lady?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 1:24am

"Lady Hel is no enemy of ours, so we shouldn't bring a fight to her doorstep unwarranted."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 8, 2007, 1:26am

"Agreed. We try diplomacy first, and fight as a last resort." I nod. "Given her stature, it would probably be a good gesture for us to kneel at her presence when we first see her."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 1:26am

Demi twirls overhead.

"I should like to have a huge loaf of bread, the maggoty kind that's good for teeth and eyes.

Oh, and goat urine! It has been so long, if at all, that I tasted the goat urine stout of Eljudnir!"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Rapt "Roc"/Fragment/Fraternity on Apr 8, 2007, 1:26am

Aaron just nods, doing whatever he's told at this point. He's completely out of his element by now.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 1:27am

"Okay, I can kneel, that's good. …uhm…okay, please don't be mad, but why are we gonna go see her again? I forgot."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 1:27am

Marcus has been noticing how he wasn't cold, how he didn't make a sound. It was disturbing.

"I want to talk to her first too. I don't like being a pawn of Mephisto."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 1:28am

"I don't know, Hel always seemed more neutral than the other death Gods, she may not be big on ceremony. She'll probably be busy."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 1:29am

"Busy, how?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 1:31am

"You think there's shortage of cowards and oath breakers?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 1:33am

"I suppose not. Does that mean you have a suggestion?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 1:33am

"Demi, have you ever met Hel?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 1:35am

"Not a suggestion, more of a "be prepared;" we may have to prevent Ragnarok or something before she deems us worthy to talk to her."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 1:36am

"Prevent the whatsahoozit now?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 1:37am

"Wait, aren't we going here because the Key probably wants us to kill her? Won't she know that? I don't think diplomacy will go very well…."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 1:38am

"Ragnarok, end of the world and the fall of the Norse Gods. Essentially a huge ass war between the giants, Loki's sons, and the Norse Parthanon."

Marcus turns to Nephy.

"The key wants me to kill her, but I don't want to. I'm hoping for another solution."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 1:38am

"She's nice."

Demi pulls "The Edda" from mid-air.

"Hm. Her hall is called Sleet-Cold; her dish, Hunger; Famine is her knife; Idler, her slave; Sloven, her maidservant; Pit of Stumbling, her threshold, by which one enters; Disease, her bed; Gleaming Bale, her bed-hangings. She is half blue-black and half flesh-color (by which she is easily recognized), and very lowering and fierce."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 1:38am

"End of the world. Twilight of the Gods. You guys have done that stuff before, right?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 1:39am

"Oh." Joe thinks for a second. "Stopping that sounds hard."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 1:40am

"Well it probably won't come down to that. Stopping the sun from being eaten is impossible for us anyways."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 1:41am

"Don't sell yourself short, O Lord of Hell."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 1:41am

"If she's like Mephiso… well, we'll either end up worse off then when we started, or she'll just attack us and ask questions later.

Anyway, not every single moment involving Norse Gods needs to involve Ragnarok. You know it only happens once, what makes you think this will be it?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 1:43am

"Well, I'm glad we don't gotta stop that bad thing, that sounded harder than Dr. McCoy's Algebra tests and them are just about the toughest thing I ever seen."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 8, 2007, 1:43am

"That's true, Nephy. But then, we do have extraordinarily bad luck."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 1:44am

"It won't come down to Ragnarok. This god is probably one the only ones that we may have a chance to be diplomatic with."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 1:45am

"Well if we prevent it, this won't be when it happens, but maybe we're worrying too much. Like Demi said, she's nice. You wouldn't force us to walk down the yellow brick road, would you sweetie? The munchkins are foul this time of year."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 1:45am

"If you say so Marcus…. I'm not exactly the biggest expert on Norse Gods."

"Max…. You just made no sense at all."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 1:46am

Demi rests her chin on Nephy's shoulder as she floats along behind her.

"Because time is everything and nothing and has no meaning in these realms. Perhaps NOW is Ragnarok. Perhaps yesterday."

As the fog clears, they find themselves off the bridge, and walking on a slate gray trail.

In the distance, a ridge rears up, and the path leads to a giant gate, made of stretched skin and frozen corpses.

It's very windy, and they hear a bone chilling howl.

Something is moving in the shadows near the gate:

A giant bloodied wolf, it's shoulders towering thrice Nathaniel's height, with a chain of flesh and silver running off down into a cavern.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 8, 2007, 1:48am

"Keep your distance." I doubt they have to be told, but I say it anyway. "Maxwell, do you know the significance of this?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 1:48am

"See? She's obviously a pet lover. They're nice, right?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 1:48am

"Is that Fenrir?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 1:49am

"It's a giant wolf that's not bothering us in any way, why do we need to know who he is?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 1:51am

The wolf pads forward to the path, straining the length of it's chain.

It snuffles at the group, then howls, piercing their ears.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 1:51am

Joe turns slightly green at the sight of the gate. "We gotta go through there?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 1:51am

"I don't know, just didn't expect to see him here."

He moves across, keeping away form it.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 1:51am

Joe covers up his ears and circles around to the far side of the path, away from the wolf.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 1:52am

"Just her watchdog, she knows we're here now. Hey there, Garmr… who's a good boy? Who's a good boy?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 1:53am

"Ow… I just had to say that, didn't I?"

I can't even hear my own voice.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 1:53am

The wolf snorts at Maxwell, and it's neck bristles.

The gate is ajar, and the wind is really picking up.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 1:53am

Joe tries to circle around the wolf and get through the gate.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 8, 2007, 1:54am

"Everyone, through the gate!" I start to head it's way. "Joe, Nephy, take point."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 1:55am

"Let's go."

He walks to the gate.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 1:55am

"Way ahead of ya, boss lady!"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 1:56am

"Okay…"

I run toward the front. Don't know why I'm here though.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 1:56am

Nathaniel puts his hand on the hilt of his sword, and makes haste towards the gate.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 1:56am

Wait… wait… Garmr, Garmr… howling… why do I get a bad feeling…


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 2:01am

They enter the gate, and Garmr howls, and it begins to sleet, but they're safe.

The gate slams shut.

It is immensely cold, and they are beset by specters.

Wordlessly, the specters flit through the shadows, and approach the team.

As they approach, the temperature seems to drop, and the weak minded members of the time find themselves hypnotized by the swarms of shadows.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 2:01am

Joe stares with glazed eyes at the shadows. "…kinda pretty…"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 8, 2007, 2:03am

"Marcus give us some light and heat. Nephy, see what you can do about keeping our body temperatures up."

I turn to the specters. "We mean you no harm. We simply want an audience with Hel. Show the way or let us pass."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 2:04am

Marcus creates plasma. He wasn't cold at all though, that disturbed him.

Howling… sleet.

The stupid shadows were distracting him.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Daniel "Incendiary" O'Conner on Apr 8, 2007, 2:06am

Daniel forms a fire scarf and stares at the specters.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 2:06am

Stands next to Joseph.

"Really pretty…."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 2:07am

Joe stretches a hand out toward one of the shadows. "Touch…pretty…"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 2:09am

The shadows embrace Joe and Nephy, and they stand transfixed.

Demi stares transfixed as well, but at her Mad Lib.

"I need an Adjective."

As Dan flares his scarf, they see a worn path lined before them, and down through the eerie green glow of the tunnel, they see a large underground lake.

Yet the specters do not free their prey.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 2:10am

"Wildfire, we need a new plan."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 2:10am

Marcus sees the shadows wrap around the two and his own thoughts were broken.

"Wild's something's wrong."

Marcus fires plasma at the shadows, stopping it before it touches Nephy and Joe.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 2:11am

"Marcus, don't hurt them! I wanna watch them dance…"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 8, 2007, 2:11am

"Dan, Marcus, pull them apart." Shadows should have a problem with light - sounds solid. "Nathaniel, could you open your mind to time, see if we have anything new?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Daniel "Incendiary" O'Conner on Apr 8, 2007, 2:11am

Daniel looked at the lake .

"Magnificent."

He fires a ball at the specters.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 2:11am

"Fucking-!"

Max Turns Undead and, unintentionally, gives Demi her word.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 2:12am

"Pretty…."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 2:13am

"No! Haven't you been paying attention? There's no time here."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 2:14am

Marcus walks up to Joe and slaps him.

"SNAP OUT OF IT!"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 2:14am

"I tried just before we met Loki. I may have been channeling his pain though."

Opens his mind to time.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 2:14am

Marcus's plasma gently dissolves the specters embracing Nephy and Joe, but Dan's fireball passes through harmlessly.

Maxwell's spell catches their attention, and they turn to Wild, and seem to float back, clearing the path.

They float malevolently, threatening to press in at any time.

Now would be the time to run.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 2:15am

Joe shakes his head and blinks. "What was I…?" Joe looks around, confused.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 2:15am

« Are we un-hypnotized? »


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 2:16am

Max grabs Nephy and shoves her in front of him.

"Move! MOVE, everyone!"

He starts running down the hall.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 8, 2007, 2:16am

"Move it! Nathaniel, head us up!" I burst off down the clearing. "Marcus, make sure our rear is secure. Keep us in the light!"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 2:17am

"Wha-?" Joe follows Maxwell, confused beyond belief.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 2:17am

"Sorry Joe."

It was a weak slap anyways.

"Alright lets move!"

He runs across at the flank firing waves plasma around them to keep the shadows at bay.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 2:17am

As Sir Nathaniel looks into time, he falls to his knees again.

There is nothing to open to.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 2:17am

"Didn't even hardly feel it. You hit like a girl, " Joe says with a laugh as he runs.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 2:18am

"Yea I do, don't I."

Marcus grabbed Nathaniel with a construct bringing him to the group.

"Let's move Hellfire Knight."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 2:19am

« I'll just take the leap and say yes. »

"Huh? Why did you push me?"

I follow everyone running away. It doesn't seem smart to stay here if everyone else is running.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 2:21am

Demi floats after Nephy, half-singing Memory from Cats and spinning around.

They reach the underground lake, and the Hall of Hel - a massive building, twisting out at odd angles, impossibly large, and yet so small.

The front door lies open, and there is the noise of a great feast inside.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 2:25am

Marcus makes a fence of plasma around the group and the pathway to the hall.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 2:25am

Steps through the front door.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 2:25am

I have no idea what's going on, and still don't think this is a good idea.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 2:27am

"That's the halls of Hel. Everyone inside before the shadows come."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 8, 2007, 2:28am

"Take it slow - remember, diplomacy." I enter standing staight and tall.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 2:29am

"Shadows?"

Of course I'm still going in, being herded by a plasma fence and all.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Daniel "Incendiary" O'Conner on Apr 8, 2007, 2:29am

Daniel absorbs his scarf and walks in the door.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 2:29am

Joe stands up straight and follows Wild's lead.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 2:29am

Sir Nathaniel finds himself in his element.

The roof is woven with the spines of serpents, dripping poison down onto the hall.

Inside it is much larger than outside. It resembles a worn down tavern and a huge impoverished town all at once.

There are people crouched at long tables, sipping at goblets of goat urine, and staring at plates with scraps of food clinging to bone. Thick clouds of flies buzz overhead, and puddles of blood slick the floor.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 2:31am

"Ugh…"

Marcus was the last one in.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 2:31am

Joe cocks his head to the side. "Are…are them people…drinking pee?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 8, 2007, 2:31am

This is all vaguely disturbing, but I pus it aside - time for business. "Can any of you tel us where to find Hell? We need an audience."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 2:32am

"It's the only thing to drink here."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 2:32am

"… Best not to think about it Joseph."

I'm feeling kinda weak already…


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Daniel "Incendiary" O'Conner on Apr 8, 2007, 2:32am

"From the smell in the air…yes they are, Joseph."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 2:33am

"I should've brought an umbrella. Well, dig in, Demi."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 2:33am

"I don't think I want to stay here any longer than we has to." Joe pinches his nose closed with one hand.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 2:34am

"Demi, directions to where Hel is please?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 2:37am

An old man hacks and coughs, and spits up something on Joe's pants.

"Through the back. No one here will stop you."

Someone throws a goblet of urine at Wildfire. "Oath-Breakers! Dishonorable Ones!"

He is quickly quieted by someone across the table yelling back, "Silence, we're all Dishonorable or we wouldn't be here!"

A little girl cries silently in her seat. "But it's not my fault."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 2:39am

"Who said that…"

I look around for the little girl.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 2:39am

Joe looks down at his pants sadly. Then digs in his pocket for one of the pieces of candy he always keeps on him, in case of emergencies. "Don't cry little girl…here's some candy to help make you feel better." He hands her the candy, and follows the rest through the back.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 2:40am

Marcus vaporizes the goblet and it's contents with a blast of plasma.

"Well… let's go I guess."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 2:40am

Heads through the back.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 2:43am

The bartender motions to Marcus and Demi.

"Hey, you! They aren't welcome here!" and he points to the rest of Generation X.

As Sir Nathaniel heads to the back, reality shifts, and he finds himself in another hall, this one with bed-ridden people, rotting of disease.

Outside the smoke hole in the roof, the moon shines bright and full.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 2:44am

The little blonde girl looks at Nephy with puppy-dog eyes, and smiles at Joe before returning to her goat urine.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 2:45am

So much for not stopping anyone….

Looks around trying to find other exits.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 2:45am

"What wasn't your fault?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 2:46am

"They are my friends and I don't give a flying crap whether you welcome them here or not."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 8, 2007, 2:50am

"Just tell us where we can find Hel around this place, and we'll be on our way."

[Just a bit confused - was Nathan the only one teleported?]


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 2:50am

«Anyone who walks down the back gets teleported, the bar tender already showed us the way. Which is down the back.»


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 8, 2007, 2:52am

[Sorry. The later it gets, the more hazy I get.]

I head after Nathan, motioning for the others to follow.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 2:52am

Max follows HFK.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 8, 2007, 2:53am

«too late for a pop in?»


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Daniel "Incendiary" O'Conner on Apr 8, 2007, 2:53am

Daniel follows Wild.
"Lettuce go after the weirdo then."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 2:53am

«What Marcus said.»

Sir Nathaniel looks back and sees his friends, slightly blurred. Still, the hall stretches on, and now he finds himself in a chilled hall, where the lethargic lay about, and curse the world and themselves.

Walking the Hall, Nathaniel notices the moon has waned.

A huge man puts his arm around Joe, and points to another man at the bar. "My friend doesn't like you. I don't like you either."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 2:53am

« You already were here, it makes more sense then Sara mysteriously disappearing. »


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 2:55am

Marcus steps towards the guy who has his arm around Joe.

"Well guess what big man? You're standing in front of the man who slayed the great wolf Fenrir, so unless you back down, you're going to get burned."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 2:56am

Joe looks at the man. "I seen this movie before."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 8, 2007, 2:56am

«can someone pm me some bullet points so I don't jump in blind? it'll take me a bit to catch up»


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 2:58am

The burly man hefts Marcus by his neck. "Is that so? You've still got your hand, and the world still ends, so I don't know about that. What say you, Tormud?"

The other man laughs. "Let them be. They seek an audience with Hel. If it's hunger and piss they seek, let them have it."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 3:00am

Marcus…. I thought you were going to stop lying…


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 3:01am

After wandering the corridors, and watching the moon wane slowly until there was nothing but blackness in the sky, they find themselves at the end of the hall.

The floor juts out over the edge of a fjord, and the waves crash against the ice floes below.

It's a dead end.

Demi peeks over the edge, sipping a goblet of goat urine. "Why, this is just Budweiser! A pox on Anheiser, I say! The filthy thief!"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 3:02am

Joe follows. "I'm glad that ended differently than the movie. We ain't got no laser swords."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 3:06am

Marcus looked over the edge.

"Now what?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 3:08am

"Did we go the wrong way?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 3:08am

«Am I still off someplace else, or are we back on the same page?»


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 3:08am

«For Grey: Lets see. The Giant let us through, we ran down a giant bridge chased by shadow creatures, until we went through into the hall of Hel. Which was the run down bar area you saw earlier.»


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 3:09am

"…I got nothing."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 8, 2007, 3:10am

«Alright, thanks for the help people, so we're in a bar or at a cliff, that's the part confusing me»


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 3:11am

«We went down the back and got transported into another area, then we walked through there until we got into a dead in. The cliff.»


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Daniel "Incendiary" O'Conner on Apr 8, 2007, 3:11am

«Ca-Liff-O»


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 3:12am

«You're at the end of a large building half hanging off of a cliff, unfinished. And we're all together, though Nathaniel took point and got here first.»

Demi drops her goblet of Budweiser. She can't hear it hit the water amidst the wind and crashing of the waves.

Edit: oops


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 3:13am

"Um…. Hel! Are you here?!"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 8, 2007, 3:14am

Sara looks down the cliff side at the water.

"That's….wow."

She's a little astounded.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 3:15am

Nathaniel looks at Wildfire,"We fly, we leap, or we try calling her by name. Preferance?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 3:15am

Demi throws her book at Marcus, and it bounces off his head, then falls open at his feet, to this passage.

"Her hall is called Sleet-Cold; her dish, Hunger; Famine is her knife; Idler, her slave; Sloven, her maidservant; Pit of Stumbling, her threshold, by which one enters; Disease, her bed; Gleaming Bale, her bed-hangings. She is half blue-black and half flesh-color (by which she is easily recognized), and very lowering and fierce."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 3:17am

« I have Budweiser? »

I quickly back away from the edge.

"I hate hights, I hate hight, I hate hights…."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 3:18am

Joe backs away too. "I do too, Nephy." He laughs nervously. "See? We got more in common than liking animal shows."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 3:21am

I smile weakly.

"Really, really don't like heights. I say we call her or whatever."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 3:22am

"Demi, is this the Pit of Stumbling?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 3:22am

Demi pushes Nephy off the edge.

She hurtles toward the icy waters, the wind roaring past her.

She finds herself seated in a delapidated lodge, before a huge throne.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Daniel "Incendiary" O'Conner on Apr 8, 2007, 3:22am

"We should jump. Can we jump?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 8, 2007, 3:23am

Sara hears Nathan say the word "stumbling" and promptly takes two steps further back from the edge.

"Soooooo….why's it called that?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 3:23am

"NEPHY!" Joe jumps after her.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 3:23am

"Ow…"

He thought about the pit of the stumbling too, but there was something else on the passage that ticked him.

sleet…

Marcus grabs the rest of the group with constructs and starts hovering down.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 3:24am

"……………"

Way too scary. I'm just going to sit here and shiver for a while now.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 3:24am

"Thats an answer." Nathaniel grabs Sara, and jumps.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 3:26am

Marcus lowers the group to the water's surface.

The water swirls below them, and they hear a wolf howl. The stars stab down like spears, and everyone feels nauseous.

Demi has disappeared.

—-

Demi, Nathaniel, Sara and Nephy sit in the cold hall, and from the shadows of the throne, two white eyes stare out.

"What is your business?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 8, 2007, 3:26am

Sara lets out a small scream from the surprise as Nathan jumps with her, but it quickly turns to a squeal of excitement. She misses roller coasters.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Daniel "Incendiary" O'Conner on Apr 8, 2007, 3:27am

"Let go! I wanted to jump!"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 3:27am

Marcus rolled his eyes.

"Fine."

He drops Dan.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 3:28am

Max jumps in.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 3:28am

"K-K-K-Key…"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 3:29am

«Even when falling, Joe is slow »


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Daniel "Incendiary" O'Conner on Apr 8, 2007, 3:30am

"Awesome."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 3:31am

Upon hearing the howl, Marcus remembers his old train of thought.

Sleet, howl, Garmr

"Oh shit…"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 3:31am

The rest of the Gen Xers find themselves seated with the others at a long table. Empty plates and goblets of a stinking liquid lie before them.

The person in the throne leans forward, and the cold blue flames lining the hall illuminate her face.

A beautiful woman with long blonde hair, and beautiful hazel eyes scowls at them. Half of her face is rotted off, and the hair grows in patches.

"What Key?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 3:32am

Joe tries not to stare at Hel. He doesn't want to make her feel bad.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 3:33am

Max looks around at everyone.

"Why ARE we here?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 8, 2007, 3:34am

I kneel before Hel, turning to Marcus and nudging as I go - I think it's best if he talked to Hel about this, with their similar statures.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 3:35am

Two wolves pad up throne-side.

One appears to be gnawing at a sliver of moon. But at another angle, it's a severed arm, pale as silver.

Hel waves her hand dismissively at the team. "You stink of my father."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 3:35am

Sir Nathaniel slowly moves his sword arm to his chest, and bows.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 8, 2007, 3:35am

Sara looks around the table puzzled before pulling her goggles up, her face showing the signs of long term wearing.

"Wait, where are we?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 3:36am

"Oh, right, we're doing the kneeling thing…" Joe hops down from his seat and kneels.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 3:37am

Nathaniel turns to Maxwell,"We're here on the path to Marcus salvation. As to why here specifically should be revealed soon enough."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 3:38am

Still way too freaked out from falling.

"F-Father? We H-Helped L-Loki a bit."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 3:39am

"I'm not sure if 'helped' is the right word."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 3:39am

Hel tilts her head, looking at the team with only her beautiful side.

"Nephew?"

The wolf not chewing the arm pads up to the group, sniffing, and pausing at Nephy's throat for a tense moment. It returns to the throne, and Hel leans close to it's maw.

She rises and stands expectantly in front of Marcus.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 3:40am

"We're here because we want to talk to you about the Key of Hell and the newly vacated Realms of Mephisto."

Marcus kneels.

"I'm Marcus Sun. Not long ago I made a deal with Mephisto, he gave up his position of ruler of Hell and gave the Key to me. However in doing so he also trapped me in Hell, and transported us to the other layers in order to kill the other gods that rule there. However I am not Mephisto's pawn, and I have no qualm with you. So we seek another solution. If you could give us another way to recharge the key, and help us against Mephisto, we won't fight you."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 3:43am

Man, this is the scariest so far, and we've been in quite a few scary places. Nephew?


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 8, 2007, 3:47am

Sara starts rubbing her temples, all this talk! She takes her goggles off her head all together and sets them down on her lap in an attempt to avoid a headache.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 3:48am

"You won't fight me? That would be charitable."

She looks impassive.

"My halls will soon be filled, for now is the death of the gods. The Fimbulvintr has started, and Hati has devoured Mani," she scratches one of the wolves' head. It twitches it's rear leg ecstatically.

"Brother will kill brother, and my siblings will soon arrive in my realm. Yes, I would think a fight should be avoided.

Mephisto means nothing to me; he is paranoid, and I am bound to my duties here. I care not for his machinations.

Still, I would have you amuse me. You must complete three tasks. Then I shall do as you ask."

She eyes Marcus' key with scorn.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 3:49am

"Name them."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 3:50am

"Whadda we gotta do?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 3:50am

Marcus sighs.

I knew it. Garmr howling starts it. The Fimbulwinter. The invasion of the Giants. Ragnarok.

"What are the tasks?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 3:50am

Max lets out a cough.

*Called it*


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 3:51am

She thinks, rubbing the wolf's belly.

"I would have one of you run a race. Meanwhile, I challenge you to feast and drink. And then you shall wrestle one of my servants."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 3:51am

"I'm starting to see how Dillon doesn't think that positive…"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 3:51am

"Well, guys…I think I could do the eating and drinking, maybe. Or the wrestlin'"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 3:52am

"Do we choose the competitor in these tasks?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 3:55am

"Yes. Select your challengers. Test your might."

She looks very irritated.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 8, 2007, 3:55am

The choices are obvious. "Sara for the race, Joe for the wrestling." I have a feeling the feasting and eating won't be that simple. "We should probably refuse any food given to us down here, though."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 8, 2007, 3:55am

Sara throws her arms up and smiles.

"RACE!"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 3:56am

"The feaster will probably be drinking goat urine…. You know what I'll do it."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Daniel "Incendiary" O'Conner on Apr 8, 2007, 3:56am

"I'll do it."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 3:56am

"…

Not it!"

Max turns to Dan.

"Dude… you could've at least waited a few seconds after you heard 'goat urine.'"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 3:57am

"I'm not sure sara was a wise choice unless we know for sure it is a ground race. I think Joseph would be better towards the feasting. With me in the wrestling, but as you wish."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 3:58am

"I'll do either. I mean, I don't wanna drink no goat pee. But if it means we aint' gotta fight and we're closer to getting Marcus back, I'll do it."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 4:00am

"Joe I've got my own plan. Hel does it have to be the food you give us?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 4:00am

A skinny man, a lithe red-headed woman, and an old woman enter the hall.

Hel snaps her good hand, and a group of Viking mid-wives appear, setting the table with a bountiful feast: everything from suckling pig, to roast mutton, to fresh salmon and hot bagels.

"Have you decided?" Hel looms over Marcus, staring daggers at everyone. "The Warriors' End approaches."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Daniel "Incendiary" O'Conner on Apr 8, 2007, 4:01am

"I wanna do the feast!"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 4:01am

Joe starts stretching, preparing for the wrestling match.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 4:01am

Demi rips off a ham-hock.

"Oh yes, Master, please let her use the food she chose."

She takes a bite.

"Ith delithus."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 4:02am

…..

I really don't want to drink goat pee.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 4:04am

"Hey, good idea, have Demi do the feast, I think she has a black hole in her or something. You know, where her soul would be."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 4:06am

"Very well, Marcus Sun. You have elected the way of the drinking challenge," Hel nods, approvingly.

Her servants hand him a huge horn of mead. It is decidedly not goat urine, but the finest mead from Valhalla.

"Now, may I have your feaster, your runner, and your combatant?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 4:06am

"That's not a good thing to say…."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 8, 2007, 4:07am

Nathan does make a strong point, one I hadn't considered. "What is the nature of this race, anyway?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 8, 2007, 4:07am

Sara starts stretching her legs out.

"So this is a foot race, right?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 4:07am

"Joseph, do you really think you can handle this?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 4:09am

"Sure, I was best wrestler on my jay-vee team. And I really wanna help, I won't let you guys down."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 4:09am

Marcus stares at the Mead.

"… Oh crap…"

I hate alcohal…

He sighs.

Well it's better than fighting Hel.

He starts chugging it down.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 4:11am

"Just remember what you're facing. Go with honor."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 4:14am

Marcus drains the horn of mead, and lowers it. It's still full.

Joe enters a circle scrawled in the dust on the floor, and the old woman steps in, promptly body slamming him to the floor.

Hel looks around furiously. "Where are my racer and eater?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 4:14am

I frown slightly. I kinda want to help, but… I think there are better people for this kind of stuff… I guess I could do the eating thing, maybe. And I'm pretty strong, so I might be able to wrestle…

I open my mouth, but realize I'm still shell shocked from the fall, and manage to say nothing.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 8, 2007, 4:15am

Sara walks towards Hel, putting her goggles back on as she walks.

"I'm your runner."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 4:15am

"Ow…you're pretty strong, old lady…" Joe rolls up to his feet, and begins circling.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 4:16am

He looks from Daniel to Demi,"Demi, you boast about the food why not be our feaster?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 4:17am

"Yeah, we're with you Demi!"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 4:19am

He looks at the full horn of mead dazily.

"Oh the…re's morre…"

He chugs it down again.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 4:20am

Wait….

"Why on earth aren't I the drinker if it's mead?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 4:23am

Demi sits down and devours the pig. The lithe red-head sets down next to her, and devours two rump roasts. The race is on.

Sara is led outside by one of the wolves, to a dark field. "You are to run against Hugr. To that tree on the horizon, 5 miles out, and back, three times," the wolf explains.

The old lady grapples Joe in a headlock, and drives her elbow into his groin.

Marcus' horn is still full.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Daniel "Incendiary" O'Conner on Apr 8, 2007, 4:23am

"I don't know, why would you be?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 4:24am

"Beacuse I don't get drunk?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 4:24am

Joe howls in pain. "Stop…hittin'…me…THERE!" Joe wraps his arms around her, catches her other arm, and lifts backwards, trying to drive her head into the floor.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 4:25am

"I'M THE STRONGEST GEN X'ER HURRAH! You shall all call me Lord Marcus! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh look morrre mea-ddd."

He chugs it down again.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 8, 2007, 4:25am

Sara blinks a couple times before giggling.

"So just go as fast as I can? Only thirty miles?"

She keeps laughing to herself as she takes a position and kicks her speed on.

"Thenhurryupandsaygo!"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 4:26am

"… And Marcus does. Really easy."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 4:26am

"Good Lord… she even ate the bones…"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 4:28am

Demi and the red headed woman clear the table, and another course is brought out; venison, stroganoff, and open faced sandwiches.

The spry man takes his place next to Hype, and the wolf twitches his tail. "Go."

Joe drives the woman's head into the ground, but she maneuvers on top of him, blood streaming into her eyes, and places him in a Boston Crab Leg Lock.

Marcus looks at the mead. It's gone down a hair. But that could be the alcohol throwing his perception off.

Hel sits back in her throne, a dry smile on her face.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Daniel "Incendiary" O'Conner on Apr 8, 2007, 4:30am

"I see…fuck you Marcus! I'm the strongest Gen Xer! You should drink more if you think you're better!"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 4:30am

Joe clutches at the back of his head, then wags his finger "no" at an imaginary ref. "Guys…gotta…start…chanting…name…" he says between clenched teeth. He plants his hands on the floor and starts pushing up.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 8, 2007, 4:32am

Sara kicks off hard and starts pushing, going as fast as she can without losing her control. She has no idea how fast this guy can go, but she's hoping he'll be blown away.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 4:33am

Joe throws the old woman off.

Demi finishes off the entire deer, and another course is brought out: smoked mackerel, smoked salmon, and salted pork.

Marcus can't believe his horn is still full.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 4:33am

"…."

That thing is not getting any less full.

"Ms Hel? How much Mead is in that horn?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 4:33am

"Oh, there's mead in my hairs."

He stumbles woozily.

"Yea I'm the strongest Gen X'er! I'll drink all of it! Nothing can stop me! I don't care how much is in here!"

He chugs the mead down messily.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 4:33am

Sara finishes the race quickly, and finds Hugr scratching the wolf's ear.

"Ah, too slow. Best two out of three?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 4:34am

Joe starts puffing his cheeks and shaking his head in an attempt to Hulk Up. Joe tries to bodyslam the old woman.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 8, 2007, 4:36am

Sara's jaw drops.

"How'd you….?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 4:37am

"Lady Hel, are there any rules to these competitions?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 4:40am

Joe slams the woman down, knocking her breath away. She takes a few deep breaths, then stands up, knocking Joe to his stomach, and begins riding him like a horse around the ring, slapping his ass, before dropping him into a Crossface Crippler.

Demi pauses through shoving a handful of mackerel down her throat, watching Joe. "I can't believe it! What a dirty trick! Her beating Joe is like O.J. Simpson hosting a banquet for spouse abuse! She is so stupid, she thought Hamburger Helper came with a person."

She resumes her meal.

Hel looks at Nephy as Marcus takes a breather before his next pull from the horn, but she just smiles.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 4:41am

"And I Marcus Sun will lead the Norse Gods fight against Surtr and the Fire giants. Stealing his sword of fire and impaling him with it! The Jörmungandr will attack me, wrapping it's body around crushing me, until I use the mighty mjollnir to smash it's head. Slaying the beast that poisons the skies!"

He continues chugging the mead.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 8, 2007, 4:41am

«BENOIT!»


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 4:43am

Hel stands near Sir Nathaniel.

"First to fall fails, as it ever is. If you best me in the majority, I shall grant your wish. If you do not, you shall keep me company for the All-Father's arrival. It should be soon. I have seen my brother the World Serpent and Thor in my finest dining hall, sharing mutton and mead."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Daniel "Incendiary" O'Conner on Apr 8, 2007, 4:43am

«RABID WOLVERINE!»


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 4:43am

"Can we help them?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 4:44am

Max eyes one of the turkey legs on the banquet table. It had been a long walk. He then glances over at Demi, unsure if she would tear his arm off and eat it if he got too close. He remains seated.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 4:44am

«Other way around Amy »

[I]Boy, she's really got that thing locked in, hurtin bad…strong old lady, she ain't no Rapid Wolverine, though…[I]

Yelling out in pain, Joe loops his free arm around her head and clamps down hard. He loops his other arm around her leg, making sure he's got a secure grip. Then he struggles to his knees…then feet. He falls to his side, trying to drive her head into the floor.

If he succeeds, he'll roll directly into a pin, hooking the leg as he does so.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 4:44am

Hugr and Sara run again. And again. And again.

"You are fleet of foot, but slow witted. Are you sure you wish to try me again? I'll trade all my victories for your one."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 8, 2007, 4:45am

«I gotta peace out in a minute, the laptop I managed to snag is about on dead.»

Sara looks at him annoyed.

"Whatdoesthatevenmean?ImrunningandnotcomingclosewhatamIsupposedtodo?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 4:46am

Joe pins the old woman, and Demi spits salmon all over everyone as she cheers him on.

"Yeth! Thtomp her! Tree of Woe! Tree of Woe!"

Marcus is feeling woozy now, but his horn isn't quite empty.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 4:46am

"Did I win?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 4:48am

"However due to the great Midgard Serpent distracting me I was unable to help Odin as he was devourered by the Wolf Fenrir. I'll then fight the wolf, place a foot on it's lower jaw before tearing it's throat out. Then, after singling handedly defeating in invading Giants, I shall be hailed as a hero with songs sung about me for all eternity! I shall walk into Valhalla victorious, as the greatest warrior Midgard has ever known!"

He continues chugging the Mead. His feet were wobbling.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 4:49am

The old woman throws Joe off at the slow-as-ever two-to-three count, and jams his head between her thighs, Pedigree-ing him to the floor, then elbow dropping him and throwing him in a choke hold.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 4:50am

"Um… Ms. Hel, I think you're cheating…."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 8, 2007, 4:51am

«It's time-uh to play-uh the Game-uh!»


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 4:52am

Hel inclines her head to Nephy.

"How do you mean, child?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 4:52am

"Even while my villainous opponent cheats I shall still win this challenge! For there is nothing that I cannot do! Hurrah!"

He continues to drink the mead, almost tripping and falling.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sara "Radical Dreamer" Lincoln on Apr 8, 2007, 4:53am

«Alright, I'm out»


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Daniel "Incendiary" O'Conner on Apr 8, 2007, 4:56am

«Get The F Out!»


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 4:57am

Joe's head lands on a pebble on the floor, and soon, he's wearing the crimson mask.

Old lady's playin' dirty, well I know all the tricks of the dirtiest player in the game..

Joe gives her a poke in the eye, releasing a small blast from his fingers as they make contact*. He then grabs her around the throat, and sits up. If he can, he'll stand all the way up and chokeslam her.

*«Captain Insano shows no moicy.»


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 4:57am

"If it is just me you want then I will gladly keep you company till Oden arrives."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 4:59am

"Um…"

I know she's cheating. I do I do.

"There's no way that person can eat that fast. There's not enough space in a stomach. And Marcus had been drinking that Horn a LOT, there's no way it could hold that much. And beating Sara in a race…"

That's enough of that.

"And Joseph…"

I was avoiding him. It looks painful.

"Why is the lady you chose so old? There must be all sorts of big strong guys to wrestle, she must have some sort of trick."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 4:59am

Joe's chokeslam succeeds. But the woman still has fight in her.

Sara fails her hundredth race in a row.

Demi is losing steam, and the red headed woman is still cramming food in her mouth.

Marcus passes out.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Daniel "Incendiary" O'Conner on Apr 8, 2007, 5:00am

"Come on Joe! Give us a….WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Marcus/Darya/Joshua/Ghost on Apr 8, 2007, 5:01am

"You knoo…w. Why all this fighting… I want everyone to be a happy familllyy…."

He passes out.

«And I'll log out now.»


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 5:02am

Joe grabs her left leg and steps around it. "It's tahm…to go to school! WOOOO!" Joe falls back and hooks her in the figure four.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Daniel "Incendiary" O'Conner on Apr 8, 2007, 5:02am

"YEAHHHHHHH!!!!"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 5:05am

"The girl has a point, you do seem to have tip the scales to your favor quite a bit."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 8, 2007, 5:06am

"Allow me to try."

I start chugging the mead myself, taking Marcus' place. I've never actually drank this sort of beverage before, so it's hard to say how my body will react - it might have the normal effect, or I might be able to cancel out any ill effects with the heat. One way to find out.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 5:08am

Hel smiles at Nephy, placing her decrepid hand on her shoulder.

"I see where the intelligence of this group lies."

She snaps her fingers, and the food, servants, and challengers disappear, and they are once again alone in a cold hall.

"It is true, I deceived you:

You ran against Thought, and nothing being faster than thought, which can leap from land to land, and from time to time, in an instant, it was unfair.

You challenged Fire in consumption, no being can consume as much as Fire can.

You wrestled Old Age, and did not submit. You will be a powerful warrior.

The horn channeled the water of the very seas; indeed, through Marcus Sun's powers, you have lowered the level of the surrounding fjords. I thought it not possible, but your trinket of Mephisto has already made you dead, and thus able to break the rules of such things.

So yes, I deceived you, but you have shown valor and worth to me, and I will grant your request."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 8, 2007, 5:10am

"Oh."

I put the drink away. "Mission accomplished, then."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 5:10am

"I knew that old lady was playin' dirty. But she was a fun opponent, I liked wrestlin' her. Makes me miss the team. Thanks for figurin' everything out, Nephy, I told you that you was super smart." Joe smiles and gives her a quick hug.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 5:11am

"Looks like. Of course, I already knew this, I just wanted to see if one of you would get it."

Max reaches for a piece of ham.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 5:14am

"You seek release from my realm? A boon? Ask, and I shall grant."

Hel draws her cloak tight, looming over the team.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 5:15am

"U-Um…"

I'm kinda caught between pride and being creped out.

"Thanks… and Thanks Joseph."

I return the hug and glare over his shoulder at Max.

"They why didn't you say anything?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 5:15am

"What was we supposed to ask for?" Joe whispers to the rest of the team.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 5:16am

"Um… Something about the Key. I'm not sure…"

Do we want to keep it or what? I know we don't want to give it to her.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Armando "Army" Rosewell on Apr 8, 2007, 5:16am

"He didn't say anything because he didn't really know, Nephy." I turn back to Marcus…this is really his question to ask, so I leave it to him.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 5:16am

"And ruin the good time? That've been mean. Poor Demi doesn't look like she's eaten in years."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 5:18am

"We ask for that which can not be spoken till it is found."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 5:18am

« Too bad Marcus loged out. Tsk. »


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 5:20am

«Aaaand Marcus is gone, but we can wrap it up.»

Marcus presents the Key to Hel, explaining it's need to be recharged.

Hel holds the key, and closes her eyes. She releases the key and sits in her throne.

"It is done. Mephisto and his tricks shall never allow you intrusion on my realm again, for both our benefits. Fare you well, warriors."

The team finds themselves hurled through a rainbow void.

After several minutes in the void, it's apparent that something is following them: a two toned mask hovers around the group.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 5:21am

"…I played this game before…them things chase us till we drop the key."


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 5:22am

And it does just that. In a flash of light, Marcus loses the key, and the void loses it's rainbowed swirl. They feel themselves pulled violently in the opposite direction.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 5:22am

"I've… seen that mask before…"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 5:22am

Joe screams and nearly vomits as they switch directions.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 5:23am

Generation X awakens in the cold stone floor of a castle.

It is several hours later.

Demi holds her stomach, in pain. "Ugh. When did we get to Disneyland?"

She motions to the nearest window.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Cheshire on Apr 8, 2007, 5:24am

"Disneyland?" Joe hops up and looks out the window.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Sir Nathaniel/Fang on Apr 8, 2007, 5:25am

Nathaniel gets up, and looks at the furnishings before reaching out to see if time has meaning here.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 5:25am

"Why can't we walk places anymore?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 5:28am

Joe and Nephy stare out the window. The hills have eyes. Literally.

The sky is blue, it's verdant green, and a warm breeze blows. Below, they see a town where dinosaurs and people wander a market.

There are towering mushrooms everywhere.

Wait…dinosaurs?


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 5:29am

"Say Joseph, do you think we're on drugs?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Maxwell "Adept" Winters on Apr 8, 2007, 5:29am

Max joins them at the window.

"What was in that ham?"


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 5:29am

Sir Nathaniel sees your stereotypical fantasy castle furnishings, all lace and cushion-y.

As he opens his mind to time, he sees a scorched land, and the silhouette of a dragon.


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Alkaline on Apr 8, 2007, 5:30am

«End mission. Oh. The Ops Room is gone again. As are the bedrooms. Socialize in your new home.»


Re: Gen X #7 - Fimbulwinter
Post by Nephy "Lifebeat" Nephrahim on Apr 8, 2007, 5:30am

"Hey, you're the guy with all the answers. You tell me."


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 License.